• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changes will be made in the future. As to what they are, I can't say yet as we are still formulating data and opinion and discussing it ourselves. But as I said earlier, everyone's opinion is at least slightly different (even in our office).

Now on that note, I really need to get to bed as I have more duties to perform tomorrow for my best friends wedding. I wish you all good night. Keep it civil, keep it safe!

well as long as its being looked at thats all we can really ask for. becuase its pritty clear things gotta change.

Upvote 0
Yay!

Thanks Yoshiro for the info.

Many of us are trying to keep it civil with our feedback. We just feel so passionately about the game that sometimes the evil comes out of our mouths. LOL

Seriously, if in a few weeks they patched the following, I would never stop singing TWs praise:

-MKB/AVT Elite Rifleman only. These weapons are never default selection.

-Weapon sway increases drastically while suppressed

-MG produces more suppression

-x3 72 round drum mag slow reload default for PPSH
Optional 25th level unlock x6 35r box mag fast reload

-1 less German assault role on 32 man server. 2 less on 64.

-German Assault unlocks captured PPSH at 2nd level.

whoa buddy they just admited their "might" be a problem not that they were gonna give us everything we wanted lol. though if they did this my faith would be restored.

Upvote 0
The MkB/Stg44 was never a common weapon to be found on the battlefield, especially in 1942. In fact even at the end of the war, where the weapons were saturated the most in combat circulation, they held very little impact in Germany's war effort simply because ammunition for them was rare. It did not fire a full sized Mauser round, but a shorter hybrid bullet.

The fact that I can pick up a scoped/bayoneted MkB off the streets of Stalingrad in 1942 with 7 magazines of ammunition borders on science fiction. But then again russian machine gunners didn't spawn with duel mag MG34's and as far as I know neither allied nor axis forces manufactured tanks with built in a.i. controlled gunners.

Upvote 0
I belive it was to some of the Dev's, whom also seem pretty unhappy with how things have turned out, both with the game and with what was once the RO community (though they would never say so publicly out of professionalism, you can tell if you read between the lines), unfortunately though, i don't think it was even remotely important to Mr. Gibson, who by his own admission didn't even like RO:Ost (he is a run'n'gun player by heart), and at the end of the day, he's the one calling the shots, and a lot of the Dev's seem to have not even been privy to the design choices made.

Ohh wake up and smell the coffee, there will be no fixes to any of this, not from TWI, it won't happen, not even for the so-called "Realism" mode.

TWI has made no secret of the fact that they will not listen to us, and that they don't care, streaching all the way back to Ramm's "open letter to the community", where he outright told us to STFU and accept that we where not the target audience for this game, and ever since with comments like the whole forum not mattering because we're only 0.01% of the community..

There will be no drastic changes made to the gameplay and class system, there will be no true realism mode, there will be no server presets or options made with us in mind, it won't happen.

Mods are all we get guys, but here's the kicker: Pretty much all the talent is otherwise engaged with the big total conversions like RS, ICV and IE, so i'm really not sure who's left with both the talent and experiance to fix this in the short term, aswell the inclination to do so. And the game is not set up for easy modding of things like class avalibillity, which is coded directly into the maps, and will probably be impossible to fix without creating duplicate maps (and good luck finding server admins who want to run an all custom map rotation), things are not looking that promising..

So, you have all the answers, why then are you still here repeating yourself?

Upvote 0
We need to be doubly careful here as our stats and unlock system is currently being plagued by some major issues that warp any semblance of how we thought it would play out from its design.

Not sure how that affected anything. You still gave MKB to anyone that bought DDE. They were always going to be all over the place. I'm interested to know why you guys decided to remove Elite Assault honestly.

As it is I notice in game more an more people just don't want to play Allies most of the time. Which would be fine if it was just the bad l33t wannabe's. But it seems to be the good players too leading to Allies getting stomped. Guess not everyone likes to be the underdog with across the board worse equipment. But hey maybe the silenced Nagant will save us.

Upvote 0
Changes will be made in the future. As to what they are, I can't say yet as we are still formulating data and opinion and discussing it ourselves. But as I said earlier, everyone's opinion is at least slightly different (even in our office).

That's nice and all, but why can't you give us a clear explanation of why you did things the way they are now? This thread is here for a really simple answer, this is not a demand or suggestion thread. Just explain your reasoning of radical changes to the class system(to the worse) in the recent months.

We just want to know why you did that, because that will tell a lot about the future and the direction you want to take, and I'll decide whether I'll continue feeding your playerbase or not.

Upvote 0
That's nice and all, but why can't you give us a clear explanation of why you did things the way they are now? This thread is here for a really simple answer, this is not a demand or suggestion thread. Just explain your reasoning of radical changes to the class system(to the worse) in the recent months.

We just want to know why you did that, because that will tell a lot about the future and the direction you want to take, and I'll decide whether I'll continue feeding your playerbase or not.
And because of the importance of the answer, they most likely don

Upvote 0
60k views could be 1 person refreshing 60k times, 10 people refreshing 6k times, 100 people refreshing 600 times, 6k people refreshing 10 times, or 60k people refreshing once (Warning, bad math may happen here. I am out of town at my best friends wedding, and very tired staying up tonight).

We are watching other forums talking about the game (not just this one), as well as watching the reaction and conversation by players in game as well. We find these just as valuable as our own forums.
Same issues in this thread and forum also play on the dutch gameforums I can tell you. :)

Upvote 0
Personally I don't care that much about how things are from a realism standpoint (although the mp40/II does take me out of my immersion :p).

My issue with the assault rifles, and semis is that since weapons are handling realistically and are not balanced against each other. That in the engagement ranges seen in RO2, the semi is pretty much always better than the rifle, and the assault rifle in case of mkb42 is pretty much always better than mp40.

