• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
See below for the amazing DP-28. The handle is seen on the left side of the sight picture. As the magazine empties, it rotates clockwise, and the handle ends slightly to the right, directly facing the gunner, signaling that a magazine change is needed.

Hats off.
Mind BLOWN! That is russian ingenuity at work.
Very nice detail that I had completely missed. So cool.

Reactions: Uffz.Juschkat
Upvote 0
Just came out of a conversation with some clan mates, and they were all quite vocal about wanting to be able to choose which unlocks to use, the ability to attach/detach their bayonets, the fact that enemy/rare weapons are selected in the role selection panel by default, and the widespread availibility of certain upgrades, not to mention weapons.

None of them bother to look at these forums very often, but they have exactly the same concerns as many of us frequent posters. I should add that we are in no way shape or form a realism unit.;)

Some of the members in particular have been around since the mod, and they were hopeful for change, but saddened by what they percieved as Tripwire's identity crisis.

One of them had just noticed that the magazine on the DP-28 in-game actually REVOLVES as you shoot it, meaning that you can look at the little metal handle that starts facing you as you shoot, knowing that when it faces you once more, you are out of ammunition. :IS2::IS2::IS2:

An astonishing detail that blew me away as soon as I saw it. I also tried the MP40/II today in a near-empty server as well (on a wall, I must say, as I am a sworn crusader against its widespread adoption) and I was impressed with the animations and mechanics (save the even further decreased recoil due to the addition of the second magazine). Still, the weapon impressed me, and I am convinced that if sparingly seen, it would actually add to the game.

What my friend said, however, really struck me, and that was that the loving attention to detail shown by such hard work over the DP-28's operation in-game really doesn't have a chance to shine when the game attempts to be two things at once.

All this is constructive criticism, none of it my own, none of it from forum members.

In fact, I must say--that little detail my clanmate pointed out actually gave me hope that in the future the side of Tripwire responsible for such innovation will prevail.:)

The three reload animations for semiautomatic rifles, the exquisite tank interiors, the suppression system, the cover mechanics for machine gunners, the adjustable sights, the ability to blindfire grenades, the beautiful scale maps based on historical locations, the penetration system, the medical bag left on the disheveled bunk on the second floor of the Infirmary, the war cries of the Russian team exiting spawn, the excitement of a melee duel, the ballistic bullet drop, the tension from waiting for a kill message--THIS is where Red Orchestra shines. That unique focus and passion is what almost every reviewer has truly applauded. It's Tripwire's genuine strength, its trump card, its secret weapon. THAT is what can convert an arcade shooter player into a realism addict. :IS2:

:IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2:

See below for the amazing DP-28. The handle is seen on the left side of the sight picture. As the magazine empties, it rotates clockwise, and the handle ends slightly to the right, directly facing the gunner, signaling that a magazine change is needed.

Hats off.

Hey, I read these forums at least!

I do confirm that all 10 or 11 of us last night commented on some of the little things that could be fixed in the UI that would do wonders for the game.

Upvote 0
Yeah. Little things that will come after the big things.

Little things like when you choose to "spawn on squad leader", you should auto spectate him as long as he's alive. That why when you spawn, you know where you are and when you don't spawn on him, you know why (you saw him die).

It would also be nice having a "squad memeber waiting to spawn" indicator as the squad leader. That why you:
1. Know the importance of staying alive
2. Know to find someplace safe
3. Know not to kill the squad member that suddenly spawns.
4. Know you have a squad member to order around in a moment.

Upvote 0
THANKS YOSHIRO! See how easy it was to make many people (atleast me :D) very satisfied.

Now that I know at least something's going to happen, and I'm not waiting for nothing, it's so much easier to wait some more for info about what the changes will be and when.

I represent the views of a lot of my clan.

So can we bump that 0.1% up to about .10000000000000001% now

Make that 0.1000000000002 % :)

Upvote 0

Little things like when you choose to "spawn on squad leader", you should auto spectate him as long as he's alive. That why when you spawn, you know where you are and when you don't spawn on him, you know why (you saw him die).

It would also be nice having a "squad memeber waiting to spawn" indicator as the squad leader. That why you:
1. Know the importance of staying alive
2. Know to find someplace safe
3. Know not to kill the squad member that suddenly spawns.
4. Know you have a squad member to order around in a moment.

this!
make it happen

Upvote 0

I think it tries to autospectate as it goes to him first them cycles to next player. You just need to cycle back (middle mouse I think) and you will be focussed on your squad leader if he's still alive.

Upvote 0
I played RO1. It was actually an exception to the rule. I dont really like FPS's. The Arma series was good, and I had a very short time in brink, but RO1 kept me comming back.

The reason was it felt like being in a WW2 battle. Sure it was clunky and had bad graphics. But the gameplay was amazing.

Roll on RO2, eagerly awaited by me and some mates. Its good, but really doesnt conjure up the same feelings as RO1 did.

