• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Tweaks

Apex.

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Can i request an admin to sticky this.. so i've seen alot of people complaining about bad performance, so until the performance is more optimized, we are going to have to rely on config tweaks,

So im creating this thread for all tweaks to be posted. as im RO2 admin over at CyberGamer im getting a few site pm's over there asking on how to improve performance, first im going to mention the obvious, update your graphics and sound drivers, they play a big part in PC gaming, also make sure you defrag regulary.

if you have any additional tweaks, post them and i will update this post with them. most of these tweaks are found in ROEngine.ini, which is located in the following path for most people, not to sure on others.

(replace my name with yours)
C:\Users\Geoff\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\Config

AllowMLAA=False
AllowFXAA=False
MaxAnisotropy=1
MaxMultisamples=1
GraphicsQualitySetting=0
CharacterQualityDetail=0
TextureQualityDetail=0
ShadowQualityDetail=0
LightQualityDetail=0
PostProcessQualityDetail=0
bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=False
UseHighQualityBloom=False (probably the best one imo)
StaticDecals=False
DynamicDecals=False
UnbatchedDecals=False
LensFlares=False
FogVolumes=False

DO NOT DISABLE DEPTH OF FIELD! if you do your game will go dark like this
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/574/2011090300002.jpg

UPDATE:

You can turn it off "DepthOfField" with out it going dark.
In order to do so you need to set Bloom to "True"

When disabling "DepthOfField" this seems to alter the impact of Bloom lighting significantly anyway, a great deal of Bloom and blurring is removed even though Bloom is set to "True"

Example:
DepthOfField=false
Bloom=True

To disable startup movies search for the following

bForceNoMovies=TRUE

To disable mouse acceleration, open ROInput.ini and change to the following.
bViewAccelerationEnabled=false

OTHER TWEAKS NOT RELATED TO PERFORMANCE

To remove Toggle ADS.

If you go to Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\Config and open the ROInput.ini file, look for the [ROGame.ROPlayerInput] section.

Replace:
"Bindings=(Name="Ironsights",Command=" Ironsights | onrelease Toss",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl= False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)"

With:
"Bindings=(Name="Ironsights",Command=" Ironsights | onrelease Ironsights",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl= False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)"

got anymore? post in this thread and ill update :) any dev's got any tweaks we can use for performance?

id also like to give credit to the CyberGamer community for posting the settings on our forum

Last edited:
dev's can you fix that depth of field thing in a future update, it really boosts performance, as you can see by my framerates in that screenshot, but its dark as hell, only way to make it better on the eyes is to up the gamma which makes the radar useless.
yea it seems like a bug, doesnt make any sense at all why gamma and contrast are related to DOF.

Upvote 0
dev's can you fix that depth of field thing in a future update, it really boosts performance, as you can see by my framerates in that screenshot, but its dark as hell, only way to make it better on the eyes is to up the gamma which makes the radar useless.

You can turn off "DepthOfField" without the effects of going dark.
In order to do so you need to set Bloom to "True"

When disabling "DepthOfField" this seems to alter the impact of Bloom lighting significantly anyway, a great deal of Bloom is removed even though Bloom is set to "True"

Example:
DepthOfField=false
Bloom=True

Last edited:
Upvote 0