• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do you feel RO2 is ready for more content to be added?

Actually I myself am in much the same boat, the game is somewhat fun, but, well ... I just cant play it all that long anymore. In its current buggy state, and half arcade half wannabe realism the game is dead to me. I un installed it two days ago ( I've been highly tempted to re install it as I dont have any other good shooters to play ), and Im trying to keep it un installed for my own good until some big bug fixes come out.

See for me, I'm not playing as often as I was a couple of weeks ago.... mostly due to personal things in my life taking up my free time, but also due to part of what you mentioned, I can't play it for very long.

Not because of bugs or glitches.... as mentioned before, it runs just fine for me.... but because the game is lacking content.

There's only a select amount of maps, two tanks, and a handfull of weapons to choose from...... especially when one compares RO2 to RO1.

Granted, RO1 has been around for a while and didn't have all that it has now at this stage of the game's development that RO2 is currently in..... but I think some additional maps to play or introduce more weapons or vehicles to the existing maps would give the game a well needed boost in interest...... and then jump back into some more patches.

It sounds like most people want the SDK released and they'd be happy..... I'd also say that's probably the more logical approach to grabbing and keeping people's attention for the time being.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
New content of any kind might just add a whole new set of bugs to a game that a lot of people are having problems with in the first place, fixing the game is more important than DLC.
A lot of people just won't play this game in its current state, DLC. might tempt them back, but if the same old problems are still their, they'll soon leave again and might never come back, FIX THE GAME FIRST! get a solid core of players who like and can play a bug free game, then release DLC. to try and attract the guys who are sitting on the fence.
FIX THE SOUND BUG FIRST TWI, I'M SICK OF PLAYING WITH NO SOUND.
What would be the point of having new tanks, vehicles or weapons, if i can't hear a bloody thing!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe there are far more important things to be fixed but I do have strong doubts that Tripwire will fix this things such as improving the weapon handling, removing the lockdown timer, improving the command system, the injury system, and so on since their intention was to create a more accesible game. The most important thing is that this content is free. I personally feel like it isn't right to pay for additional content if the game isn't stabilized and fixed. It think it is very important to move slowly with all this and let it takes it time. It is very important to create a good foundation before dlc's and such are fixed otherwise people might leave the game anyway due to it's current flaws.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
more content would be appreciate from TWI but I'd like to see the SDK released in the near future. The mod support was for me the main reason I bought the game, I'm fine at the moment and have no bugs or perfomance issues at all but the maps are not that kind of maps I was looking for. There are 4 maps I really like to play, while the others are pretty much just okay for me but thats no critic at all. So I don't need any new content in the near future as long we get the SDK and people can change minor things, and release maps later I'm fine.

Upvote 0
Some new maps would be nice, but I think I'd prefer the SDK to be released, so we can start playing custom rules servers, and the community can come up with new maps (or remake classics) on their own.

:)

Yeah, I think we are about ready for new content. The SDK would cut loose
a lot of pent-up talent fast. But Tripwire has got their hands full with code
refinement for awhile, so perhaps we shouldn't expect too much from them short-term. But if a functional SDK gets released, a lot more folks will be involved quickly. Some of the maps will be good, some of the maps will be
horrendous, just as in RO1. But it will be a good step forward.

Upvote 0
:)

Yeah, I think we are about ready for new content. The SDK would cut loose
a lot of pent-up talent fast. But Tripwire has got their hands full with code
refinement for awhile, so perhaps we shouldn't expect too much from them short-term. But if a functional SDK gets released, a lot more folks will be involved quickly. Some of the maps will be good, some of the maps will be
horrendous, just as in RO1. But it will be a good step forward.
TWI has got it's hands full on the fails. Fails they produced themselves. Hands that made fails. Hands that are making more fails.

Oh boy.

TWI sucks.

Upvote 0
I believe there are far more important things to be fixed but I do have strong doubts that Tripwire will fix this things such as improving the weapon handling, removing the lockdown timer, improving the command system, the injury system, and so on since their intention was to create a more accesible game. The most important thing is that this content is free. I personally feel like it isn't right to pay for additional content if the game isn't stabilized and fixed. It think it is very important to move slowly with all this and let it takes it time. It is very important to create a good foundation before dlc's and such are fixed otherwise people might leave the game anyway due to it's current flaws.

I agree, their's no point putting nice shiny new wheels on a car with a broken engine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thyrker
Upvote 0
The question isn't if RO2 is ready for new content, the question how long it takes to make a map or a vehicle.

For the most stuff, TWI is doing stuff with the sourcecode of the game, which means the coders have their hands full. The rest of the team, can use their time to optimize existing maps and vehicle, and start on new maps and vehicle. BUT because of the detail of vehicles and maps, it will take a while before they're ready for release.

And before they can even start on these things, they have to research the vehicle or the area the want as a map (since they take actual battlegrounds in stalingrad).

So, I think it will take atleast 2 months, before they release something new.

Upvote 0
New content of any kind might just add a whole new set of bugs to a game that a lot of people are having problems with in the first place, fixing the game is more important than DLC.

New content is far, far, far more likely to help solve existing bugs than it is to introduce new ones.

Content such as maps and the like are simply data that is processed by the game. The game really doesn't care if this data is a flat plane and a few cubes, or if it is a very complex building. New bugs are very unlikely to be created from introduction of new code. Instead, any 'new' bugs that are introduced by new content, such as new maps and the like, are actually existing bugs that are already there. We just don't see them as the current content wouldn't expose them, or doesn't expose them often.

New content, made by people who have little to nothing to do with fixing bugs, means that more information on the bugs may be gathered. More information on bugs means a far, far easier time narrowing things down so you can actually Fix the bug.

Earn a degree in Computer Sciences, and you will quickly learn that understanding the cause of a bug is many many times as hard as actually fixing it.

Reactions: Cpt-Praxius
Upvote 0
Wait just one second you want new DLC but they have yet to release the full game ?

We are missing half the game still.

For starters we are missing a so called Skirmish Mode seen in E3.

We are missing a practice mode skirmish mode may be better it depends what they want to do.

And we are also missing the FULL SDK.

But hell why dont we just add several weapons and a new map with some DLC im sure everyone will never want the rest of the game anyway....

I feel like a minority but im PROUD MINORITY.

Reactions: Somewhat Vague
Upvote 0