• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Release - Final Thoughts From A Dev

-snip-

I sincerely hope that all of you enjoy the game as much as we do. Sure there will be issues, but you all know Tripwire and anything we missed before shipping, we'll fix just as soon as possible. And speaking of Tripwire traditions, we have some AWESOME free content and updates planned for RO2.

So today it begins, another long ride with a Tripwire game. Sit down, buckle up, lock and load, and enjoy the ride!!!

This!

And Congratulations TWI, well worth the wait.

Upvote 0
I want to extend my congratulations to Tripwire from Oslo, Norway.

you have created an amazing game which is going to bring hundreds of hours of fun. And I can't wait to see what the community will create. This is going to be awesome.

congratulations.png

Congratulations from me and the 116th Panzer Division

Upvote 0
I remember RO beta 2.9, or was it 3.1... right before tanks. Damn, what a fresh game. I was a UT player/mapper and was instantly converted to RO. It was tactical, and you had to look, think, and aim well. No bunny hopping, no circle strafing, no spawn camping. You had to support your squad and help them to win, which was totally new. No Rambo or solo win possible like other games.

I've waited so long for this game. I can honestly say that in no way am I disappointed. Problems will be fixed, new maps will be made, but the foundation is rock solid. Well done!

All the things we loved about RO are still here, and all the things we wanted in RO2 are here... too bad some people were expecting an EA game. Too bad for them!

I had originally pre-ordered but decided to upgrade to play the beta. I'm glad I did! Got a great week out of it, for a measley $8. I'll get three years out of RO2, or more, for a low price.

Looking forward to new content, looking forward to community maps, and definitely Rising Storm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
'Grats, TWI.

The first time I saw Red Orchestra mod (on modDB, I think it was), I was amazed that someone was making a realistic focused shooter and immediately re-installed my UT2004 to try it out. I spent the next few hours getting my a** handed to me and chasing my first kill.

3D iron sights were amazing and now I pretty much won't play a shooter without them. 1 bullet potential kills in torso... awesome; now you can actually take out 3-4 enemies in an ambush without having to reload after using 1/2 clip each on first 2.

Good stuff and I look forward to the updates (I believe we all have made note of the rare FREE updates - my loyalty is earned).

P.S. I'd love to see a list of "beloved features" that got cut even if we don't get an indication on whether they'll be added or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0