• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I added controller support to RO2 (WIP)

Report on use with tanks etc.

Report on use with tanks etc.

Hi Controller-interested parties everywhere, trialled Cobra's setup on T-34 tanks this weekend and had lots of fun, seems to work great as is, just need to use the 1/2/3 number keys on the KB to choose or move to the different seats within the tank. One thing I did leave out of my previous 'review' is that you don't get the 'Lean' buttons on the controller. All in all a very satisfied customer!

Upvote 0
I was originally going to add leaning to the bumpers, but as I played the game and used cover I felt that it wasn't needed because you can lean out of cover using WASD (and the control stick, of course)

Of course, if you have a ps3 controller (which has some motion controls), then it is possible to add lean to the action of turning the controller left or right.

I just bought myself a ps3 controller yesterday too, so hopefully I can toy with a ps3 controller scheme later this week for any ps3 controller users,
- C

(current setup already works for ps3 users if you emulate an xbox360 controller via the DS3 tool)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's nothing really to do with elitism...it's the fact that in this game online you will have no chance at all...thus making it a very frustrating experience...you've been warned.

It'll be fine in a tank, chill out :rolleyes:

Good job OP keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing. Just ignore the idiots with nothing better to do :cool:

Upvote 0
Elitist jerks.

Have you ever played for 30 minutes in a multiplayer game on a console? All you hear is screaming children saying YOU F'IN SUCK YOU *****!!!!! All day long with their squeeky annoying voices. I've literally heard those little kids bossing their parents around and telling them to make them sandwiches etc while they were playing and shes like do it yourself, and hes like NOO DO IT NOW MOM YOU B*TCH!!! and then she actually does it... Kids these days are so disrespectful it makes me hate all of them. So call me elitist all you want but when me and my fiancee have kids, they are going to grow up the right way. .Not spoiled and little jerkoffs who have cell phones at the age of 6... seriously? Cell phones at 6 and younger is just disgusting.

Upvote 0
Have you ever played for 30 minutes in a multiplayer game on a console? All you hear is screaming children saying YOU F'IN SUCK YOU *****!!!!! All day long with their squeeky annoying voices. I've literally heard those little kids bossing their parents around and telling them to make them sandwiches etc while they were playing and shes like do it yourself, and hes like NOO DO IT NOW MOM YOU B*TCH!!! and then she actually does it... Kids these days are so disrespectful it makes me hate all of them. So call me elitist all you want but when me and my fiancee have kids, they are going to grow up the right way. .Not spoiled and little jerkoffs who have cell phones at the age of 6... seriously? Cell phones at 6 and younger is just disgusting.

If you were a kid and you received " Console kiddies " as a reply when you shared something for free, would you feel like being respectful? :rolleyes:

Although, to the OP's credit, he hasn't bitten ;)

FYI I rarely have problems with disrespectful kids, because I treat them like human beings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have heard how kids sound like on Xbox live. Your post is quite a good representation of how I believe their posts look like.

Upvote 0
Wow. The venom. I'm almost afraid to mention that I'm using a Bekin Razor hand controller in combination with my laser gaming mouse. It really does improve my game control, and it works well with tanks. 'course, I wouldn't dream of owning a console. I build my own custom boxes. Alwright, I'm ready for the dead cats and rotten tomatos. Since the controller is programmable and uses mostly the default commands, hopefully this won't be an issue for PB.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The pot calling the kettle black lol.

For a group that considers themselves mature, hardcore gamers RO players seem very aggressive towards alternatives...

Upvote 0
I came straight from console FPS's to RO and I have to say that I appreciate this very much. I do admit that it doesn't feel as "accurate" as the mouse, but I think with some practice I will be able to hold my own. Plus now I can plug my laptop into my T.V. and play. (Didn't make much sense with the laptop being in front of me). So a HUGE thank you (THANK YOU!). I might be able to get my brother to play now!

Upvote 0
Added a slightly changed experimental ROinput.

Toggle sprint, attempted nonbuggy hold-to-ADS in the ini, didn't effect anything so I still left it in.

No changes to Keyboard and Mouse settings at all.

Also, if anyone can tell me why toggle sprint disables capability for zooming while looking down sights, or a fix for it, that would be nice too,
- C

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have you ever played for 30 minutes in a multiplayer game on a console? All you hear is screaming children saying YOU F'IN SUCK YOU *****!!!!! All day long with their squeeky annoying voices. I've literally heard those little kids bossing their parents around and telling them to make them sandwiches etc while they were playing and shes like do it yourself, and hes like NOO DO IT NOW MOM YOU B*TCH!!! and then she actually does it... Kids these days are so disrespectful it makes me hate all of them.

sad but true, kids to act like this on console, its quite disgusting, but there are some people like that on PC too, not as many though...

gamepads was being used on PC before xbox or ps3 even came out, there are gamepads made exclusively for PC, so the "console kiddies" remark is invalid

i enjoy playing racing games (need for speed: hot pursuit) on my PC, but i wouldn't do it on a keyboard, its to awkward, so i use a 360 controller, i get the superior graphics of PC and the easy controls of a 360.

and i play PC exclusively.

Upvote 0