• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that simple. :cool:

(also, it's not based on time played, in case anyone was trying to skew it that way...)
It's based on leveling, correct? What will keep some of the 6 assault players from blindly choosing Mkb's even after the stats are fixed up once the general community has had the chance to unlock these weapons? THAT is the issue with the weapons, not the power of the weapons themselves - that there will simply be too many of them once people start having things unlocked.

And that's why we want an elite assault class - so that we can keep the same ratio of SMG users to bolts (and therefore the balance) while cutting down significantly on AVT and Mkb users (maybe 1 or 2 at most per 64-player match).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
FFS its not that difficult.. The hero class can only be one person on the server for each side..

To stop people with the fastest ping snapping it up basically everyone who has hero lvl gets to click it and simply rolls for it..

(Oh hold on .. lets not do this and sell it as DLC and disguise it as some Russian cheap caviar feck fest)

Upvote 0
I agree, it seems like being reasonable is a lost cause on this thread. Like I mentioned in my previous post I'd like to see bolts be a larger % also. But at this point this thread isn't about that. It's about crapping on the devs as much as possible and comparing them to war criminals and then expecting them to come in and apologize. lol.

Well first, they have deleted two long time supporting members and all of their posts have disappeared, and any mentioning of their names have disappeared as well...:mad: (LemoN and Bswearer)

Secondly, if you would only look at the hundreds of posts in the past from a trillion different threads stating that things can be turned off if people didn't like them, and then we get the game and its a massive mess with promised "rare" weapons being the norm, and server admins unable to turn it off for the sake of realism.

It's not that we're being whiny crying little kids, its that they PROMISED and compromised with the realism/historically accurate crowd that those weapons and unlocks could be turned off. As you can see, those were either hollow promises or they messed up, and either way, all that is wanted is a simple answer... But as you can tell, no answer so far, and in fact there's been nothing but mockery from Ramm himself saying that we're in the minority of 0.01%, and even if that is sarcasm, its very insulting to those that have helped TWI in the past with making RO:OST with the feed back that was given and promoting the game. I honestly am disgusted by the lack of respect to honest forum members that want to know what the hell happened... When you comment and say the stuff that you do and Ramm with his lame *** comment.

Edit: For those that are disgusted I suggest this http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BuggerMe
hat tip to Scarf ace who created it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's not that simple. :cool:

(also, it's not based on time played, in case anyone was trying to skew it that way...)
Then how about clarifying just how it isn't simple? You've got half the forum raging here, and it would be nice to know about the system in detail. Especially since we bought the game.

Regardless of bugs, the way things are right now gives us a good picture of how the game will eventually look down the road, after the stats are fixed. People are going to rank up, and within a few months, we'll be right back to this point anyway.

If there's something that will totally and utterly reverse this fact, then please share it with the community ... especially since much of it is quite pissed off at the moment, as you can obviously tell.

Upvote 0
There are more of them out there.
All my friends were interested in RO2 without being gamers with a preference for realism, but hearing/reading all the recent news about MKB stuff etc for all assault classes and all that other unlock crap, it has definitely turned them off. And i cant blame them, because i'm starting to lose interest fast too.
Same thing here.
Cant get them enthousiastic about it because there is no reason to it anymore.

Upvote 0
And still those people plus all the other people not liking it and/or complaining about it are 0,1% of the whole community according to Tripwire.

... :rolleyes:

That disturbed me when I read his quote the other day.

I still respect John (and the rest of TWI) and always have, since the RO mod days mainly because my personal stand on morals and protocols but labeling us as "0.01%" is a considerably low blow.

That really hurts public credibility.

Reactions: Verluste
Upvote 0
I am new to red orchestra, and i also agree not only with the op, but to many of you are saying.
I like the game, but it fealls like it could be so match better if tripwire focus on realism rather than became an average shooter of modern days.
I love to play with bolt rifles, but im getting tired of being the 0,01 minority of bolt actions soldiers in the server......

This.

The maps are so tiny and cramped that rifles have zero advantage over the SMGs and MKB.

Upvote 0
lol, well I think all the guys posting in the thread should definitely join that steam group to see how many disgusted folks are out there.

Because quite frankly, I read through some of the threads and I see the same names commenting repeatedly in many of them. How many are truly this upset? Judging from the posters I see stepping on TWI's sack constantly on these forums I'd go... ~200 maybe. And how many have bought the game? Vocal minority?

And before you call me a suck up, I agree that TWI has not delivered on some things, but they've got to figure out the performance problems and other game breakers before they truly address some of these concerns. I think people are leaving the game more often than not because it doesn't run well, not because its not historically accurate

As for the game... despite some design elements I don't agree with I'm having a blast. There is so much to love about it that the annoyances are minor to me. Personally, I don't see that the german assault rifle has changed the dynamics that much. Why didn't everyone complain about the STG in ROOST? (I know it's not historically accurate, I'm just wondering about the game balance complaints.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And before you call me a suck up, I agree that TWI has not delivered on some things, but they've got to figure out the performance problems and other game breakers before they truly address some of these concerns. I think people are leaving the game more often than not because it doesn't run well, not because its not historically accurate

I think many people respectively understand that part (myself included). The foundation and frame work to the game itself needs to be addressed first and foremost of which TWI is working on and I commend them every step of the way.

What concerns most folks I believe is what happens after that? Surely some unfortunate comments posted by TWI has hinted in little to no changes whatsoever in the coming future in accordance to many promises that were made, that is what people here are up in arms about.

I see no problem in having a strong desire for some thoughtful answers to long time Red Orchestra supporters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol, well I think all the guys posting in the thread should definitely join that steam group to see how many disgusted folks are out there.

Because quite frankly, I read through some of the threads and I see the same names commenting repeatedly in many of them. How many are truly this upset? Judging from the posters I see stepping on TWI's sack constantly on these forums I'd go... ~200 maybe. And how many have bought the game? Vocal minority?

As for the game... despite some design elements I don't agree with I'm having a blast. There is so much to love about it that the annoyances are minor to me. Personally, I don't see that the german assault rifle has changed the dynamics that much. Why didn't everyone complain about the STG in ROOST? (I know it's not historically accurate, I'm just wondering about the game balance complaints.)

how often did you see the STG44 in ROOST?
how many people typically had one per game?

Upvote 0
They removed their accounts? Why? :confused::confused:

They both were very adamant about calling out Ramm Jaeger ( John Gibson ) over the false advertising that went on for HOS. Both Lemon & Bswearer were invloved with previous TWI advertising, BSwearer went to ( Pax I think ) and wrote up a large review of the game, and Lemon was on a lot back when Bash & Slash was a regular online radio type show that the TWI guys went on to advertise the game.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.