Now that in itself is not so much an issue, if it weren't that there are so many classes available that nearly everybody can take that class. It makes the bolt action rifles feel like the crap weapon you sometimes have to pick. Rather than the semi and mkb42 being the awesome weapons you can sometimes pick.

Its the difference from the bolt or smg being the regular default weapons, with some additional good ones. Or the assault rifles and semis being the regular weapons and the bolts being the additional crap ones. Because in the end the baseline determining the strength of a weapon depends on what the enemy is using.

I'm not saying that things should be changed for relaxed realism, and not even necessarily for realistic realism but I do think there is a clear desire from a respectably sized, dedicated and vocal group of the community. That want to be able to play on and easily find servers with realistic load outs you would probably see in the real war.

I personally would really like to see such a server option, not from a realism perspective, but from a game play perspective. One of the nice things of RO, the need to have people working together just seems lost, by having too many classes that are good at both range and cqc.

^^^

Personally this because this is more or less what we told... that we would have the options and right now its not really there.

Can't really add much more to what everyone else said except to say that I think its a bit of an exaggeration to say that only the forum posters here have a concern about this particular issue and that those concerned, whether we post in the forums or not, are such a small percentage as stated.

Upvote 0

Now on that note, I really need to get to bed as I have more duties to perform tomorrow for my best friends wedding. I wish you all good night. Keep it civil, keep it safe!

Thank you for this answer yoshiro, as long as the problem is aknowledged, I am happy. I think most of us understand that there is more important things to sort out at the moment.

Reactions: Richey79
Upvote 0
I dont see why it's even up for debate. Put in a mode with less automatics/semi-automatics and no fantasy weapons and then everyone will be happy, you don't have to force everyone to play the one game mode.

If you want more autos and mkb42 you play the original game mode if you want more bolts and no mkb42 you play the other game mode.

THIS THIS THIS^^^
Can't echo this enough.

Upvote 0
Imo it would be more efficient to send a survey via steam to everyone who bought the game. Sure it will take alot of time to do it but we (TW and us) will have a clear picture how the most part of the people who play it feel about the game.

No, at some point it is the dev team that should take a decision and say " this is how my game is "
This is why I was never a fan of " dont worry you can tweak everything server side " because it gives the message that you dont know where you want your game to go and gets even worse when the promised tweaking is not there.

I'm still disappointed by the game ( gameplay issues, luckily I havent faced any bug and I get a 60+ fps on high settings ) and I would like to see a step-up from the devs saying " we want our game to be this way "
So I could either embrace it and keep playing or just leave the game.

Reactions: Leo4444 and Rak
Upvote 0

THANKS YOSHIRO! See how easy it was to make many people (atleast me :D) very satisfied.

Now that I know at least something's going to happen, and I'm not waiting for nothing, it's so much easier to wait some more for info about what the changes will be and when.

Upvote 0
Well that's great to hear, Yosh! I was quite certain that you'd say there would be some alterations down the road (but what they are is something I'm gonna be waiting for with a funny mixture of dread and excitement looking at the mixed up state of RO2 as it is), but I and others are feeling rather infuriated with being left in the dark about it all, and we'd all like a little bit of an explanation about TWI's thinking process that brought us where we are now - a game that can't decide what it wants to be, which is very scary and confusing for both casuals and veterans.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for replying to the thread Yosh, but the questions we're posing here remain unanswered;

- When was it decided to abandon the idea of the MKB/AVT actually being rare?
- Why after taking this decision was it not made public, especially given that the rarity of these weapons had been used so heavily by TWI reps to placate concerns about their addition to the game?

I really do appreciate the fact you're actually posting in here mate, but still I want answers, even if they are of the 'we wanted to appeal to a wider audience, deal with it' order. TWI already has my money what harm can come from giving us the truth?

Also it's nice to see you saying that changes maye be made in the future, but forgive me for saying I'll believe it when I see it and not one second before then. I think that's fair given the repeated 'Trust us!!!' statements we got from Wilsonam about the MKV rarity which turned out to be fallacious.

Upvote 0
I dont see why it's even up for debate. Put in a mode with less automatics/semi-automatics and no fantasy weapons and then everyone will be happy, you don't have to force everyone to play the one game mode.

If you want more autos and mkb42 you play the original game mode if you want more bolts and no mkb42 you play the other game mode.

In theory that's a good idea, but in practice all that would do is put that "mode" into a niche, and severely limit the number of servers available to such a player at any given time. And then it would be "sub-moded" from there, meaning, realism, relaxed realism, etc. We're talking about the core game, here. Hell, even Black Ops can be tolerable in hard core mode.

Upvote 0
Thanks for replying to the thread Yosh, but the questions we're posing here remain unanswered;

- When was it decided to abandon the idea of the MKB/AVT actually being rare?

- Why after taking this decision was it not made public, especially given that the rarity of these weapons had been used so heavily by TWI reps to placate concerns about their addition to the game?

I really do appreciate the fact you're actually posting in here mate, but still I want answers, even if they are of the 'we wanted to appeal to a wider audience, deal with it' order. TWI already has my money what harm can come from giving us the truth?

Also it's nice to see you saying that changes maye be made in the future, but forgive me for saying I'll believe it when I see it and not one second before then. I think that's fair given the repeated 'Trust us!!!' statements we got from Wilsonam about the MKV rarity which turned out to be fallacious.

At this point, Why doesn't matter. But I just wanted to point out that if there were so few players concerned about the numbers of these weapons, then mentioning it to us really wouldn't have had any impact on sales even if all of us decided not to buy the game.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.