• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I added controller support to RO2 (WIP)

I wouldn't dream of using it, but good work. No doubt it will make some people happy and I doubt we'll see official support again. Why anyone would downvote this work because they personally dislike controllers I do not understand.

It's the so called "elitist" of the pc gamers. I personally adress them as crazy because of their fanatism for the pc community and games.

But that's offtopic :p

Upvote 0
Hiya! I downloaded your .ini file and put it in the right folder, as specified, but when I try to play with my controller, it doesn't work! :confused:

Have I missed a step or is there something I should change in the setup?

Also, ignore those incredibly elitist children. My god, I haven't seen such bull**** in a long time before.

It's nothing really to do with elitism...it's the fact that in this game online you will have no chance at all...thus making it a very frustrating experience...you've been warned.

Upvote 0
It's nothing really to do with elitism...it's the fact that in this game online you will have no chance at all...thus making it a very frustrating experience...you've been warned.

If you read the replies they are incredibly silly. One tip was to throw your pc in the garbage can because apparently, people aren't allowed to do what they want, which in turn, is ****ing stupid.

So, yes, they are elitist in the sense of seperating them from people who wants to use a controller. Don't forget the reply: lol console kiddies.

It's just silly.

Upvote 0

Exactly - and since when has the PC crowd been elitist? Surely you can see the irony in that title given the exclusivity the consoles have enjoyed over the years?

Still, I look forward to knocking your controller-using heads off.

Upvote 0
Welp, my xbox controller wouldn't work out of the box for RO2, so I went ahead and copied and pasted some of the input values from other unreal engine based games, and it turns out that it all works :D.

Here's my ROinput file if anyone here wants to give this a try themselves:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qw4oqwawq8c5030 (updated)
Just put that file into:
username/my documents/my games/redorchestra2/RoGame/Config
Back up the original RoInput file and then overwrite the existing file.

None of the original keyboard and mouse values have been erased or changed and please note that I have not driven a tank in game yet, but to my current setup is designed for infantry, but it will more than likely work for vehicles too (variable throttle anyone?). Buttons can also be remapped in game, while the button you pressed will not show up and will remain blank it will still be mapped to the new action you chose. The only button that does not do that is the A button (I have no idea why either).

This is currently a work in progress as I am still trying to find the most efficient button layout, if I change the button layout or sensitivity then I will post it.

Gentlemen, here's to pc gaming and variety, (and leave feedback)
- C

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Surely you aren't.....?

Upvote 0
I don't understand what's so wrong about someone getting a controller to work with RO2 ... it's just a controller. Do I think it's the most efficient way to play RO2? no, but who the hell cares?

I can see merit in hooking my PC up to a bigass TV in my living room (if I had either) and playing the game with controller just for fun. You guys really need to grow up.

Reactions: Cobra_H1
Upvote 0
I don't understand what's so wrong about someone getting a controller to work with RO2 ... it's just a controller. Do I think it's the most efficient way to play RO2? no, but who the hell cares?

I can see merit in hooking my PC up to a bigass TV in my living room (if I had either) and playing the game with controller just for fun. You guys really need to grow up.

Be careful you are living up to your sig...

Upvote 0
Be careful you are living up to your sig...
Actually, to the contrary, I think everyone else is living up to my sig, minus the manly part.

I mean, who cares about what someone else chooses to do with their own game? And besides, everyone knows you probably would be alot less efficient with a controller anyway, so it's not like he's giving himself an advantage.

It's almost as if bu some joe schmoe somewhere out there using a controller in RO2 he is somehow corrupting the almighty holiness of the PC gaming genre or something!

Reactions: Rumo
Upvote 0
I think it's great someone doing this in their own time and making it work, even though it's sure to be useful only to a minority.

For the lulz, please post a video of playing RO2 with a controller :D

I will upload a video playing RO2 with a controller just to piss off all these nerds who thinks that just because you are playing with a controller, you are suddenly not doing it right.

So OP, why is my ini file not working? :( I need help.

Upvote 0
I think it's great someone doing this in their own time and making it work, even though it's sure to be useful only to a minority.

For the lulz, please post a video of playing RO2 with a controller :D
I will, just give me about a week so I can play the game and learn the maps + popular hiding places and such. (Also, the game needs to not crash and load servers)

I'm surprised I'm even getting any positive feedback at all, thank you.

To those that either insult my intelligence or yell console kiddies, no hating on my part. You are entitled to your opinion.

Also, hostility is the last thing I want taking up this thread.

He's an Ubuntu user, so he is be dead serious :D
Can't tell if serious because ubuntu is linux for newbies...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lawl....Why would anyone want to use a controller on a fps on pc?. Not being a prick I really would like to know.The mouse is way more responsive in fact I cant even play a console fps because its so unresponsive I catch myself having to strafe to adjust my site.

Its good that your doing this for people but anyone who would do this would make easy prey :D so plz do ....evil laugh

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Whats with all the bashing? He made it so you have the "OPTION" to play RO2 with a controller. You guys are spitting at him like hes a COD fan boi or something.

Honestly tone it down, it is making our community look very immature. I know we all don't like the COD kiddies and what not but all this bashing is lowering our image down to their standards.

On topic: Might not be the best for RO infantry fights but tanking might be good with controllers.

Upvote 0