• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was playing on a Firefight server yesterday, which actually rather excited me because it's easy to get tired of playing Territory all the time and dying in the same places over and over again on the same maps.

Then I suddenly realized one reason why people probably don't like Firefight -- it's an Mkb42 fest. Seriously. 90% of the German team every single round had nothing but Mkb42s and, not only was it totally lulzy in terms of realism/historical accuracy, but the Russians hardly stood a chance.

Reactions: Apos
Upvote 0
One thing you can do is always pick German assault and choose the MP40. That's one less MKB in the mix. :)

And a big one is coming according to Yoshiro:
4. Server option to make Prototypes Hero only.

The first point only works until the mp40 gets levelled to the equally ridiculous mp40 II.

Point 4 is a move in the right direction but there needs to be a server option to completely disable the prototype weapons.

Upvote 0
Given that Ostfront used STG44's in a similar amount (or more) I'm quite surprised at the outcry. There weren't any 100 page threads in Ostfront with tons of people in an uproar over having "too many assault rifles" in Danzig and similar maps.

From what I have gathered the outcry isn't the weapon its self.I loved OST and its weapons later war maps had plenty of stg-44's which was fine.Early maps like Stalingradkessel only had MP-40/41's.So for true fans like myself its not the weapon itself its the availability of it in stalingrad.Sure it was around in 42 but not in more numbers as the mp-40 as seen in HoS.I hated seeing the Elite rifleman go that I seen in early demos.This would have fixed the amount of mkb-42's compared to the MP-40 bringing it to more realistic number.

The outcry is the amount of mkb's vs MP-40 not the gun itself it was a fine weapon in RL and you guys did a great job representing it.Many would just like to see more mp40's for historical realism instead of every assault class having a mkb.

Its my opinion TWI have done a great job with this game I love it! and this is just one of my minor gripes.You guys have spoiled many of us with the amount of historical realism over the years :) and I think that's why the outcry has been so big.

Reactions: Teufel Hund
Upvote 0
I'm sorry, but reality won't magically change depending on your perception of what it ought to be :/ Should you leave out the, by WW2-standards, ultra-modern Panther tank just because it doesn't "feel" like a WW2-tank?

(not saying that the MkB42 at Stalingrad is "reality", but the StG as a common weapon during 1944-1945 was)
:confused:
Dude, what are you on about? I was agreeing to a post that was made in response to someone calling the StG the most iconic weapon of ww2.
Geez. What's up with the snapping turtles in here?

EDIT: Just reread the post and saw it was about the mp44. My bad and you're right about chastising me.
In my defense I'm sick with the flu and rambling :D
(But I still don't fancy the StG though. But that's preference for you)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The first point only works until the mp40 gets levelled to the equally ridiculous mp40 II.

Point 4 is a move in the right direction but there needs to be a server option to completely disable the prototype weapons.

Yoshiro said there would be.

Admins will be able to set the max number of Heroes including 0.

MKB gone :)

Personally, I think having prototypes for heroes only, 1 max per team would be just fine. It would make seeing them a very rare occasion.

Upvote 0
But I still don't get it. With different game modes relaxed/realism they could please everyone. Now they attract some casual gamers, but loose the players, which like realism and destroy their core fanbase.

while also no less, giving us the message that we're just a non important segment of the market that they are no longer catering too.

I know, too me as well it highly resembles looking at a flock of ducks and then firing both barrels into your feet.

Reactions: nebsif and Rumo
Upvote 0
while also no less, giving us the message that we're just a non important segment of the market that they are no longer catering too.

I know, too me as well it highly resembles looking at a flock of ducks and then firing both barrels into your feet.

It's better to have a duck in your hand than 10 in the sky, but it seems TWI stood on the back of their own duck to reach the other ones, the same duck they have been feeding grain designed just for it but now started to feed normal grain, when the duck started to complain they shot it, a few of those other ducks came to eat from the grain because there wasn't any better at the time, but soon big budget grain will come out and those ducks will fly away again, leaving TWI with a few ducks that prefer their grain and that one dead duck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ahh yes the stages of game problem reactions.

First there is denial, then anger, then some semblance of acceptance and the attitude to just play another game, then comes the stage known as curmudgeon. Which is oft acquianted with lots of F*CK a duck puns/jokes/and analogies.

While I do like your duck based analogy Crusher, I do have one serious bit to add.

The more that I play this game and chat with people ingame, the more it makes me smirk when I see random players ingame who never played Ost question how realistic this game is while playing the game.

Why so few riflemen

Why so many MKB42's

too easy to aim/ no sway.

assorted hero related Q's ( when do I get the unique hero class )

Makes me smile to think what the % chances are of meeting another hidden member of the .01% .......

Upvote 0
Ahh yes the stages of game problem reactions.

First there is denial, then anger, then some semblance of acceptance and the attitude to just play another game, then comes the stage known as curmudgeon. Which is oft acquianted with lots of F*CK a duck puns/jokes/and analogies.

While I do like your duck based analogy Crusher, I do have one serious bit to add.

The more that I play this game and chat with people ingame, the more it makes me smirk when I see random players ingame who never played Ost question how realistic this game is while playing the game.

Why so few riflemen

Why so many MKB42's

too easy to aim/ no sway.

assorted hero related Q's ( when do I get the unique hero class )

Makes me smile to think what the % chances are of meeting another hidden member of the .01% .......
This is very true. Almost every server I enter these days is packed with people complaining about the game -- everything from bugs, to design problems, and especially too many automatic weapons, or complaining about the mkb42. Lag is also a major topic of complaining.

And these are the people that ARE playing the game! Even a good chunk of them are frustrated, and yet they put themselves through playing it anyway. Sounds like more than 0.1% of the community if you ask me.

Reactions: Kashash
Upvote 0
This is very true. Almost every server I enter these days is packed with people complaining about the game -- everything from bugs, to design problems, and especially too many automatic weapons, or complaining about the mkb42. Lag is also a major topic of complaining.

And these are the people that ARE playing the game! Even a good chunk of them are frustrated, and yet they put themselves through playing it anyway. Sounds like more than 0.1% of the community if you ask me.

as I've said elsewhere.

Playing Hos follows this pattern 4 minutes of great gameplay, 1 minute of wanting to curse a blue streak to the moon and pull some hair out of my skull, then 4 minutes of great gameplay.... etc. And so it continues.

The difference is that while Hos was a great shock at first, I think many people are becoming accustomed too it and finding that the learning curve of movement and shooting is kneecapped, then chopped in half. There's not far to go before your doing it damn good.

Reactions: Omar The Insurgent
Upvote 0
I don't play this game anymore and I doubt I'll ever touch it again. TWI lead me down. No answers about intentions to fix the realism mode after 1000 posts of this thread which is the final manifestation of how dissapointed people are beacuse of the design and how significant is our vote.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The difference is that while Hos was a great shock at first, I think many people are becoming accustomed too it and finding that the learning curve of movement and shooting is kneecapped, then chopped in half. There's not far to go before your doing it damn good.
Which also makes it boring. I never feel like I can master ROOST, which keeps me coming back trying to improve. I don't get that feeling in HOS, it's more of a "meh, I'll relax and game a little" feeling, much more casual and less engrossing. I don't think such a mentality is good for market longevity.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.