• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 install disc or Steam install disc...

I just got back from buying the retail disc and I go to install my game and I see Steam install...
I am thinking 'Ok whatever, I'll just delete it after...'
To my surprise however..:

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad cannot be installed yet, because it is not yet released.

So what the F did I just buy..? A steam install disc..? Are you *#%^ing kidding me..! I just drove over an hour because no store in my immediate area has ever even heard of the game just to buy a steam install disc..? Really.!? (Yes I should have pre-ordered, I made a bad assumption)

I know I know, 6.85g is not just steam, the game is on here, but steam wont let me install a game I just bought, from a disc I now own. I hate steam even more than before now and if there is a way to play RO2 without steam rest assured it will come off my HD in a hurry. If I HAVE to use it I will do so grudgingly and would like to ask TWI to never do a game release this way again.

Reactions: Hells High
Well normally you can pre install. Maybe also he has not found out how to change some settings on steam that it will actually install from the disc and not try to download files. For 2 games I had to change some settings in steam or else it always tried to download files from the steam servers and it ignored my disk.

Upvote 0
Nope, can't install at all...
and take it easy people, it's not like I am over here 'kid get's his WoW account cancelled' mad or anything, just never had to deal with steam before and find it annoying they seem to have so much control over my disc.

Other than that, I sit here not-so-patiently waiting just like the rest of you...

oh and
:IS2:
Just because...

Upvote 0
Ok so maybe someone can point me to a thread or tell me..:

How do I install from the disk, steam keeps wanting to DL from their site, but I have the info on my disc...

Yes I have searched the net and none of the solutions presented will work...
There is no delete option, the command prompt idea fails beyond belief etc...

There must be a way or why even put the game on a disc to begin with...

Upvote 0