• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramm-Jaeger is conspicuously absent from this thread; or any other developer for that matter...

I sincerely hope this is because they're deciding what to do about it (and are very very busy as it is - Ramm only got to install RO2 at home for the first time yesterday, to give you an idea how hard they have been working), not because they're ignoring it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-> The situation: One Hero per side: Casual unhappy. Full assault squad of MKB42h: Realism angry. Slow computer: You have nothing cool to play with.

Can't understand why they get rid of the Hero class. Just add a hero class-relative and make it available only with the commission system (select a random/good ranked player at the start of the game, then switch to another good one when a new round is started).

So everybody will have access to it one day or another and BF2 kiddies will be happy, they will grind in and play even more well the game to become the Hero they want to be and distinguish themselves from the others (humans love that !). Don't forget to make them visually outstanding (you promised that to us, some time ago).

-> And the most important: This game will finally have it's true Heroes feelings <-

Note: Make the Commission system open up hero class slightly progressively can stop the "run to the slot" syndrome at the start of the game. Slow computers will have a chance now !

-----------------------------------
* Little example of the slots, all the hero class are distributed at the game start via commissions:

2/3+ assault: MP40.
1 hero assault class: 1 MKB42 h.

2+ elite rifleman class: G41.
1 hero rifleman classs: a hero rifle.

2/3 machine gunner class: 3 MG34.
1 hero machine-gunner class: 1 MG42.
-----------------------------------------

And maybe next add officer/SL heroes... No forcedly with new weapons (I don't think they should have new weapons), but well: free content or cosmetics dlc like faces, clothes, caps, etc...

Yes it will have the Ranking problem, people who had unlocked the weapons will be pissed of. So, limit the commission access to theses people only, problem solved !
(anyway, in the actual game, people who aren't unlocked those weapons will not have them, now way they are unhappy).

I find this myself very cool . What tripwire think of this design ? Yes it's not perfect, people can be pissed of between round for example (just need a bit of tweaking).
But isn't it a good and viable idea that make realism people and i wannabe hero one happy?
In find this better than fill up the entire assault squad with MKB42H.

Sorry for my not perfect english :)

PS: If some heroes class haven't any heroes weapons, the thing is to fill them with regular weapons but keeping the outstanding visual (clothes, dirty, etc) until you have some new toys for them ! But in order to make everyone happy, no only heroes have outstanding visual; other high ranker regular classes too. Just make them have a "special touch", the thing that make the casual/standard player to want to be hero.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Call Of Red Orchestra - YouTube

i can play this game like call of duty with this weapon. ridiculous.

And that has nothing to do with this weapons.

You could very well be carrying G41 to the same effect.
It has much more to to with map size and the general pace of the game.

Maps are very small.
Nicely colored and with some good details, but ridiculously small sized.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hesgad
Upvote 0
The weapon acces of certain classes really is odd to me. In a partially filled server people will always take the things like Squad leader, commander, elite rifleman and assault the first. which means that until the server is filled you see an even bigger percentage of the players using a class other than the standard rifleman class.

What I would like to see is a more dynamic class unlock system, where you first need to fill 4 rifleman+squad leader to gain acces to the first slot of the assault class. Other classes could use similar restrictions.

The MkB42 and the AVT-40 should in my opinion be moved to a seperate class called Elite Assault or something similar and it would only unlock with battlefield comissions. Those battlefield commisions would happen randomly during battle, but never more than twice.

Upvote 0
Definitely better now than before the patch.

I just want (prefer) to see a server setting that eliminates them with an accompanying browser filter that the players can use to filter out servers with hero weapons.

Also if possible, eliminate the Mkb at least from the summer and fall maps because it wasn't available period (if I'm correct).

Mostly the server and filter settings though please :D

Reactions: Mafiozo
Upvote 0
I sincerely hope this is because they're deciding what to do about it (and are very very busy as it is - Ramm only got to install RO2 at home for the first time yesterday, to give you an idea how hard they have been working), not because they're ignoring it.

Actually they are ignoring it. They are posting in all other threads, except this one.

Reactions: V.Medvedev
Upvote 0
I share the concerns about the huge amount of automatic weapons, but I think you guys need to give TWI a break and some time.

Once the DDE craze is over then can limit the amount of MKB's/AVT's even more. Once the SDK is out modded servers will offer a more RO1'ish gameplay environment.

They're doing the best they can, they're not trying to **** over their loyal fans on purpose, I'm sure they appreciate all the support you've given them over the years.

Just take a break or play some Ostfront instead. Wait for things to settle down, for the new players to get acquainted with the game, for TWI to finish working on the technical bugs and start focusing more on gameplay balancing.

Things can only get better from now on.

Upvote 0
I think they couldn't give a crap, I remember in RO forums TWI was in all the time explaining things. What is funny its not the new guys that have the complaints, it actually a lot of the ro players that have most of the complaints the ones that has tireless promoted Ro2 to their friends and colleagues.

But that their right as developers, its their game. Am I unhappy at their choices, in many respects I am. No different then apple not putting in voice rec in the first iphone. I bought the game and its everyone right as a consumer to express how they feel. And every right as a creator/developer to ignore that view.

But at the end of the day we do not owe tripwire and they do not owe us. But my opinion I still state they don't care.

Upvote 0
Are you kidding me?

Seriously, I think TWI has seen the $$$ to be made by catering to a particular crowd. And this has clearly made them forget all about promises, hints and comments made in the past.

Yes, they could have announced this before release, rather than borderline scamming people into getting the game, who thought these weapons would be for heroes only.

Man, how disappointing that Ramm just 'changed his mind' and not bothering to tell us, while he was buttering us up with saying the weapon would be limited at first.

Their silence on this matter just butters my biscuits.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.