• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1000

Possibly make the assault rifle more awkward from the prone position, reflecting that great big long mag hitting the ground

As an ex-soldier I can say that the magazine would allow you to rest the weapon for a more stable firing position when prone (you're not meant to becasue you can get mud/crap on the magazine but most people do)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't played in a couple days.

and I don't want to hear the "TWI is fixing it" bull****.

Yeah...they "fixed" it yesterday when they took the rifle from EVERY class and only gave it to assault.

Not sure how you give them a pass to "fix" features that were supposed to be in the game but were missing or features in the game that are the opposite of what was advertised.

This is more like "finishing", not "fixing" the game.

For a weapon with dubious evidence towards it's use in staligrad, there sure are a **** ton of them.

Upvote 0
"3) Weapon/role limiting is something we've got in the works and will be coming out as part of our clan support update in the coming weeks. The plan was to make weapon limiting only for unranked servers, but if there are certain configurations that a lot of players want we can look at whitelisting those."

This would be EXCELLENT if weapon limiting was implemented in ranked servers. Combined with the ability to add/remove upgrades earned, that would pretty much solve any problems. Better yet--make the limited loadouts default, but allow those hungering for Mkb/AVT glory to create their own servers with crazy role distributions.

Upvote 0
I haven't played in a couple days.

and I don't want to hear the "TWI is fixing it" bull****.

Yeah...they "fixed" it yesterday when they took the rifle from EVERY class and only gave it to assault.

Not sure how you give them a pass to "fix" features that were supposed to be in the game but were missing or features in the game that are the opposite of what was advertised.

This is more like "finishing", not "fixing" the game.

For a weapon with dubious evidence towards it's use in staligrad, there sure are a **** ton of them.
Agree x1000

Upvote 0
I don't know what made them take this decision when they probably knew their entire fanbase would hate it, unless they are trying to replace their old fanbase for a new one. I don't mean to insult, but we've been lied to.

I do.

The new crowd TWI loves so much.

Wouldn't want to miss out on sales, because of the swat rifle is being rare.

I guess you missed his post today?

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=64600

Or perhaps I missed where it was specifically mentioned the Mkb and AVT would be limited only to Hero units?

At the very least, hold off judgment until the limits are set properly to the developer's intention. If this still isn't good enough,

That's from the server admin mailinglist. Not sure if that got posted on the forums, but there ya go.

Well, the OP has a post in which it's strongly hinted.

Also, I can't find any thread about set up whitelisting anywhere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey at least the AVT-40 is practically useless unless you switch it to semi auto and use it exactly like a SVT. No wait, that just makes the Germans even more overpowered.

yeah i have no idea why they even talk about avt as special weapon when you cant use it other than the ordinary svt :)

in reality the stg 44 has an huge recoil when fired in full auto, its like they changed the recoil from one to another.

Upvote 0
Yes we need some changes in this regard. Gameplay is a joke even on realism servers imho. Authenticity is completely gone and the RO feeling is fading too.
I cannot explain the change of minds from the devs. It makes no sense to me.

Maybe Tripwire will get it right with RO3...if they don't go bankrupt first...

Upvote 0
I have to voice my concerns on this.
So far i have been very supportive of RO2, despite the fact there are many things i didnt particularly like, like the stat system, unlocks, english voices etc.
However, all of those things were negligable to me and have come to accept.
But what happened with the MKB and AVT is just beyond FUBAR, even after the patch that took them away from classes other than assault.

There are still so many of them!
I was playing on our server just now, and STILL half the German team was walking around with the MKB, and it has COMPLETELY replaced the MP40, of which i saw only ONE as opposed to 6 'official' MKB's and several other people which picked it up from the ground.
And i simply can't wait to see what happens when the Soviet side is able to use enemy weaponry, because then we will have 12 (!!!!) of the damn things.

