Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Privay Policy Update

We’ve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We’ve incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We’ve added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: http://tripwireinteractive.com/policies/privacy-notice
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Name Shaming and Public "Witch Hunts" are also not allowed.
    3. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    4. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    5. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.

• There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post, "necro post" or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Do you feel RO2 is ready for more content to be added?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you feel RO2 is ready for more content to be added?

Well I have tweaked, patched and modified my game to work very well for me and is quite enjoyable.

However, I am aware some people are still having some minor/major issues when it comes to gameplay or stability due to one reason or another.

But from what I have been observing, RO2 is almost completely stable and functional for the majority of players..... do you think we're almost to the point where Tripwire should start adding additional content to the game, such as more weapons, vehicles, maps, etc.?

Obviously Trip should still be focusing on some of the other game issues some are experiencing and continue to work on the performance details..... but I think to give the game a good kick in the butt and open people's eyes back up to RO2, there should be a few more maps added or some more weapons or some transport vehicles, etc......

I feel that once some more content is added, people will grow more interested and see that the game is begining to expand, rather than hanging in limbo due to game fixing patches, which seem to have done their job for the most part.

Thoughts?

Some new maps would be nice, but I think I'd prefer the SDK to be released, so we can start playing custom rules servers, and the community can come up with new maps (or remake classics) on their own.

Comment

From what I understand TWI only has a handful of coders which is the ones doing most of the patching.So I'm sure the rest is working on free content new maps or even APC's with some large maps to drive em around in.

I expect something within a month or so....cant wait!

"Its easier to find men to die than to suffer the patience of war" Caesar

Comment

Crap, I was trying to add a poll, but I went off to do something else and the poll creation timed out & posted before I was ready...... poop.

Well use your imaginations that there's a poll.

Comment

I think you people are crazy...realistically we wont be seeing new content for at least six months. It's going to take another month or so of heavy optimization and fixes. Then they will release semi annual major updates, (Online Campaigns, Co-Op, APCs, Tanks, Weapons and eventually mods/expansions). It will take a couple of years before this game reaches the level of content you are looking for.

That being said. I love the game. I can wait. Like others I hope the UDK is released soon for everyone. Then we will hopefully see an increase in custom levels and modded servers. I am worried though...I've stalked the "level design" sub forum for a long time, and it doesn't really get that much traffic. Maybe all the designers are laying low for the time being.
          [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Comment

Well, despite getting an average of 45 FPS and all my system temps staying normal, RO2 often completely freezes my entire PC forcing me to restart (before sound loop causes my head to explode)

Add in the fact that players who are new to RO haven't learned how to play the game after a month and most of the experience players only playing on weekends (if at all) and it adds up to the game being extremely frustrating.

Comment

I think there should be one big update

With the rest of the optimizations for maps along with balancing like what they did on Pavlovs.

A couple of new maps

And the SDK release.

That should keep people entertained while they fix/add more bugs and squash smaller issues.
              Formerly Extremity
              Specs: 8GB RAM, GTX 460, i5-3570k

Comment

Originally posted by DiedTrying View Post
                Well, despite getting an average of 45 FPS and all my system temps staying normal, RO2 often completely freezes my entire PC forcing me to restart (before sound loop causes my head to explode)

Add in the fact that players who are new to RO haven't learned how to play the game after a month and most of the experience players only playing on weekends (if at all) and it adds up to the game being extremely frustrating.
                Thanks, but what does any of this have to do with the actual topic?

Would you prefer more performance patches & updates still, or would you like to see some new additional content added to the game to give more variety?

Comment

If they put out DLC while I still have crap fps, stutter and crap hit detection, I'm done with TWI.
                  i5 650 @3.20 Ghz
                  HD 5770 1 gb
                  8 gb RAM
                  Win 7 64

Comment

Originally posted by Extremity View Post
                    I think there should be one big update

With the rest of the optimizations for maps along with balancing like what they did on Pavlovs.

A couple of new maps

And the SDK release.

That should keep people entertained while they fix/add more bugs and squash smaller issues.
                    Agreed. I think with some content added to the game, and then going back to patches/updates/tweaks, that would give people a break from all the performance patches, add some new content for those wanting it, while still allowing time to go back to performance patches afterwards.... a bit of a break so to speak, in order to show people that there is more to the game than just patching and fixing. (But again, not to toss fixes and patches aside entirely.)

Comment

How about TW implements all the features they advertised first, then they can worry about DLC.
                      Most Honourable, Krobar
                      sigpic
                      Yea, I'd be that guy, with an obrez and an ice cream cart.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt-Praxius View Post
                        Thanks, but what does any of this have to do with the actual topic?
                        First paragraph is relevant

2nd paragraph was me venting

Comment

This game needs the SDK and custom maps !
                          [img]http://webs.ono.com/mcdurolgg/alarcon.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Stahlhelmii View Post
                            If they put out DLC while I still have crap fps, stutter and crap hit detection, I'm done with TWI.
                            You are aware that content creation would have next to nothing to do with the people who would be required to deal with those issues, right?

Or would you prefer the artists, mappers, and other content related persons at TWI to sit on their hands and do nothing while they wait for others to weed out issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Krobar View Post
                              How about TW implements all the features they advertised first, then they can worry about DLC.
                              Elaborate.

Are you refering to a more realistic mode, or stuff like the campaign?

Either way my vote here would be that the only new content they should be adding until the bugs are worked out ( ie that 4 page thread of "easy" bugs is gone ) is a realism mode.

Let me explain, as I am naturally biased towards that.

I feel it would not be interpreted by many players as an act of dismissing their performance problems, as this wouldn't be DLC as much as it would be the addition of something that was promised before release. Also, players on the forums here and ones you randomly meet in game would like a more realistic HOS. If it is the mod community that creates that fix, for a company that prides itself on mod roots and embracing the community; that would be a black mark on the record of TWI that would never cease to exist.
                              "We must stand up men! Stand up and vow to continue to never play RO:HOS like never before! "
                              - HockeyWarrior,
                              From the original RO:HOS is dying thread circa 2009.

Comment

Working...
                              X