• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final RO2 files uploaded -release soon!!!

Ok im still downloading the patch that arrived after the pre load, are you telling me there is another one too? because this news came after i started to dload the patch.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but it's kind of.. bull****. No offense intended - I know Tripwire has been slaving away to fix the bugs and optimization issues, and of course those should be top priority.. but all the patching is just ridiculous.. defeats the entire purpose of preloading and completely ignores people with poor internet connections or people with bandwidth limits.

Poor planning and oragnization on Tripwire's part. Of course, if it's neccessary it's neccessary.. but what a ****ty system of having to download 2+ GB patches just for what I'm assuming are fixes that don't warrant such a ridiculously large size. I'm positive I'm downloading a lot of the exact same files that I've already downloaded 5+ times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, I hate to say it, but it's kind of.. bull****. No offense intended - I know Tripwire has been slaving away to fix the bugs and optimization issues, and of course those should be top priority.. but all the patching is just ridiculous.. defeats the entire purpose of preloading and completely ignores people with poor internet connections or people with bandwidth limits.

Poor planning and oragnization on Tripwire's part. Of course, if it's neccessary it's neccessary.. but what a ****ty system of having to download 2+ GB patches just for what I'm assuming are fixes that don't warrant such a ridiculously large size. I'm positive I'm downloading a lot of the exact same files that I've already downloaded 5+ times.
This is a problem with how Steam currently patches titles, not with TWI.

Reactions: Spindle
Upvote 0
Well if there is yet another patch im well pissed off,im dloading since 11am today,my preload just finished @ 7pm,its now 9pm and im dloading the following patch, ive another 90 mins to go on that and now your telling me ive yet another patch after that too?
FFS im TWs biggest fan but this is getting annoying to say the least.

People can blame valve and steam all they like, TW chose steam to distribute their game.

Upvote 0
Well if there is yet another patch im well pissed off,im dloading since 11am today,my preload just finished @ 7pm,its now 9pm and im dloading the following patch, ive another 90 mins to go on that and now your telling me ive yet another patch after that too?

It will all seem fine after it's downloaded. Just power through that and you will be killing Germans for years to come.

Upvote 0
If only the game didn't get delayed 3 hours every time it's about to release lol.

The game didn't get delayed. Valve always puts 1PM EST on the Steam page for the launch by default. We never officially announced a release time, only a date. So unless it went past 12PM EST time on September 13th, it's not late, and it's still today.

Reactions: dodger bullet
Upvote 0
So no explanation as to what happened? Pre-load + 2.6gb patch, now ANOTHER patch?

...Doesn't bother me because I have fast internet, but still curious.

People can blame valve and steam all they like, TW chose steam to distribute their game.

No one has said that there's another patch. This was, in fact, final changes for the server and localized languages. Lets not infer things erratically, guys.

Upvote 0