• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stand Alone game

Stand Alone game

• Stand Alone game

Votes: 40 12.0%
  • DLC that requires RO2

Votes: 138 41.4%
  • Free

Votes: 155 46.5%

• Total voters
the only issue i would have with this being a standalone game is the fact that i bought RO2 for no reason whatsoever.

I played DH more that Ost, and i bought RO2 even after playing the less than compelling beta with the thought that at least the mods would be good.

If RS was going to be standalone, i would have skipped RO2 entirely since i have about 15hrs total on it. Oh well maybe ill invest more hours into it with the advent of classic mode.

Upvote 0
One question from me - how do you plan to release Rising Storm? Will it be possible to buy by the box (like Red Orchestra 2) or will it be downloadable by the Steam and paid via card? It'd like to buy the boxed version more (although I could clamp teeth if it'll be downloadable only) since my net is stable yet not as fast to download big games with comfort. I'd also like to have it free, but it's up to you to decide, I guess. It's your effort.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One question from me - how do you plan to release Rising Storm? Will it be possible to buy by the box (like Red Orchestra 2) or will it be downloadable by the Steam and paid via card? It'd like to buy the boxed version more (although I could clamp teeth if it'll be downloadable only) since my net is stable yet not as fast to download big games with comfort. I'd also like to have it free, but it's up to you to decide, I guess. It's your effort.

The method of release is still being discussed. can't say much more.. other than 1C's lead producer is one of our testers ;)

Upvote 0
where did you hear there was going to be a single player?

It was mentioned early on and supposedly it was going to be the same as in RO2.

Single-player may have been mentioned in the early days of this project. I think it's safe to say that the idea has been quietly dropped and I don't think anyone will be too sad about that.

I for one will be sad. Why would you cut down on potential sales, or even players, by alienating the SP crowd?? You can make the game your way and still get some of the COD players (who still love the WW2 setting as I do). Granted, at 55, I'm most likely the oldest member here. I play the modern setting fps games, because that's pretty much the selection I'm dealt right now. I'm just waiting for WW2 games to cycle back around. :)

Upvote 0
OKAY GUYS PLEASE LISTEN TO ME
I AM A COMPLETE GAMER I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR THIS ETHER but heres the couple things that i have to say

1. THIS TEAM ARE WORKING THERE A S S OF ON THIS GAME LETS PAY THEM BACK IN SOMETHING OTHER THEN NICE COMMENTS

2. AS most people Know games or mods that or payed for usually do really good after when people are complaining about bugs or stuff to add or even a
rising storm 2 just put it this way if you give me a year to build a house with no money then you give me a house to build with 500,000 then i can guarantee
you will like the payed one more once its done

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OKAY GUYS PLEASE LISTEN TO ME
I AM A COMPLETE GAMER I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR THIS ETHER but heres the couple things that i have to say

1. THIS TEAM ARE WORKING THERE A S S OF ON THIS GAME LETS PAY THEM BACK IN SOMETHING OTHER THEN NICE COMMENTS

2. AS most people Know games or mods that or payed for usually do really good after when people are complaining about bugs or stuff to add or even a
rising storm 2 just put it this way if you give me a year to build a house with no money then you give me a house to build with 500,000 then i can guarantee
you will like the payed one more once its done
yes. thank you.:IS2:

Upvote 0
thank you and i dont now about u guys but im voting for a dlc even if i have to pay 20+
I WANNA SEE FREE GO TO 10 PERCENT AND DLC 90
if u want a game that you will like then pay for it

its exactly like the saying U GET WHAT U PAY FOR

when darkest hour came out ppl were complaining guess what you have no right to complain its free so if rising storm becomes a free game then no complaining you didn't pay for it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well now that we've seen the GOTY update, a $10 RO2, many new players to the game, and an over all better game, perhaps many of your opinions will change. Sure, people like free things, but people are also fine to pay a low amount for a great game.

Perhaps TWI could have a steam sale again when Rising Storm releases. Rising Storm could go on the Steam Store to buy for $10-$20, and the mod/DLC team gets paid for all their work.

Although, I have heard that TWI might pay the mod team a sum of money for advertisement for their game RO2, depending upon how many people buy RO2 for Risign Storm. If you go to the Rising Storm website, under the employment area it says (paraphrasing) "Pay determined on game sales."

Just my thoughts and addition to this thread. Your work is looking great, RS team!

Upvote 0