• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still have a shimmer of hope burning inside of me that though the damage is done, they will still get this game close to what we wanted and were promised eventually (well, "hopefully" to be more forward).

Please TWI, as a player and supporter for the past 5-6 years... don't throw us away in the thrash buried beneath treasured memories of Red Orchestra's past.

Upvote 0
Still have a shimmer of hope burning inside of me that though the damage is done, they will still get this game close to what we wanted and were promised eventually (well, "hopefully" to be more forward).

Please TWI, as a player and supporter for the past 5-6 years... don't throw us away in the thrash buried beneath treasured memories of Red Orchestra's past.

rarely have i seen any company turn away from their current direction and half way though go back.

got on late in RO1 never really saw the glory days of it but loved it all the same, thought RO2 would be a continuation of RO1. i was wrong, and now i got this game that i can barely stand to play for more then 30 mins.

between bugs, and horrible server lag (basicly engine problems) i can barely have any fun at all. some things i think will change for the better, but i think the lag and poor performace/optimization is here to stay due to their engine as its not really meant for large maps and 64 players.

Upvote 0
rarely have i seen any company turn away from their current direction and half way though go back.

got on late in RO1 never really saw the glory days of it but loved it all the same, thought RO2 would be a continuation of RO1. i was wrong, and now i got this game that i can barely stand to play for more then 30 mins.

between bugs, and horrible server lag (basicly engine problems) i can barely have any fun at all. some things i think will change for the better, but i think the lag and poor performace/optimization is here to stay due to their engine as its not really meant for large maps and 64 players.

I believe it's going to be the Mods that will save this game. Its a shame to see where they came from and to see now the direction they have taken.

Upvote 0
+:IS2: for you, good sir.

And to make a referrence to an older post:

I can't over state this. Right now alot of you new guys on the forums probably see old timers like myself only as bitter critics who seemingly have nothing better to do with their time than bash RO2 and complain about TWI. I honestly don't think you would believe me if I said that as recently as May of this year, I was a 100% Tripwire-approved radical RO2 fanboy. You couldn't get a more supportive fan than me -- I defended TWI like they were the sons of Gods all over the internet, spreading the good word of RO2. (and :IS2: of course).

That said, just because I was a rabid fan didn't make me a blind follower. The decisions I have seen TWI make towards the game and the community over the last few months have given me reason to gradually reverse my previous position, which let me tell you, is a pretty dramatic thing to do when you've spent 5 years of your life on this forum doing the opposite. It's incredibly hard to look forward to a game SO long, support the devs in every way, only to see that your feedback and dedication have gone largely unnoticed.

I only ask that you new guys keep all of that in mind before you judge our posts -- there is much more to them (and us) than meets the eye. It's important to recognize that this backlash has been part of a long process, and that it has been completely avoidable! We gave TWI a loud-and-clear warning back in July (and much sooner) of what would happen if the game progressed in the direction we thought it was going. Now that it has gone in that direction, here we are.

+ another 1. I not only told people about it and recommended it (RO), I actually bought additional copies for each of my kids, so that we could all go online and play it together. Even my kids enjoyed the realism, and much preferred it to COD until it just got to be so dated graphically and the servers so empty (natural with games so old) that they got bored with it. So, please, don't tell me I hate TWI, slag on them, etc. I slag on them for what they've done to this game, and what they've become in the past several months.

A small, niche develper cannot AFFORD to flip the bird to its base ... they are GOING to realize this after those "other" two games are released ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Stahlgeist
Upvote 0
Maybe the lack of answers is an answer by itself :(

Im not sure that a simple answer on this thread is going to be any use.. As one answer simply leads to a 1000 other questions as its dissected and examined..

However what is concerning is that there is no news on the patch and a total lack of communication about anything important.. Plenty of time to post links about reviews though;)

Upvote 0
+:IS2: for you, good sir.