My take on it was simple. If they could only remake RO1, with better graphics and sound it would be a winner. The old adage is dont fix something that isnt broken.

I understand why new features have made it into the game. After all its about making something fresh and also to appeal to the wider audiance.

Unfortuanatley Im not a member of the wider audiance, and just want to play a realistic ww2 FPS.

THe good news is for modders or other devs, that the market is open now for such a game. The bad news is that RO2 promised to be such and then missed the point of the game somewhat.

No offence to tripwire, its a good game, a good FPS, just as Brink and COD are. But I dont think it will hold my interest the same.

Please make some realism settings that actually mean realism. No uber rare weapons, Native speaking team mates and larger maps...u know, like RO1 had.

:)

Upvote 0
I played RO1. It was actually an exception to the rule. I dont really like FPS's. The Arma series was good, and I had a very short time in brink, but RO1 kept me comming back.

The reason was it felt like being in a WW2 battle. Sure it was clunky and had bad graphics. But the gameplay was amazing.

Roll on RO2, eagerly awaited by me and some mates. Its good, but really doesnt conjure up the same feelings as RO1 did.

My take on it was simple. If they could only remake RO1, with better graphics and sound it would be a winner. The old adage is dont fix something that isnt broken.

I understand why new features have made it into the game. After all its about making something fresh and also to appeal to the wider audiance.

Unfortuanatley Im not a member of the wider audiance, and just want to play a realistic ww2 FPS.

THe good news is for modders or other devs, that the market is open now for such a game. The bad news is that RO2 promised to be such and then missed the point of the game somewhat.

No offence to tripwire, its a good game, a good FPS, just as Brink and COD are. But I dont think it will hold my interest the same.

Please make some realism settings that actually mean realism. No uber rare weapons, Native speaking team mates and larger maps...u know, like RO1 had.

kinda like the english speaking team mates but ya, i agree with everything else.

needs CoH voice actors lol. "you find somthing shinny in the dirt? GET UP!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Your post could be more constructive. What others things about RO2 makes it less realistic?

Upvote 0
The funny thing is that I often see almost as many people viewing this forum as I there are playing in-game ...

Well lets push this to the absolute maximum. Steam takes stats in a 24 hour period todays peak for RO 2 was 2800 players. So if we start off for example with the assumption in favour of the outcome being as large as possible, and say that each player is on for an average of 1 hour. Let us also pretend that the number of players stayed at the peak for the entire 24 hour period ( this is really a very generous estimate now ). That would mean that the currently active player count for HOS is ( 2800 * 24 ) = 67,200. Given that obviously generous number and dividing by the forums currently active users ( 600 ) we get .008--.

So in the very generous most case we are just under ram's guestimation of .01%. But the cunning among you will realize that I made the assumption that the forum users are the same 600 people all day long. Looking at Alexa we can see that the average a user stays on these forums is about five minutes. so lets push the stats even more in ramms favour here and half the number of forum users and say it is that all day long, a measly 300.
That would give us ( 300 * 12 * 24 ) = 86,400 unique viewers to the forum on a daily basis. uh-oh, that cant be! Lets be EVEN MORE generous and go against the alexa numbers and say the average user is actually here for 10 minutes and that 300 is still too generous, only 150 ( what a joke there are often more guests on ).
That result is ( 150 * 6 * 24 ) = 21,600 unique views per day.

In truth its probably fair to say that it is somewhere between those two numbers.

So at the low end we the community could actually be 1/3 of the current RO community, on the other hand lets just arbitrarily double the ingame number from 67200 to 134400 ( say everyone started playing only 30 mins), then we are still in a worst case from these guesstimate numbers approximately 16% of the current daily playerbase.

:eek:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/tripwireinteractive.com

Reactions: Tweek
Upvote 0
1,306 people in game according to Steam stats at the time of my writing this. 570 members browsing the forums...
570/ (1306+570) = .0001

Great math TWI.

A very good rule of thumb to ALWAYS follow: think before you speak especially when so many people are listening.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That would mean that the currently active player count for HOS is ( 2800 * 24 ) = 67,200. Given that obviously generous number and dividing by the forums currently active users ( 600 ) we get .008--.

So in the very generous most case we are just under ram's guestimation of .01%.
:confused:
67.200 = 100%
672 = 1%
600/672= 0,893%

There must be 6.720.000 people playing to get under 0.01% which John stated, not 67.000

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Yoshiro for commenting.

We might not be the majority of all players but I guess we are the majority of realism players. I think most of us don`t mind what you do with the relaxed realism settings, firtefight etc. That is the platform to cater the new players and attract them. Go nuts there!

We just feel left out atm as HOS has such great potential for realism and this frustrates many people as these issues were discussed long before release and then suddenly changed to our disliking.

So yes please work on performance, stats etc as we all understand that these are more pressuring things to deal with but acknowledge our valid critcism and consider it.
So I am glad that the team from TWI does this now.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.