• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Tweaks

Sir, You really need to upgrade your components.
I'll post my config sometime in the next 24 hours or so, still working on it.
It may help you somewhat, but seriously m8, pc upgrade is in order.
He said that his performance decreased significantly after the patch.
To blame his PC setup as the main cause now all of a sudden is very unlogical to say at least.

Upvote 0
He said that his performance decreased significantly after the patch.
To blame his PC setup as the main cause now all of a sudden is very unlogical to say at least.

No sir its not unlogical, he does need a upgrade. His system will not perform well on ro2 with whatever patch is implemented now or later. TW may do some more optimilizations, and in doing so may give him better performance.
With tweaks and optimilizations he will indeed be able to improve performance, but it will never be great.

I also added a link to some information that might help him, and also offered to post my config to help him and others out..

I wasnt tring to sound disrespectful or come across sounding mean..
Was tring to help.

This might help some of you peeps

RO2 Performance Thread
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2094647

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sir, You really need to upgrade your components.
I'll post my config sometime in the next 24 hours or so, still working on it.
It may help you somewhat, but seriously m8, pc upgrade is in order.
Hehehe.
Not have money for new pc. Have motherboard socket 775.I must buy everything. Processor, ram memory, motherboard, graphic card...
I need just average 30fps on low settings. :)

Upvote 0
Hehehe.
Not have money for new pc. Have motherboard socket 775.I must buy everything. Processor, ram memory, motherboard, graphic card...
I need just average 30fps on low settings. :)

I'm interested to know what FPS you got before the latest patch m8?

Also if you could pm me your ROEngine config, i'll have a look at it.
Im sure we can cap your fps to at least 30 ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This works, but you will find sometimes that after aiming down the sights, it will stay like that, and by pressing aim again will take you out of the "aim down sight" view. Basically it reverses the view.

They really need to just have an option in the interface to turn on/off Aim Down Sight toggle.

What your doing is this.

Your holding down ADS+Zoom(shift) and then moving.

It seems if you ADS+Zoom and move it will lock you into ADS, clicking the ADS key will then take you out, releasing it bring you back in.

If you simply hit your Melee key it fixes it.

Upvote 0
That's just turning everything off to make a game that'll look like it came out in 2002. Not really tweaks I'd say...

Well yes, it can make the game look crappy depending on what you edit. There is a lot of players out there struggling with playing the game. Some people may be forced to remove the eye candy in the game just so it's playable..

Upvote 0
That's just turning everything off to make a game that'll look like it came out in 2002. Not really tweaks I'd say...

Performance has gone down a little for me too, It might just be the maps as they seem more complex than the other two.
Its all about the gameplay > graphics. I wouldnt mind if this game got the graphs of old ostfront.

Upvote 0
I dunno maybe i'm doing something wrong but here my problem.
In my ROGame\Config game folder the ini file is called DefaultEngine and i can't find the line bForceNoMovies and the other depthoffield so it must be wrong. But in the RO2 beta folder i have another folder named Engine/Config and then ini file called BaseEngine.
In this ini file i find bForceNoMovies and the other values, i make the changes but nothing changes in the game, the movies still show on start and none of the GFX changes i make work, what am i doing wrong?!

Upvote 0
In my ROGame\Config game folder the ini file is called DefaultEngine and i can't find the line bForceNoMovies and the other depthoffield so it must be wrong. But in the RO2 beta folder i have another folder named Engine/Config and then ini file called BaseEngine.
In this ini file i find bForceNoMovies and the other values, i make the changes but nothing changes in the game, the movies still show on start and none of the GFX changes i make work, what am i doing wrong?!
Thats not the right place.

Upvote 0
Thats not the right place.

thats what i thought but the DefaultEngine ini does not contain the values?! :(

RO2 beta folder/Engine/Config - in here i find BaseEngine ini with values

RO2 beta folder/ROGame/Config - in here i find DefaultEngine but does not contain the values, so i can't tweak anything, i change the valyes in BaseEngine.ini but doesn't change anything.

In the ROGame/Config folder DefaultEngine it says this on the top

[Configuration]
BasedOn=..\Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini

Which is the one i changed the values in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

You edit the "ROEngine.ini"

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\Config\

Last edited:
Upvote 0