And to make a referrence to an older post:

I can't over state this. Right now alot of you new guys on the forums probably see old timers like myself only as bitter critics who seemingly have nothing better to do with their time than bash RO2 and complain about TWI. I honestly don't think you would believe me if I said that as recently as May of this year, I was a 100% Tripwire-approved radical RO2 fanboy. You couldn't get a more supportive fan than me -- I defended TWI like they were the sons of Gods all over the internet, spreading the good word of RO2. (and :IS2: of course).

That said, just because I was a rabid fan didn't make me a blind follower. The decisions I have seen TWI make towards the game and the community over the last few months have given me reason to gradually reverse my previous position, which let me tell you, is a pretty dramatic thing to do when you've spent 5 years of your life on this forum doing the opposite. It's incredibly hard to look forward to a game SO long, support the devs in every way, only to see that your feedback and dedication have gone largely unnoticed.

I only ask that you new guys keep all of that in mind before you judge our posts -- there is much more to them (and us) than meets the eye. It's important to recognize that this backlash has been part of a long process, and that it has been completely avoidable! We gave TWI a loud-and-clear warning back in July (and much sooner) of what would happen if the game progressed in the direction we thought it was going. Now that it has gone in that direction, here we are.

Thats true.

If you didnt have faith or sense of liking for the game, you wouldnt waste time typing stuff out on the forums.

I bought BRINK, it failed, i didnt give a s***. Never once did type up text wall of recommendations for that game.

RO is different i want it to succeed, and in fact spent a lot of type trying to make that happen; including advertising for this game....

Upvote 0
So, Ramm's last visit to the forum was 9-24, more than a week ago. What's going on at TWI? Will we get an answer soon?

LOL are you kidding?! have you looked at the forums. Its nothing but all the stuff we are saying over and over. I'd avoid the forums too if my entire community detested my work for the past some odd years.

John really doesnt need to be the one to read all these posts either. He has a team to read all this stuff. And for goodness sake... most of the time when he does come on here and comment it just stirs up for fuel for the fires.
Their PR department needs to keep him as far away from the forums as possible IMO........ Wait...did I just say PR *Runs to see what version of Project Reality has been released*

Reactions: Leo4444
Upvote 0
Wait...did I just say PR *Runs to see what version of Project Reality has been released*
If you mention PR (a BF2 mod), it has some 500th people playing daily, a number that didnt change much after BF3 was released. Even more suprising is the fact that more people (still) play BC2, while the playar count in RO2 dropped from 4k to like 2.8k peak and thats just a month after release.

Like many dude's said pre-release, whom I didnt believe, the casual dudes will stick to the trully casual, fun and arcade games, while the realism and/or teamwork gents will be put off by the unrealistic/"COD" thingies.
Instead of being both fun and realistic, RO2 is neither for me.. beta was pretty good tho, guess why?

Upvote 0
LOL are you kidding?! have you looked at the forums. Its nothing but all the stuff we are saying over and over. I'd avoid the forums too if my entire community detested my work for the past some odd years.

John really doesnt need to be the one to read all these posts either. He has a team to read all this stuff. And for goodness sake... most of the time when he does come on here and comment it just stirs up for fuel for the fires.
Their PR department needs to keep him as far away from the forums as possible IMO........ Wait...did I just say PR *Runs to see what version of Project Reality has been released*
For the sake of feedback, the TWI crew must read the forums. Doesnt matter if people detest your work in my opinion.
The PR department is kindof lacking behind with reality.

Upvote 0
I think TWI needs to send their PR department on some course on communication. They do need it.

EDIT:

And this forum is such a mess, i dont think any mods or admin have any plans at all of it. Its jst bunch of rubble, a more organized forum would help alot. Both for the public and for the staff of TWI, atleast for those who uses it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirtybandit
Upvote 0
I would apply for a PR job at Tripwire. I am a journalist (economy) and also writer for a german games magazin (freelancer) :p.

'......but...but...the Germans are steam rolling the T-34s with their impenetrable Panzer IV's and they are completely over-running the Russian infantry with their endless supply of MKb42 assault rifles!'

Everything is in order.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.