• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final RO2 files uploaded -release soon!!!

No one has said that there's another patch. This was, in fact, final changes for the server and localized languages. Lets not infer things erratically, guys.

My mistake... This confused me (and others I'm sure)

Thanks for clearing that up!

The final release files have been uploaded to Valve and should be rolling very soon. I'll see you all on the battlefield!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is a problem with how Steam currently patches titles, not with TWI.

But Tripwire must obviously be aware of the limitations of the platform they're using to distribute the game, and like I said, 2 2+ GB patches after a preload on release day indicates poor planning in my mind - I appreciate them working until the very last minute to get rid of as many bugs as they can and ensure that what is released is a polished 'final' product, but you must understand why somebody with a slower internet connection or a bandwidth cap would be frustrated by the current system.

Is Tripwire only allowed to release patches through Steam? Could they not make their own patcher that manually updates only the files that need updating rather than updating entire files of which only a small part was modified? That's not a hypotehtical question - I'm really asking - would that be possible?

No one has said that there's another patch. This was, in fact, final changes for the server and localized languages. Lets not infer things erratically, guys.

Alright, well I suppose that clears that up.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is Tripwire only allowed to release patches through Steam? Could they not make their own patcher that manually updates only the files that need updating rather than updating entire files of which only a small part was modified? That's not a hypotehtical question - I'm really asking - would that be possible?

If you are using Steamworks and using the Steam Platform, it is to my knowledge that you must run your patches through steam first, so no, a standalone patcher like you see for MMOs doesn't usually work for FPS games.

Upvote 0
But Tripwire must obviously be aware of the limitations of the platform they're using to distribute the game, and like I said, 2 2+ GB patches after a preload on release day indicates poor planning in my mind - I appreciate them working until the very last minute to get rid of as many bugs as they can and ensure that what is released is a polished 'final' product, but you must understand why somebody with a slower internet connection or a bandwidth cap would be frustrated by the current system.

Alright, well I suppose that clears that up.

Thanks.
It's just the way it is. The way it's always been years prior.

Upvote 0
This is a simple case of developers fixing things in the last minute which gets decided to go into the PR build.

Boss : Ok were ready to go lets release
Grunt 1 : YAY
Grunt 2 : NO waitz i fixed something
Boss : damn ok i quess we can fit it in, rebuilds and updates
Grunt 1: Wait Wait ive fixed something is welll now...
Boss : oh ffs
Fans : WTF IS GOING ON ^%$^%$^$^ RAH RAH RAHhhhh
Grunt 1 : Ive fixed this dis dis and dis
Boss : Right updating again makes post on forums bla bla
Grunt from another dimension never knew was on dev team : EERRRRR ive fixed something tooooooo :p

Anyway i doubt il be playing tonight still stuck on limited virgin media :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My mistake... This confused me (and others I'm sure)

Thanks for clearing that up!

No worries, it happens =)

Congratulations. Based on my 25 hours in the beta I am in for the best shooter experience available on PC. Please tell me you guys are having a beer right now. And if so, pics!

We actually have a lot of beer here, but I'm currently too hung over from last night to enjoy it. Ramm's definitely having one tho ;)

Upvote 0

Hi Xienen, [TW]Ramm-Jaeger posted

The final release files have been uploaded to Valve and should be rolling very soon. I'll see you all on the battlefield!

That was @ 8:49 pm, over an hour after i had started my current patch download,to me that seemed as if there was more files just submitted to valve therefore suggesting yet another download, ie to us mere mortals that seems like another patch hence why we thought there was another patch.

Thanks for your reply.

Upvote 0
That was @ 8:49 pm, over an hour after i had started my current patch download,to me that seemed as if there was more files just submitted to valve therefore suggesting yet another download, ie to us mere mortals that seems like another patch hence why we thought there was another patch.

Thanks for your reply.

I understand Cully, but for future reference, we'd tell you in the same post that there's another change that needs to be downloaded =)

Upvote 0
If you are using Steamworks and using the Steam Platform, it is to my knowledge that you must run your patches through steam first, so no, a standalone patcher like you see for MMOs doesn't usually work for FPS games.

actually you can download patches the old fastion way without steam the only thing is you need to turn the "steam keeps my games up to date" off.

Upvote 0