• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Review thread

I don't know if I should laugh or cry. This "review" is only about single player and apparently he is absolutely overwhelmed by the sheer complexety of the gamecontrols. I mean the controls are pretty standart for a fps, right? Or is it just me beeing so used to complex controls because I spend hundreds of hours in Arma 2 and its editor that RO2 controls feel easy?

Reading this and I think why did he even buy the game? One of the main features is that it has no crosshairs... I for one would never buy a game without research btw. Be it playing a demo, watching videos or reading about it.
Yeah he goes through the entire review and then at the end says "the game has a multiplayer component" as if the SP campaign is the focus. LOL?

I mean, he doesn't even talk about the flaws that the game ACTUALLY has! I have no problems with negative or poor reviews as long as they do a good job and actually bother to identify real issues.

Upvote 0

I think this is a really fair review. Their sticking point is holding TWI to releasing a game that works for them to the point it's playable, and if RO2 ran worse or crashed more for me, I might agree.

But they're really spot on about "when everything comes together." As time goes on I think some issues I've had with the game are less the design and more my lack of really understanding how it works, and I think that's true for a lot of people trying RO2.

Upvote 0
Destructoid review
Rating: 8/10
Language: English

If it were not for the bugs, I would highly recommend this game to everyone who is tired of the current state of shooters. This is not just another Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Medal of Honor. As it is right now, the game has enough bugs and glitches that you might want to wait a bit before you jump in. Don't write it off, or ignore it for too long, though -- you might miss out on one of the best shooters in some time.

Upvote 0
Another Review

Another Review

I'll toss mine out there. Have been doing freelance reviews for a few years. Please keep in mind that I reviewed this on the release day version, and know that some kinks have been fixed by the patches. I play the games I review beyond publish date, after all.

Also, as a reviewer, I have to review the single player game as well. It's part of the $35 people paid for. Feel free to comment if you'd like, I'll keep your criticisms in mind should I revisit the game or review others like it.

Final Checkpoint: 7.5 out of 10 (If reviewed today I'd likely bump it to 8)
URL: [url]http://finalcheckpoint.com/reviews/red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad-review-heavy-machine-guns-hurt-if-you-walk-in-front-of-them/[/URL]

Upvote 0
I don't like how many reviewers are giving this a lower score because of the singleplayer. I mean, do you want it to be multiplayer only?? I'm sure tripwire could of done that. If they had not made a singleplayer in the first place I bet it would get better reviews from the sites that take off for lackluster campaign. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Upvote 0
Rock Paper Shotgun Wot I Think
Rating: none as usual
Language: English

CONCLUSIONWAFFE: Red Orchestra 2 is a bold, frightening, stumbling beast of a game. It is laden with mod heritage, some good some bad, making only a nod to newbies and sending frustrated bug-suffers to lay face down in the blood-streaked swamp of annoyance. Some people are already spitting out their own teeth in frustration at crash bugs and performance jitters, and will continue to do so at least until they’re ironed out, and that’s a shame. Those that can get away with smoother experiences, however, are feeling much happier. (I am one of those. My tech troubles have been limited to some jitters with the browser. and a single crash in the beta) Further, it’s not going to worry Battlefield 3′s visuals, or any other FPS’s single-player for that matter, because despite the attempt to package the bot-play as single-player, that aspect can be all but jettisoned as an irrelevance. That’s reflected in the price.

Red Orchestra 2 rides on its attempt to push classical FPS game modes towards a sort of limited realism, and it excels at that. Yes, despite all the quibbling I still can’t help feeling that this is one of the most laudable games I’ve played this year. Get hold of it if you are even vaguely inclined towards more serious multiplayer combat, it’s quite the game.

Upvote 0