• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-x3 72 round drum mag slow reload default for PPSH
Optional 25th level unlock x6 35r box mag fast reload

Slightly OT, but you reminded me:

Why, with all the attention to detail (down to replicating postwar electropenciling and plum finish on the SVT/AVT bolt carrier) does nobody have an historically accurate ammo loadout?

German and Russian SMGs and German Assault rifles came with 7 magazines. 6 in pouches, and 1 in the gun.

The G41 should have the same number of strippers, and the SVT/AVT should have 3 magazines, and 6 strippers. (One magpouch with 2 mags, 1 Mosin pouch with 6 strippers, 1 mag in the gun.)

German/Russian boltguns had 12x5rd stripper clips in pouches.

LMG ammo varied, and can be ignored because the "squadmates resupply you" mechanic, which is realistic enough.

With all this, yes there was variance, but w/ riflemen it's just silly. They're modelled with the correct ammo pouches, yet start off with them just over half empty? (you start with 7 strippers,if I remember?)

ETA: Thank you for taking time to respond to this thread Yoshiro. I'm still in 100% agreement with the OP, but I appreciate that someone is responding now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Slightly OT, but you reminded me:

Why, with all the attention to detail (down to replicating postwar electropenciling and plum finish on the SVT/AVT bolt carrier) does nobody have an historically accurate ammo loadout?

German and Russian SMGs and German Assault rifles came with 7 magazines. 6 in pouches, and 1 in the gun.

The G41 should have the same number of strippers, and the SVT/AVT should have 3 magazines, and 6 strippers. (One magpouch with 2 mags, 1 Mosin pouch with 6 strippers, 1 mag in the gun.)

German/Russian boltguns had 12x5rd stripper clips in pouches.

LMG ammo varied, and can be ignored because the "squadmates resupply you" mechanic, which is realistic enough.

With all this, yes there was variance, but w/ riflemen it's just silly. They're modelled with the correct ammo pouches, yet start off with them just over half empty? (you start with 7 strippers,if I remember?)

ETA: Thank you for taking time to respond to this thread Yoshiro. I'm still in 100% agreement with the OP, but I appreciate that someone is responding now.

I don't think is OT at all. We're talking about unrealistic things in a game we were told would be VERY authentic. The lack of drum mags is vexing. I can't find a single photo from Stalingrad of a PPSH with box mag (out of at least 50 pictures). They seem just as rare as the MKB. :)

Good points on the realistic ammo. It is worthy to note that not every solder who enters the fight is freshly resupplied. That's why they had a base ammo load out in-game and that stat ("Ammo distribution" was it?) that alters how much you have.

Heck, I'd be in favor of random ammo, but people just don't like that in my experiences. It confuses and frustrates gamers.

The box mag being an optional unlock would make it much more rare. I'd personally use it sometimes for the faster reload and versatility. Sometimes you end up with 3 nearly empty drums. lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yosh is there a way for servers elliminate these weapons but still have stats working on others - kind of a hard core version that still ranks up but only on the other guns.

That way people can choose the servers without these weapons but without having to fore go ranking up so they still the rank should they join servers with these guns on

Upvote 0
I don't think is OT at all. We're talking about unrealistic things in a game we were told would be VERY authentic. The lack of drum mags is vexing. I can't find a single photo from Stalingrad of a PPSH with box mag (out of at least 50 pictures). They seem just as rare as the MKB. :)

Good points on the realistic ammo. It is worthy to note that not every solder who enters the fight is freshly resupplied. That's why they had a base ammo load out in-game and that stat ("Ammo distribution" was it?) that alters how much you have.

Heck, I'd be in favor of random ammo, but people just don't like that in my experiences. It confuses and frustrates gamers.

The box mag being an optional unlock would make it much more rare. I'd personally use it sometimes for the faster reload and versatility. Sometimes you end up with 3 nearly empty drums. lol

i think it would be really interesting if the less common weapons had less ammo with them.

back on topic right now im taking everything the devs are sayin with a grain of salt.

Upvote 0
Yosh is there a way for servers elliminate these weapons but still have stats working on others - kind of a hard core version that still ranks up but only on the other guns.

That way people can choose the servers without these weapons but without having to fore go ranking up so they still the rank should they join servers with these guns on

I think that may be part of the problem right now, we can't.

