• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Review thread

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and TWI, but I honestly expected reviewers to hit the game harder for the bugs. Generally reviews tend to focus how the game is now, rather than how it will shape up within a few weeks. But the good reviews definitely mean good things for Tripwire.
becuse reviewers know most developers wont fix **** thats broken or sucks, becuse it cuts out on on their profits, and ppl have a very short memory..

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
5 hours played total for multiplayer and singleplayer? I donno that seems like a very little amount to me to do a review for.
For a MP game like this, 5 hours is plently enough time it's not like it has a massive story driven SP to get through (the SP is just MP with bots).

In 5 hours you could play 50 MP matches which would easily give a fair indication on how it plays.

Upvote 0
50 Matches in 5h? More like 20. 5h is just NOT enough imo to test such a game!
Btw: "WTF? The single-player campaign is just the multiplayer maps with bots."
Hm.. I was already (before release) worried about this. I mean, for me it's totally OK that it's just MP maps with bots, but Reviewers don't see it like this! :/ Same happened with Brink. Most reviewers said MP is good, but SP is just MP Maps with bots. And that was always like -15 - 20% from the score. I guess it would have a better score without SP (still talking about Brink :p).

Good decision from Gamestar.de (my favorite german gaming-site btw^^) to give it a score later! They are not like some other Reviewer's who just think "Omg, we need to get the Review out ASAP!". They actually want to give the games a good score.

Upvote 0
For a MP game like this, 5 hours is plently enough time it's not like it has a massive story driven SP to get through (the SP is just MP with bots).

In 5 hours you could play 50 MP matches which would easily give a fair indication on how it plays.

6 min per round? Lets be realistic here and say the average round is 12 min. That is 25 rounds in 5 hours which isn't even enough to play all the maps on an average server which usually plays 3 rounds per map. And that is not even counting with singleplayer, countdown and firefight.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Updated

About the mixed reviews. You can actually see how the review crews of those pages actually work. Some pages will give like a speculation review of how good the game will be when most of the bugs are fixed which is okay. Some reviews make a review only of the current state the game was in when they reviewed it and that is including all the bugs which is also okay. And some Reviews like the gamestar review (german) will not give the game a real rating for now because they expect to have a more testworthy version of the game soon.

All those ways of reviewing are okay to me and all are legitimate, I personally would go for the no rating yet option.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All reviews that does not get updated as the game get's updated are useless. All reviews that does not judge the game based on the target audience are also useless. The quality of a game is not based on how it appeals to the larger audience, but the people who are supposed to like it. Considering there are no games like RO2, that fact alone should give it no less than 8/10 on any score anywhere as it fills a void in the gaming world.

Upvote 0