• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where the players gone ?

Been playing the BF3 beta. Can't believe I paid money for this joke of a game.

Hey Sheppy,

By the looks of your sig one could reasonably assume you turned your own game into a 'joke'? Looks like you've got everything texture wise turned as low as it'll go........you know the kind of dip**** gamer that turns every game into a joke only to venture onto forums to whine about it? :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well the players have certainly left the Hardcore/Realism servers.

i only get 3-4 servers under 100 ping and only 1 of them is somewhat populated. Exactly what i have feared has happened; people have moved over to the casual gamemodes.

I'm in los angeles too, so im not in the middle of no where.

Picture below:

Spoiler!

well this f***ing sucks.

Been playing the BF3 beta. Can't believe I paid money for this joke of a game.

Have you tried caspian border? Is it any good?

BF3 is certainly fun its just that Metro is horrible. Im not ready to pay for the game if all the maps are gonna be like that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BF3 in total is an annoying, crappy, buggy and laggy mess... It is no way an alternative to RO2... Caspian border is worse than metro, you get shot from random *** directions, there feels like there is no flow to the battle and it just annoys the **** out of me... Plus all the vehicles are crap as of now, the planes are way too sensitive, take off in 1 second on a runway and the helicopters are just flying targets for the jets so you can never survive for more than 2 secs in the air because jets pick you off... Even when i hop in a get i often get strafed by another jet and blow up before i even take off.

BF3 is a mess.

Reactions: Nimsky and Chane
Upvote 0
Im having problems enjoying this game tbh. I can play for maybe a hr tops then im just bored with the same thing. Im not sure how quite to describe it but the gameplay overall is just arrrgh. Its trying to be two differnt things at the same time to me and it just anit working. Why the hell coundnt they just make RO with a new engine and fix a few things? Why did they have to redesign the whole bloody thing, try and add this, this, this, this, yeah lets add this is well ffs. Its like they had all these ideas and just threw them all in a pot stirred the crap outta of it and whatever came out the end was RO2..

I mean serously something is wrong.. I played over 500hrs on RO1, yet with RO2 i doubt il even get to 50.....

I do feel the same. I played over 1500 hrs RO and loved the game. RO 2 is fun. But it's not the fun RO was. I am also struggling to name what exactly is the problem. Too many semis and autos is one thing that can be changed by server admins, I am sure it will be.
Many of the new features of RO 2 do sound awesome, but are not implemented 100% right!?
"Can't prone here" is an issue as well.
The cover system, which I had the highest hopes for is only halfway as good as expected. Why can I stick to corners, to use them as cover, yet, I leave about 20% of my side totally uncovered? Why is popping out of cover so quick?

I am sure that I will continue playing RO 2. But while I was able to play RO for 10 hours in a row, RO 2 excites me for maybe 2 and then I go playing sth else. Not a bad game, but it feels like an unfinished product. Again, I am not addressing the bugs with this. I know TWI will get that sorted sooner or later as in their former products...

Upvote 0
BF3 in total is an annoying, crappy, buggy and laggy mess... It is no way an alternative to RO2... Caspian border is worse than metro, you get shot from random *** directions, there feels like there is no flow to the battle and it just annoys the **** out of me... Plus all the vehicles are crap as of now, the planes are way too sensitive, take off in 1 second on a runway and the helicopters are just flying targets for the jets so you can never survive for more than 2 secs in the air because jets pick you off... Even when i hop in a get i often get strafed by another jet and blow up before i even take off.

BF3 is a mess.
Good thing you can form an objective opinion instead of spewing some epic trollage :D

Upvote 0
This is exactly what I thought, they tried catering to two VERY specific audiences, and both audiences were underwhelmed.

The product defines the audience. Else we would be playing tactical pacman.

Two entry level realism modes and the opportunity to mod and tailor in addition to planned DLC packages pretty much means the game defines an extremely large audience.

Am not particularly worried about the optimization issues as we all know computer capabilities double every 18 months. Top of the line becomes midline and midline base - the game remaining the same.

Some of you must remember upgrading to be able to play RO1?

My only real concern is how community maps and mods will be managed to qualify as ranked servers. Ranked should be more than vanilla, though any mode or map cannot be accepted for rank play.

Will be interesting to see how that issue is resolved - though mapping also need wait for top line computers becoming mainstream and the leveling coummunity able to do their thing.

Reactions: >F|R< Sarcinelli
Upvote 0
I can tell that 11 guys from my squad have the game but only 2 of them are actually "enjoying" it; these two did not play to RO1, of course.

For the others and me: we don't last 15 minutes... after that time we often disconnect "nauseated" or cursing the developers...

Bugs and bad performance are only a part of the problems: the real one is the gameplay.

Upvote 0
personally I was playing BF3 beta

And I've also grown tired of patching 3 gigs in what seems like once a week for fixes that don't fix anything.

I have limited bandwidth - I'll re patch when someone blows the "IT'S ALL FIXED" horn rather than continuously downloading patches that haven't fixed it

And as said previously. They tried to make the game something it wasn't. The CoD/BF people who tried it out are now moving on

And the vets don't like the new feel.

Reactions: >F|R< Sarcinelli
Upvote 0
population reached ~3,300

Right around my estimate of ~3,000; certainly didn't get close to 5,000 that some predicted.

It's starting to go down now, hard to tell if it's from people giving up again or if it's from the workweek.
Havent touched RO2 for about 2 weeks till BF3 beta ended, playing it a bit here and there now till the full release, maybe moar ppl are like me..

Upvote 0
Havent touched RO2 for about 2 weeks till BF3 beta ended, playing it a bit here and there now till the full release, maybe moar ppl are like me..

I've lost intrest in the game. I have tried to enjoy it for roughly 20h now but I simply can't. Mostly because of lockdown and players rushing for the objective, but other things aswell. I currently play arma 1 and ro 1 atm. If RO2 isn't fixed I will try to sell it or simply try to push TWI to give my money back so I can buy BF3. Then I have all the games I need.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually, I've seen more people online in the last few days, increasing since the patch. Last night, at about 1-2am GMT there were about 1700 people online, which is a pretty big increase because at that time last week there were about 1000-1250.

As for BF3, it doesn't seem to be as it will be much of a problem for RO, because many people, including myself, seem to be disapointed with it (and I don't say this in a BF and CoD are for kids, I say it because I was expecting a game very similar to BF2, and well, it's Bad Company 3).

Upvote 0