• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Photos of real locations

Much more material of Fallen Fighters

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Reactions: Miro!
Upvote 0
Open console, type:
Code:
togglescreenshotmode
Hides HUD and first person weapon. Typing it in the console again restores normal mode.

If you don't want to hide the weapon model you can navigate to your My Documents/My Games/RedOrchestra2/ROGram/Config/ROGame.ini, and find the bShowHUD=true value and change ti to false.

This also gets rid of the tacical display. Just change it back to true when you're done.

Upvote 0
There are these interesting pics to show the scale of the city.
There are some mistakes in the places he have pointed out.
I'm convinced he picked the wrong building for the Univermag department store. It the building precisely beneath his orange
rightangle. The curved building at the long side of the park..

Link to the website. You will find a 15 mb PDF with lost of info.

Greets Drecks
Yeah, shame they mis-labelled a whole pile of buildings :) Including the Univermag, which is pretty unmistakable...

Upvote 0
I'm not sure that he did, at least not the univermag. The old facade is kind of hidden within a new city block that extends up to the edge of the park, where as during the battle the park exceeded the department store.

23mvorp.jpg

Google Earth has a 360 panorama of the facade you can check out.

Uuuh is it me as the orange rightangle on the picture i posted is on a different building as the piece you post. I did not even have a beer today ?

Google made me end on a website owned by a guy named Gillham. Never heard of him but he
had this nice picture. :)

BZS-44_Univermag.jpg

A smaller pic

his57.jpg

And another

uni.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
People have things they like and dislike about this game. And things they want fixed.

But even the gripers have to admit, the attention to detail with these maps is awesome!

Not only the map re-creation, but the sounds are incredible. Add in the fact that soldiers cry when they die, and it is almost chilling sometimes.

When I look at the real pictures and remember where I went on that map in-game, I almost feel like I was really there! GREAT WORK!

I always wanted to visit Volvograd, now I reaaaaaaaaaaaally want to visit Volvograd...

Upvote 0
Great pics. That pic at 06:29 must surely be a reenactement?
Lots of PPShs and eben a stick mag. Seems like they were much more common than MP40 among the ranks at the time of the battle.

Yes, I had seen this photo before and wandered about it's legitimacy. The caption beneath the original I downloaded reads "Sept., 1942. Stalingrad suburb outskirts, holding form" Those are real panzers and it looks like a dust trail behind the one coming off the hill. Those red army soldiers on the ground look pretty deceased. I would think if it was soviet propoganda they wouldn't include there own soldiers "playing dead". It's really hard to say though. Could be a setup photo. Imagine how hard it would to lay there in the open with 2 panzers approaching! Who knows maybe that's why 1/2 million Russians died there

Last edited:
Upvote 0