• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BF3 beta must have some sort of mandatory tutorial for mature behavior that really hangs around in your brains when you close BF3 down to browse the TWI forums.

I think it's more likemy that the immature people people just tend to like that game better, so they they stop coming here.

Upvote 0
:D

2 of my posts deleted? They were neither offensive nor out of line, one actually asked people to be diplomatic and sensible with the topic and their choice of words when it started to get ugly...

But oh well...sometimes seems to hit the wrong people just like war.
Maybe entire pages were deleted...I mean some days ago I was away for a bit.:confused:

Still thanks Yoshiro for commenting and yes take your time as long as the issue will be addressed.

Upvote 0
Yes we need some changes in this regard. Gameplay is a joke even on realism servers imho. Authenticity is completely gone and the RO feeling is fading too.
I cannot explain the change of minds from the devs. It makes no sense to me.

If you had told the dev's at the end of the UT2k4 mnod that they should add features that this game boasts they would have laughed at you. Saying that they should add a prototype MP40 because it has double mags for more ammo and quick reloads, adding optics to assault weapons, adding a stat system that encourages you to focus less on teamwork and team-points and more on individual progression, scaling down map sizes and scaling up player count, letting the player run around with an upgraded machine gun that is taken off the back of an airplane!!... they would have laughed in your face.

Tripwire used to have alot of respect from their community... One of many reason is they didn't cut (many) corners at the risk of losing authenticity. That's why the community liked them. They went the opposite dirrection that many of the mainstream shooters went. Now much of that community has lost that respect and confidence and the new fanbase is taking off because the game isnt arcady enough or the game is too buggy for them (Not sure if TWI got the memo... but many of the players coming from big games like MW, BC, BF, ect don't have much exposure or tolerance to games that flat out breaking when they start it up on launch day). TWI should be a bit more thankful and open to suggestion that their community gives because many of the hardcore old RO players, tho pissed off at much of what was delivered to them will stick around longer than these newer players (even tho i know many in my clan and many in clans i spend time with are flat out not playing... even on a weekly basis). Old players actually care and want to see the game become better while these other new players (Many of which) do not care as much and will go on and buy a game that will work out of the box.

Wait til the bugs are fixed? We've been trying to get TWI's attention about this "crap" for two years...

Lol isn't that the truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you had told the dev's at the end of the UT2k4 mnod that they should add features that this game boasts they would have laughed at you. Saying that they should add a prototype MP40 because it has double mags for more ammo and quick reloads, adding optics to assault weapons, adding a stat system that encourages you to focus less on teamwork and team-points and more on individual progression, scaling down map sizes and scaling up player count, letting the player run around with an upgraded machine gun that is taken off the back of an airplane!!... they would have laughed in your face.

Tripwire used to have alot of respect from their community... One of many reason is they didn't cut (many) corners at the risk of losing authenticity. That's why the community liked them. They went the opposite dirrection that many of the mainstream shooters went. Now much of that community has lost that respect and confidence and the new fanbase is taking off because the game isnt arcady enough or the game is too buggy for them (Not sure if TWI got the memo... but many of the players coming from big games like MW, BC, BF, ect don't have much exposure or tolerance to games that flat out breaking when they start it up on launch day). TWI should be a bit more thankful and open to suggestion that their community gives because many of the hardcore old RO players, tho pissed off at much of what was delivered to them will stick around longer than these newer players (even tho i know many in my clan and many in clans i spend time with are flat out not playing... even on a weekly basis). Old players actually care and want to see the game become better while these other new players (Many of which) do not care as much and will go on and buy a game that will work out of the box.

Lol isn't that the truth.
+:IS2: for you, good sir.

And to make a referrence to an older post:

Heh, a lot of you new faces around here may only see posters like myself as critics, but if you had been around the forum in better times, most of us, and myself included, where tireless defenders of TWI for many many years, and hell only knows how many copies of this game, aswell as Ost and KF, we helped sell by constantly promoting the game(s) and the company behind them everywhere we went. Funny how things can change huh? Funny and really quite depressing..
I can't over state this. Right now alot of you new guys on the forums probably see old timers like myself only as bitter critics who seemingly have nothing better to do with their time than bash RO2 and complain about TWI. I honestly don't think you would believe me if I said that as recently as May of this year, I was a 100% Tripwire-approved radical RO2 fanboy. You couldn't get a more supportive fan than me -- I defended TWI like they were the sons of Gods all over the internet, spreading the good word of RO2. (and :IS2: of course).

