• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stand Alone game

Stand Alone game

• Stand Alone game

Votes: 40 12.0%
  • DLC that requires RO2

Votes: 138 41.4%
  • Free

Votes: 155 46.5%

• Total voters
For the people here who say RS should be something that needs to be paid for because people are actually working on it: I'm just curious, if you people here end up downloading some of the free mods such as InCountry and IronEurope, are you going to be sending those folks a check for their hard work... :p
Ironic mode on
wow this is the spirit ... :rolleyes:
Ironic mode off

Moe, sometimes I still believe that the ability of men to recognize what is worth and what not ...
if the game deserves and, for what i see, really deserves.
You think is not right pay for a work?
This mod, is supported from TW if i understand right...not with money maybe but with place in that forum and knowhow.
Very long time ago, we call this "espansion". I think is right pay for that.

For In country and for IronEuropeyes I want pay like RS, if the mod deserves i support team of modder with my money!
Think, where can be the pc games without mod?
2 examples?
-Red orchestra was a MOD!
-HALF LIFE was a MOD!

Upvote 0
I'm not saying its not worth paying for, but at this point, we don't know anything except some photos and a few video clips. Could be worth it, or maybe not.

Also keep in mind, if its not free, then not everyone will buy it and it will split an already small community. Also keep in mind, that not everyone is thrilled with the way ROHOS currently is and are waiting to see how new updates and the Classic mode turn out. I'm in that boat; not currently thrilled with the game and only play it occasionally. And you cannot say I don't support TWI, I bought at least 3 copies of ROOST and 3 copies of KF, not to mention The Ball (which wasn't my type of game) just to support TWI, and 2 copies of ROHOS, one of which doesn't get played because my son (19) thinks its 'BLEH' in comparison to ROOST.

So to be honest (in my opinion of course) if the upcoming changes aren't that interesting to me, I won't be paying for RS because out of all the mods, its the one most likely to adhere to TWI's gameplay because it is sponsored by them. It is no disrespect to them.

Upvote 0
Actually I have donated small ammounts of money to mod developers I like in the past.

It is a decision of a developer team,if they just want to make a mod, or if they go for a different approach. There are a lot of mods out there for different games, that are actually better as official dlc's or addons. It is too early to say how "good" RS will be and what will be different in terms of gameplay to RO2. So I guess we have to wait, or if you are one of the lucky guys in the beta ( I am not :( ) you can take a look at it and eventually have a influence to the gameplay.

Upvote 0
As it stands, I would like this mod released for free to attract many players as possible, if those players really enjoy it, they could support it by paying a Killing Floor like DLC, purely aesthetic as a badge or uniform or whatever else.

But it obviously depends on the intrinsic quality of the mod, and the popularity of RO2 when the mod come out, and plenty of water has flowed under the bridge by then. If RS is great, the developers deserve of course to be rewarded. If RO2 is unfortunately unable to recapture his audience, RS team would actually consider a stand alone release.

Upvote 0
Id rather there be an option to buy this as a stand alone game. I dont have HOS, and I dont plan on having HOS, and id hate to have to waste all that HD space to buy a game I am not even gonna play just to play this. There is something to be said about a commercial release, such as the ability for the developers to be rewarded for all their hard work and the fact that commercial releases generally get far more attention then regular mods. If released commercially the company will get money for which they can invest back into advertising and better developing the game and thus draw more players, or at least offset the financial burden of advertising this game to a wider audience and making a quality product. If they make it free they cant afford to advertise and if they cant afford to advertise allot of people may not play it because they may not even know it exists.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Would you rather get something for free that isn't supported well and may not be all that everyone was expecting, or would you rather pay 10-30 $ and have a professionally done product? You can't expect people to put in more than a work weeks worth of time every week, for free. Well, at least not and expect a perfect product.

Upvote 0
a few months ago, i thought the game should be free, or very cheap, as tripwire fist mentioned it would be. now, after getting the chance to play-test it for a few weeks, i'm not so sure. this game is even better than i hoped it would be. i now think that whatever gets it into the eyes of the most people is the way to go. if they need to charge full price, to get the dollars for a large advertising campain, so be it. i'd like to see this game get the kind of advertising that games like cod get, tv commercials and the works. it's worth it.
you don't need to be worried that rising storm might split the ro2 community. you need to worry that rising storm might end it.

Upvote 0
A couple of points here:

1 - TWI never said RS would definitely be free.

2 - R5CYA is under an NDA and should always bear that in mind.

..although he is right, RS is pretty awesome ;)
i wont be giving away any info. just wanted to say how great it is.:D i won't forget we have a deal and i will not break it. it is hard to hold back at times though. ;)

Upvote 0
My vote is for DLC that requires RO2 but paid for DLC.

I want to run a server that can offer both HoS maps and RS maps without changing.

So the first map is an HoS, it end and then there is a RS map. All seamless.

So the player needs both HoS and RS to play properly on my server.

However if RS is a dog, I will have to rethink that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0