It has become such an eyesore i feel the urge to teamkill every teammate i see that has it, and i despise teamkillers.
These weapons first of all NEVER should have been a DDE unlock, next to that it should NEVER have been made available to all assault troops.
Indeed, what happened to the Heroes? What the hell is this?
What should have been a RARE sight now turned into a "Oh god, not another one of those" scenario.

I already thought RO2 had too many semi and fully automatic weapons as opposed to the amount of rifles, but this is the drop that makes the bucket spill over.
And indeed, TWI is now in between a rock and a hard place, because reducing the amount of this 'tacticool' weapon will make the kiddies that bought the DDE cry.
Seriously, if this is how it is going to be from now on i dont know if i will care enough to stick around. I was liking RO2 up till now, but this is ridiculous.

Upvote 0
RO2 is like windows, when its released there are alot of concerns and questionable choices made by the developpers but after a year its quite good. I would like to see a year into the future to see how RO2 has developped over time, because this is TWI, I agree they're making questionable decisions that seem to contradict what they said in the past and every patch they release breaks something else. But over time the game wil the way we wanted, well at least I hope it will be the case. It's better to wait and see, maybe we should all go back play RO1 for a year, then come back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have to voice my concerns on this.
So far i have been very supportive of RO2, despite the fact there are many things i didnt particularly like, like the stat system, unlocks, english voices etc.
However, all of those things were negligable to me and have come to accept.
But what happened with the MKB and AVT is just beyond FUBAR, even after the patch that took them away from classes other than assault.

There are still so many of them!
I was playing on our server just now, and STILL half the German team was walking around with the MKB, and it has COMPLETELY replaced the MP40, of which i saw only ONE as opposed to 6 'official' MKB's and several other people which picked it up from the ground.
And i simply can't wait to see what happens when the Soviet side is able to use enemy weaponry, because then we will have 12 (!!!!) of the damn things.

It has become such an eyesore i feel the urge to teamkill every teammate i see that has it, and i despise teamkillers.
These weapons first of all NEVER should have been a DDE unlock, next to that it should NEVER have been made available to all assault troops.
Indeed, what happened to the Heroes? What the hell is this?
What should have been a RARE sight now turned into a "Oh god, not another one of those" scenario.

I already thought RO2 had too many semi and fully automatic weapons as opposed to the amount of rifles, but this is the drop that makes the bucket spill over.
And indeed, TWI is now in between a rock and a hard place, because reducing the amount of this 'tacticool' weapon will make the kiddies that bought the DDE cry.
Seriously, if this is how it is going to be from now on i dont know if i will care enough to stick around. I was liking RO2 up till now, but this is ridiculous.

I feel the same sadly. Praised the game to many and bought 4 copies for myself and friends. Somehow I can still select the MkB even as commander or SL so I am not sure if that patch was released. Maybe it is not that dominant as I first thought but it killed much of the atmosphere for me.
People either smile or wait desperately for a change or options at least on realism servers I play.

Upvote 0
It says it all when my 8 year old son can run around with an mkb or mp40 killing people with ease.
When he plays like Daddy plays [bolts all the way] he is lucky to get 1 kill.
When an 8 year old says its easy with certain weapons it says it all really.

note : he rarely plays war games but today i make an exception to see how he got on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I feel the same sadly. Praised the game to many and bought 4 copies for myself and friends. Somehow I can still select the MkB even as commander or SL so I am not sure if that patch was released. Maybe it is not that dominant as I first thought but it killed much of the atmosphere for me.
People either smile or wait desperately for a change or options at least on realism servers I play.

The patch to try to fix this nonsense is not yet ready,But i

Upvote 0
Please, tripwire, PLEASE limit these weapons. How about adding another class - Hero Assault - that can use either the normal SMG's or the god weapons and replacing two assault spots with two Hero Assaults? This keeps the same ratio of automatics to single-shots (so realism guys won't complain) while significantly cutting down on the number of Mkb and AVT users.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.