That said, just because I was a rabid fan didn't make me a blind follower. The decisions I have seen TWI make towards the game and the community over the last few months have given me reason to gradually reverse my previous position, which let me tell you, is a pretty dramatic thing to do when you've spent 5 years of your life on this forum doing the opposite. It's incredibly hard to look forward to a game SO long, support the devs in every way, only to see that your feedback and dedication have gone largely unnoticed.

I only ask that you new guys keep all of that in mind before you judge our posts -- there is much more to them (and us) than meets the eye. It's important to recognize that this backlash has been part of a long process, and that it has been completely avoidable! We gave TWI a loud-and-clear warning back in July (and much sooner) of what would happen if the game progressed in the direction we thought it was going. Now that it has gone in that direction, here we are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good point. Most likely, it is the old veterans who will stick around thru the bugs and the patches while many of the new players will tire and bolt? (hahaha) and run because of their lack of patience.

Got done playing a few rounds where I wasn't killed once by someone with a bolt other than a sniper. All semi's and auto's and maybe an smg or two. I swear I was the only one with a bolt.

There is FF and Relaxed Realism and with them, plenty of room for the players to run and play with their hero weapons. Give the rest of us a proper setting to continue to play the game!

Upvote 0
I can't over state this. Right now alot of you new guys on the forums probably see old timers like myself only as bitter critics who seemingly have nothing better to do with their time than bash RO2 and complain about TWI. I honestly don't think you would believe me if I said that as recently as May of this year, I was a 100% Tripwire-approved radical RO2 fanboy. You couldn't get a more supportive fan than me -- I defended TWI like they were the sons of Gods all over the internet, spreading the good word of RO2. (and :IS2: of course).

That said, just because I was a rabid fan didn't me a blind follower. The decisions I have seen TWI make towards the game and the community over the last few months have given me reason to gradually reverse my previous position, which let me tell you, is a pretty dramatic thing to do when you've spent 5 years of your life on this forum doing the opposite. It's incredibly hard to look forward to a game SO long, support the devs in every way, only to see that your feedback and dedication have gone largely unnoticed.

I only ask that you new guys keep all of that in mind before you judge our posts -- there is much more to them (and us) than meets the eye. It's important to recognize that this backlash has been part of a long process, and that it has been completely avoidable! We gave TWI a loud-and-clear warning back in July (and much sooner) of what would happen if the game progressed in the direction we thought it was going. Now that it has gone in that direction, here we are.

100% agree
I used to show off with pride the mod, RO1 and when i heard about RO2 I was very excited. But the more i saw in beta the more worried i had become. They are in an awkward middle ground right now and they need to decide what direction they want to go.

Reactions: Moyako
Upvote 0
The more i play, less i enjoy it. It feels it has nothing to give in terms of gameplay.
Im not talking about stats, but actualy teamplay and game play, as every ppl has their mkbs and semi autos and bolt action are actualy 30 %, it drives the player to be more selfish and rambo style, doing the crap run and game play that i despise... Even if i liked this type of gameplay, i surely move out to other games, since hit reg at close ranges are so F**King disgusting.
Sorry, but i have to \Unistal, ill try again in a couple of weeks, if you make realy changes.
Bye

Upvote 0
The more i play, less i enjoy it. It feels it has nothing to give in terms of gameplay.
Im not talking about stats, but actualy teamplay and game play, as every ppl has their mkbs and semi autos and bolt action are actualy 30 %, it drives the player to be more selfish and rambo style, doing the crap run and game play that i despise... Even if i liked this type of gameplay, i surely move out to other games, since hit reg at close ranges are so F**King disgusting.
Bye
Agreed. I could argue that TWI has unintentionally (or maybe intentionally?) gone away from teamplay and team work. That's probably the core of many of these issues... Weapon loadouts, map layouts, ect

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.