• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Tweaks

Good thread but the Steam forums thread wins, that is how a performance tweak should look like:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2094647

OP should just post a link to that - remember there is no absolute truth in tweaking, so settings should always be explained if changed from default.

Reactions: Pvt.pile
Upvote 0
Playing the game on medium isn't a very good experience. I get pretty good FPS but there is too much LOD poping (really hard to spot enemies when models are switched out all over the screen). If I could lower the texture and detail, but turn off the LOD (or at least tweak it in some way) it would be a much better experience.

I also noticed that bullet collision effects aren't very prioritized, bullets from bolt action rifles doesn't seem to make any smoke puffs at all on collision (makes it harder to adjust after missing a shot).

Upvote 0
Playing the game on medium isn't a very good experience. I get pretty good FPS but there is too much LOD poping (really hard to spot enemies when models are switched out all over the screen). If I could lower the texture and detail, but turn off the LOD (or at least tweak it in some way) it would be a much better experience.

I also noticed that bullet collision effects aren't very prioritized, bullets from bolt action rifles doesn't seem to make any smoke puffs at all on collision (makes it harder to adjust after missing a shot).

What? They do, at least in my game.

Upvote 0
To disable startup movies search for the following

bForceNoMovies=TRUE

I found out another way to disable the startup movies. Delete these lines:

Code:
StartupMovies=Copyright_PC
StartupMovies=LogoTripwire
StartupMovies=LogoUE3
StartupMovies=LogoGA
StartupMovies=LogoOrigin
StartupMovies=LogoRO2
StartupMovies=MainMenu
And you can leave this as 'False':
Code:
bForceNoMovies=FALSE
The advantage of this is that you still get the server connection loading slideshow/animations. That way, you don't have to guess whether the game crashed or froze while connecting to a server.

Also, my thanks goes to the OP for the helpful info.

-Bink.

Edit: I've also found something out about the above tweak.
If your loading animation seems to be in an infinite loop and you have a feeling you've already connected (eg. you can hear the in-game sounds), be sure to press the escape key once or twice and that should bring up the server welcome screen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not really a tweak but might serve someone else than me :

The F9 key in game is used to take a screenshot ( you can also open small console F3 type " Shot " and hit enter )

The screenshots will fall here : "C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\ScreenShots\" ( Windows Seven path )

If for some reasons you want to change the location where they fall ( like me who like to have all screenies from all games or Fraps in the same folder, or because after a while and hundreds of shots all .bmp files will take a lot of space especially if you use a high resolution in game :p)

In ROEngine.ini replace this :
Code:
ScreenShotPath=..\..\ROGame\ScreenShots
by the location you want on PC , like for example :
Code:
ScreenShotPath=E:\Game  Captures\

Upvote 0
Hello, very wonderful config thank you OP from the very bottom of my heart, at least I can play the game now and got my 10 kills, usually I got 1 because it was just not playable. But when I get hurt, and you start seeing those black things around the screen, the game lags again. Running at a good 40 FPS.

Specs: http://imageshack.us/f/856/unledwcas.png/

Funny, my CPU doesn't even meet the minimum requirement :eek:

Upvote 0
@OP Thank you from the bottom of my heart, you made the game playable and my FPS went from 5-10 to constant 40.

But there is still one problem, when someone shoots me and the black things appear(bleeding) it start's lagging really hard again, and you have to rejoin the server for it to stop lagging.

My specs: http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/1349/unledfjd.png

Funny, my CPU doesn't even meet the minimum requirments :)

EDIT: Dammit I didn't see I posted this one. BTW, it also fixed the punkbuster error spamming my chat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If the game look darker after you tweak it, I think it's mainly because you set DynamicLights=False rather than the DOF. DynamicLights is set to false when you set the lighting to low ingame.
A DynamicLights=True make the game obviously better to look.

ive had a default config, turned dof off and everything went darker after it, thats with everything turned on.

Upvote 0