• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, hater's gonna hate Yoshiro's post, but he's right; the posters on these forums are a minority. Dislike it if you will, but it's true.

I know this is somewhat OT but it is relevant.

P&B ( Proctor & Gamble ), Huge company. They employ a division of people JUST to take calls and listen to peoples complaints because for them they classify that as "free marketing research" and they feel it is often MORE accurate then paid research.

Fancy that a bunch of complainers calling in to say what is wrong with stuff, and a company that actually prioritizes listening to them, not like P&B is hurting even in todays economy.

The point being most people ignore annoyances or just use a different product, the ones who take the time to come to you and complain often carry a lot of usefull information about what bugs general consumers. It may very well not bug them to the same extent as the one who complains.

Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe
Upvote 0
Of course we're the minority. We're going to be massively outnumbered now that they sold out and made a dumbed down product to please the mainstream kiddies. It's called mainstream for a reason.

Why would they make a game that caters only to a few hundred people when they're now a slightly larger company? That would be stupidity, and there is no money to be made there. Like I said, mods will fix most things you don't like about this game.

As a long time player of RO1, there are things I don't like about RO2, but I still think it's an awesome game, especially considering it's only been out for around a month.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While we are aware of most if not all the discussions going on about the game, we aren't ready to answer all of them just yet.

And so when do you think you'll be ready?

With amount of "prep time" happening, i expect nothing less than the likes of a 20 page dissertation.

Why would they make a game that caters only to a few hundred people when they're now a slightly larger company? That would be stupidity, and there is no money to be made there. Like I said, mods will fix most things you don't like about this game.

Catering to a large audience doesnt guarantee security either.

Look at homefront or brink.

But honestly, if you're gonna try to appeal to a larger audience at least try to do a good job at that. Hitting a peak of 9,500 players is not what i'd call successful when it comes to mass accessibility.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know this is somewhat OT but it is relevant.

P&B ( Proctor & Gamble ), Huge company. They employ a division of people JUST to take calls and listen to peoples complaints because for them they classify that as "free marketing research" and they feel it is often MORE accurate then paid research.

Fancy that a bunch of complainers calling in to say what is wrong with stuff, and a company that actually prioritizes listening to them, not like P&B is hurting even in todays economy.

The point being most people ignore annoyances or just use a different product, the ones who take the time to come to you and complain often carry a lot of usefull information about what bugs general consumers. It may very well not bug them to the same extent as the one who complains.

We are not ignoring it. We just aren't using it as the only point of contact and information from players. As Ramm pointed out in the previous thread, we've made changes based solely on the feedback from the forums before, and the backlash from new people signing up to tell us why they hated it now was larger then the original complaint supporters (which was fairly large).

We aren't being rash about any decision here. We want to make sure we have the widest amount of feedback on a subject before we start changing it.

Upvote 0
I dont see why it's even up for debate. Put in a mode with less automatics/semi-automatics and no fantasy weapons and then everyone will be happy, you don't have to force everyone to play the one game mode.

If you want more autos and mkb42 you play the original game mode if you want more bolts and no mkb42 you play the other game mode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont see why it's even up for debate. Put in a mode with less automatics/semi-automatics and no fantasy weapons and then everyone will be happy, you don't have to force everyone to play the one game mode. If you want more autos and mkb42 you play the original game mode if you want more bolts and no mkb42 you play the other game mode.

ding ding ding ding

we have a winner

Upvote 0
60k views could be 1 person refreshing 60k times, 10 people refreshing 6k times, 100 people refreshing 600 times, 6k people refreshing 10 times, or 60k people refreshing once (Warning, bad math may happen here. I am out of town at my best friends wedding, and very tired staying up tonight).

We are watching other forums talking about the game (not just this one), as well as watching the reaction and conversation by players in game as well. We find these just as valuable as our own forums.

Upvote 0
I dont see why it's even up for debate. Put in a mode with less automatics/semi-automatics and no fantasy weapons and then everyone will be happy, you don't have to force everyone to play the one game mode. If you want more autos and mkb42 you play the original game mode if you want more bolts and no mkb42 you play the other game mode.
Exactly. TWI prior to release was all about making the game fun for both veteran fans and new players. Well, they have certainly catered to the new players, but I don't see that same kind of attention to their loyal fanbase.

It shouldn't be up for debate at all. When you see that a reasonably sized chunk of your community is downright upset, you make efforts to please them -- even in a basic way. I've said it a thousand times before - if TWI bothered to talk to the community about what we want (or bothered to read threads from the past two years), they could easily release a "RO Classic" mutator in a patch that would be unranked, featuring all of the weapons and content (PPSH with full drum mag, bayonets, etc) present in RO1, with class/weapon ratios similar to the first game.

This would at least be a step towards showing that they still bother to listen to their community and respect the concerns of their loyal fans that MADE them successful in the first place.

Upvote 0
60k views could be 1 person refreshing 60k times, 10 people refreshing 6k times, 100 people refreshing 600 times, 6k people refreshing 10 times, or 60k people refreshing once (Warning, bad math may happen here. I am out of town at my best friends wedding, and very tired staying up tonight).

its an average of about 175-180 views per hour every hour for almost 2 weeks straight.

Also it's closing in on surpassing the Facts Thread for most views, and the Facts thread has been up for months.

So unless you don't think the facts thread was an important source of information that new and old members checked on a regular basis....I'd say 60,000 views is pretty significant.

Upvote 0
the part with conversations by players in game sounds scary.. u guys save all the messages? o_O

So basically, players in game having O-faces about TWI devs joining the game is valuable intel.

I've seen the public's reaction to TWI devs joining servers; they drop to their knees quicker than a girl on prom night.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
its an average of about 175-180 views per hour every hour for almost 2 weeks straight.

Also it's closing in on surpassing the Facts Thread for most views, and the Facts thread has been up for months.

So unless you don't think the facts thread was an important source of information that new and old members checked on a regular basis....I'd say 60,000 views is pretty significant.

I am not saying it isn't. I am pointing out it isn't the most reliable statistic to base that fact off of though. It is a hot topic issue with many of you, and you are repeatedly coming to the thread to find out what has been posted.

Upvote 0
So basically, players in game having O-faces about TWI devs joining the game is valuable intel.

I've seen the public's reaction to TWI devs joining servers; they drop to their knees quicker than a girl on prom night.

Ahh, so you know all of my 12 steam accounts? I'm impressed! If you link me to them all I'll buy you your game of choice on steam :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.