• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it funny when reading some reviews and opinions about RO2 that they are a bit baffled by the realism in making the German weaponry better than the Russian. The MkB42 is always mentioned... Hm, I wonder what "gamey" solution could balance it out more... Maybe you could severly limit the assault rifles and set the drum mag as standard for the PPSH, nah, don't want to strive away from the realism too far for balance sake.

Which realism are you talking about ? :D

Upvote 0
I find it funny when reading some reviews and opinions about RO2 that they are a bit baffled by the realism in making the German weaponry better than the Russian. The MkB42 is always mentioned... Hm, I wonder what "gamey" solution could balance it out more... Maybe you could severly limit the assault rifles and set the drum mag as standard for the PPSH, nah, don't want to strive away from the realism too far for balance sake.
Haha realism, good one. Insane amount of MKB's can never be nor realistic nor historical ;)

Upvote 0
Since I cannot access page 16 of the thread, I get the feeling there's another dev post waiting to be "cleared" before it appears :) It may be the post you've all been waiting for! Or not.

I seem to see this with every new page that appears, I saw it with 14, 15 and now 16 not being available, just links back to the page before. I think, more than anything, it is a bug with the forum :p

TWI responds, but not to the actual question from OP, :confused::confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I seem to see this with every new page that appears, I saw it with 14, 15 and now 16 not being available, just links back to the page before. I think, more than anything, it is a bug with the forum :p

TWI responds, but not to the actual question from OP, :confused::confused:

vBulletin has a feature where posts by admins (or just a specific group) need to be "vetted" before they appear. I can't guarantee it IS that occurring, but I've seen it used (and explained) on other forums :) Just in case one of the dev team has enough and posts something they shouldn't :) heh

It could still be a bug though - hard to say really.

EDIT: And should also have said, the behaviour we see with this thread is how this "feature" manifests itself when used. There have been a couple of posts since the problem cropped up for me though, so it could well just be a bug as suggested :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And it couldn't be that, after the metric truckload of stuff they tried to finish before release, they didn't have the time to put in or write the "shot in the foot makes you run 20% slower" code?
Acting like this isn't a dev's fault is simply ridiculous. When you start collaboration, a project of any sort, your main goal is to determine how much you can do well. If you want to do a lot in a short time that means there's going to be a lot of overtime, that's simply how it works. If you want to avoid that then you need to limit your goals and simply do the core things that you think will make your game good . The issue is that TWI promised a lot, didn't deliver much and what they did deliver is infested with bugs. Bottom line is if the devs can't go through the whole cycle of developing software before release then that's no one's fault but their own. Don't make promises you can't fulfill.

Upvote 0
Heh srsly what do you expect Ramm to say?
That less people would buy the DDE if it hadnt rare weapons which in turn they had to make less rare unless they wanted to sell day 1 hero status?
That they thought it would be fun etc etc?

Ive got to admit, the nazi realism dudes were right all along and I bashed em like a loyal fanboy pre-release (whining about ski masks is still silly..) cuz TWI kept sayin stuff like:
Very few doppel-mag MP40s will be in circulation at any time. And they aren't that good. And reloading two mags takes longer. Trust us.
(Edit: Check this entire original post I quoted before some1 deletes it.. (click on that tiny blue icon))
But aye, here we are, every fool can run around with mp40/II, bandaging takes 1.5 sec, MP40's are as "rare" (practically) as MKBs and ive seen only 1 PPSH drum so far.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The issue is that TWI promised a lot, didn't deliver much and what they did deliver is infested with bugs. Bottom line is if the devs can't go through the whole cycle of developing software before release then that's no one's fault but their own. Don't make promises you can't fulfill.

They delivered a game that's totally playable IMO and many others, looks great, does stuff we haven't seen shooters do in a while. So I disagree with you they delivered "very little." They didn't deliver what you wanted and you're ignoring the rest.

I do agree that what they did deliver is bug riddled, and they got overly ambitious and promised too much by release.

Then again, they're known for staying with their product and continuing to develop it. Maybe they traded in on too much of that good will. To me, I've got a lot of things that work decently most of the time, and they're going to continue to improve. They overshot because they knew they weren't in the same position as other dev houses, where they're contractually obligated and financially required to release a game then move on.

I'm not saying this isn't their fault. But where people would have once given them their understanding, they're just giving them scorn now, motivated by the sense of being abandoned. It seems fairly petty of their fans, especially to someone who actually likes the game and has played a ton of it by now.

Especially since I didn't just parachute in here last week, and I remember how much *** people used to kiss around here. My my, how times change.

Upvote 0
Heh srsly what do you expect Ramm to say?
That less people would buy the DDE if it hadnt rare weapons which in turn they had to make less rare unless they wanted to sell day 1 hero status?
That they thought it would be fun etc etc?

Ive got to admit, the nazi realism dudes were right all along and I bashed em like a loyal fanboy pre-release (whining about ski masks is still silly..) cuz TWI kept sayin stuff like:

But aye, here we are, every fool can run around with mp40/II, bandaging takes 1.5 sec, MP40's are as "rare" (practically) as MKBs and ive seen only 1 PPSH drum so far.
A fanboy who turns to reality. A rare thing to happen and it happens right here on this very forum!
Welcome to the club! :)

Upvote 0
Their efforts will be on fixing bugs probably for now, but at least they have some feedback on the gameplay and can fix it. Hopefully sooner rather than later but bugs, performance and any other major stuff probably takes precedence atm. Personally I'm just not playing the game for now so when I do feel its ready I can play it like its just been released.

Just imagine its still beta, and with missing stuff. Play something else and come back later.

Upvote 0
Their efforts will be on fixing bugs probably for now, but at least they have some feedback on the gameplay and can fix it. Hopefully sooner rather than later but bugs, performance and any other major stuff probably takes precedence atm. Personally I'm just not playing the game for now so when I do feel its ready I can play it like its just been released.

Just imagine its still beta, and with missing stuff. Play something else and come back later.
I dont think it's going to be fixed at all and if it does it'll probably be when the SDK comes out and a mutator to change the stupid unlocks.

There's no way in hell they didn't realize what the consequences were when they decided to make prototype weapons be available in vast quantities. While at some point in development this wasn't the case and the previous statements regarding hero weapons were indeed facts but somewhere in the 2 months between that post and now it was decided that we needed more stupid guns to break fragile balance

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.