Upvote 0
It does, and it stems from many things. The majority of which are our current main focuses. Stats, Performance and crashing issues. It also doesn't help that a widely anticipated game has gone into beta as well. Some will find it a better game for them, others won't. But many will be checking it out.

Or maybe its the actual game? Stats and performance will definately have some impact, but you can't blame other games. The problem is RO2 is too middle of the road..it didn't grip the core RO base and hasn't done enough to keep newcomers either. You guys have managed to alienate your core fans through a combination of issues, notably the communication on things like rare weapons, like TWI don't value the feedback they get on the forum (0.01% thing), and an overall feeling of the series being dumbed down for people who don't like RO gameplay

Last edited:
Upvote 0
THANKS YOSHIRO! See how easy it was to make many people (atleast me :D) very satisfied.

Now that I know at least something's going to happen, and I'm not waiting for nothing, it's so much easier to wait some more for info about what the changes will be and when.

Uhm, don't want to be mean, but who said that "the changes" will be the "rare" weapon problem.

Upvote 0
I'm glad we've had some answers, thanks a lot for the feedback and civility, Yoshiro. The thread was kinda missing both of those things.

As long as this issue will be sometime addressed, i can rest easy. I can only hope you let this game be the game it wants to be, not try and topple giants who've been doing the arcade dance for a lot longer.

RO2 has a huge tactical soul inside of it, i just cant wait to actually play it. (Can i have my bayonet charge now?)

Upvote 0
It is a shame that this game won't be really finished and polished in at least months. They shouldn't have rushed it imo
Only problem I've had with its problems is the massive surge of bad vibes in the form of angry posts on lunacy levels.
Besides that, I'm very glad that it got released. I was sick of waiting and lucked out in the compatible rig lottery :)

Upvote 0
Just came out of a conversation with some clan mates, and they were all quite vocal about wanting to be able to choose which unlocks to use, the ability to attach/detach their bayonets, the fact that enemy/rare weapons are selected in the role selection panel by default, and the widespread availibility of certain upgrades, not to mention weapons.

None of them bother to look at these forums very often, but they have exactly the same concerns as many of us frequent posters. I should add that we are in no way shape or form a realism unit.;)

Some of the members in particular have been around since the mod, and they were hopeful for change, but saddened by what they percieved as Tripwire's identity crisis.

One of them had just noticed that the magazine on the DP-28 in-game actually REVOLVES as you shoot it, meaning that you can look at the little metal handle that starts facing you as you shoot, knowing that when it faces you once more, you are out of ammunition. :IS2::IS2::IS2:

An astonishing detail that blew me away as soon as I saw it. I also tried the MP40/II today in a near-empty server as well (on a wall, I must say, as I am a sworn crusader against its widespread adoption) and I was impressed with the animations and mechanics (save the even further decreased recoil due to the addition of the second magazine). Still, the weapon impressed me, and I am convinced that if sparingly seen, it would actually add to the game.

What my friend said, however, really struck me, and that was that the loving attention to detail shown by such hard work over the DP-28's operation in-game really doesn't have a chance to shine when the game attempts to be two things at once.

All this is constructive criticism, none of it my own, none of it from forum members.

In fact, I must say--that little detail my clanmate pointed out actually gave me hope that in the future the side of Tripwire responsible for such innovation will prevail.:)

The three reload animations for semiautomatic rifles, the exquisite tank interiors, the suppression system, the cover mechanics for machine gunners, the adjustable sights, the ability to blindfire grenades, the beautiful scale maps based on historical locations, the penetration system, the medical bag left on the disheveled bunk on the second floor of the Infirmary, the war cries of the Russian team exiting spawn, the excitement of a melee duel, the ballistic bullet drop, the tension from waiting for a kill message--THIS is where Red Orchestra shines. That unique focus and passion is what almost every reviewer has truly applauded. It's Tripwire's genuine strength, its trump card, its secret weapon. THAT is what can convert an arcade shooter player into a realism addict. :IS2:

:IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2:

See below for the amazing DP-28. The handle is seen on the left side of the sight picture. As the magazine empties, it rotates clockwise, and the handle ends slightly to the right, directly facing the gunner, signaling that a magazine change is needed.

Hats off.

Attachments

• 2011-09-29_00004.jpg
    2011-09-29_00004.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.