• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do you feel RO2 is ready for more content to be added?

Cpt-Praxius

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 12, 2005
Canadian in Australia
Well I have tweaked, patched and modified my game to work very well for me and is quite enjoyable.

However, I am aware some people are still having some minor/major issues when it comes to gameplay or stability due to one reason or another.

But from what I have been observing, RO2 is almost completely stable and functional for the majority of players..... do you think we're almost to the point where Tripwire should start adding additional content to the game, such as more weapons, vehicles, maps, etc.?

Obviously Trip should still be focusing on some of the other game issues some are experiencing and continue to work on the performance details..... but I think to give the game a good kick in the butt and open people's eyes back up to RO2, there should be a few more maps added or some more weapons or some transport vehicles, etc......

I feel that once some more content is added, people will grow more interested and see that the game is begining to expand, rather than hanging in limbo due to game fixing patches, which seem to have done their job for the most part.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Somewhat Vague
I think you people are crazy...realistically we wont be seeing new content for at least six months. It's going to take another month or so of heavy optimization and fixes. Then they will release semi annual major updates, (Online Campaigns, Co-Op, APCs, Tanks, Weapons and eventually mods/expansions). It will take a couple of years before this game reaches the level of content you are looking for.

That being said. I love the game. I can wait. Like others I hope the UDK is released soon for everyone. Then we will hopefully see an increase in custom levels and modded servers. I am worried though...I've stalked the "level design" sub forum for a long time, and it doesn't really get that much traffic. Maybe all the designers are laying low for the time being.

Upvote 0
Well, despite getting an average of 45 FPS and all my system temps staying normal, RO2 often completely freezes my entire PC forcing me to restart (before sound loop causes my head to explode)

Add in the fact that players who are new to RO haven't learned how to play the game after a month and most of the experience players only playing on weekends (if at all) and it adds up to the game being extremely frustrating.

Upvote 0
Well, despite getting an average of 45 FPS and all my system temps staying normal, RO2 often completely freezes my entire PC forcing me to restart (before sound loop causes my head to explode)

Add in the fact that players who are new to RO haven't learned how to play the game after a month and most of the experience players only playing on weekends (if at all) and it adds up to the game being extremely frustrating.

Thanks, but what does any of this have to do with the actual topic?

Would you prefer more performance patches & updates still, or would you like to see some new additional content added to the game to give more variety?

Upvote 0
I think there should be one big update

With the rest of the optimizations for maps along with balancing like what they did on Pavlovs.

A couple of new maps

And the SDK release.

That should keep people entertained while they fix/add more bugs and squash smaller issues.

Agreed. I think with some content added to the game, and then going back to patches/updates/tweaks, that would give people a break from all the performance patches, add some new content for those wanting it, while still allowing time to go back to performance patches afterwards.... a bit of a break so to speak, in order to show people that there is more to the game than just patching and fixing. (But again, not to toss fixes and patches aside entirely.)

Upvote 0
If they put out DLC while I still have crap fps, stutter and crap hit detection, I'm done with TWI.

You are aware that content creation would have next to nothing to do with the people who would be required to deal with those issues, right?

Or would you prefer the artists, mappers, and other content related persons at TWI to sit on their hands and do nothing while they wait for others to weed out issues?

Upvote 0
How about TW implements all the features they advertised first, then they can worry about DLC.

Elaborate.

Are you refering to a more realistic mode, or stuff like the campaign?

Either way my vote here would be that the only new content they should be adding until the bugs are worked out ( ie that 4 page thread of "easy" bugs is gone ) is a realism mode.

Let me explain, as I am naturally biased towards that.

I feel it would not be interpreted by many players as an act of dismissing their performance problems, as this wouldn't be DLC as much as it would be the addition of something that was promised before release. Also, players on the forums here and ones you randomly meet in game would like a more realistic HOS. If it is the mod community that creates that fix, for a company that prides itself on mod roots and embracing the community; that would be a black mark on the record of TWI that would never cease to exist.

Upvote 0
If it is the mod community that creates that fix, for a company that prides itself on mod roots and embracing the community; that would be a black mark on the record of TWI that would never cease to exist.

I agree there. But then also getting them to release a 'realism' mod, which IMO should take out all the hero weapon load-outs...and perhaps do something to slow the pace of the game...that would mean Tripwire basically admitting that they screwed the pooch on the basic identity and core elements of ROHoS. There's not a lot we've seen from Tripwire that leads me to imagine that would happen.

I also think that before any real new content is released...TWI should release the SDK and the co-op game mode. Those were selling points about the game most of us thought would be out at release...at least until we were told otherwise shortly before the release.

Everything about this game points to capabilities that were over-reached and features that were over-sold. Speaking as a committed RO player...this game just isn't fun to me. If it's fun to you...great. Enjoy it. I'll pass (for now).

Upvote 0
I agree there. But then also getting them to release a 'realism' mod, which IMO should take out all the hero weapon load-outs...and perhaps do something to slow the pace of the game...that would mean Tripwire basically admitting that they screwed the pooch on the basic identity and core elements of ROHoS. There's not a lot we've seen from Tripwire that leads me to imagine that would happen.

I also think that before any real new content is released...TWI should release the SDK and the co-op game mode. Those were selling points about the game most of us thought would be out at release...at least until we were told otherwise shortly before the release.

Everything about this game points to capabilities that were over-reached and features that were over-sold. Speaking as a committed RO player...this game just isn't fun to me. If it's fun to you...great. Enjoy it. I'll pass (for now).

Actually I myself am in much the same boat, the game is somewhat fun, but, well ... I just cant play it all that long anymore. In its current buggy state, and half arcade half wannabe realism the game is dead to me. I un installed it two days ago ( I've been highly tempted to re install it as I dont have any other good shooters to play ), and Im trying to keep it un installed for my own good until some big bug fixes come out.

Upvote 0