• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

character is so small isnt it?

Wow, this is getting sad. Just because it's not exactly right in all situations, it's not worth spending hundreds of hours redoing the work. Relax rivet counters, it has almost no impact on the game =P

Wow, this post was a bit disappointing... I expected different atitude from a Dev. And yes, objects beeing twice of it's real life size does impact the game in numerous ways. It's a bit disturbing if a Dev thinks otherwise. Nobody expect You to fix it on release, because it's impossible, just don't tell us that it's nothing and you woun't do a thing to fix it. Do You really think that only rivet counter can see that's somethings wrong with this picture? Even fixed version is not enough to be honest, the soldier should be at least head taller, to make it look natural.

32340677.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think you guys dont understand the amount of work to fix these, it cant be afforded.

Entirely understandable, but these piss poor excuses and insults coming from the devs are ridiculous.

If the devs can't waste time fixing this, just say so in a professional manner without any snide "rivet" remarks. Especially since this is a lot bigger of a deal than rivets...

Or perhaps how it's so "sad and pathetic" that beta players are actually reporting bugs. Go figure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Entirely understandable, but these piss poor excuses and insults coming from the devs are ridiculous.

If the devs can't waste time fixing this, just say so in a professional manner without any snide "rivet" remarks. Especially since this is a lot bigger of a deal than rivets...

Or perhaps how it's so "sad and pathetic" that beta players are actually reporting bugs. Go figure.

Hasn't spoilt 1 second of gameplay for me. You Sir, REALLY need to calm down and get some perspective on the matter (no pun intended).

Upvote 0
It's somewhat inconsistent design work for which there is no easy fix. You can't scale up the player models, because in some places they are in an appropriate scale to the maps already.

The other alternative is changing every model, wall and mesh in every single map until they're consistent. That ain't happening either.

You guys had better just learn to deal. Or become modders at release.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, this post was a bit disappointing... I expected different atitude from a Dev. And yes, objects beeing twice of it's real life size does impact the game in numerous ways. It's a bit disturbing if a Dev thinks otherwise. Nobody expect You to fix it on release, because it's impossible, just don't tell us that it's nothing and you woun't do a thing to fix it. Do You really think that only rivet counter can see that's somethings wrong with this picture? Even fixed version is not enough to be honest, the soldier should be at least head taller, to make it look natural.

I beg you to explain the numerous ways in which this affects gameplay...

I never said it wasn't obvious nor that it was something that we'd never "fix" at some point, I was simply stating the fact that it doesn't affect gameplay and not a single post has proven otherwise...nor even tried....

Upvote 0
I beg you to explain the numerous ways in which this affects gameplay...

There is this thing called immersion. Not sure if TW developers have heard of it. NFL Blitz was a fun game too, but it isn't Madden.

I never said it wasn't obvious nor that it was something that we'd never "fix" at some point, I was simply stating the fact that it doesn't affect gameplay and not a single post has proven otherwise...nor even tried....

And what does this have to do with the price of rice in China?

Upvote 0

Good news buddy. You can make mods in RO2. If you don't like what the devs have done with the regular game then go make or fix it yourself in a mod. Easy as that.

But wait. Remember you have to also know how to model, map, program, and maybe some other things. This stuff takes time to make and money. So think before you start to complain.

Upvote 0
They are paid to work ... We paid for their company works.
These problems of scale is a problem for beginners and continue to let this horror will be worthy of "I f ** k you".

It's once again take the clients / fans for idiots.

I hope that the builders of your home are more professional and are able to count the number of bricks needed to build a wall.
If you say they worked too hard and that's enough for you ... that's your problem ...
But I am curious about the "gameplay" of your home life ...
It'll make you laugh a lot of people around you!

Hoh my god! but it's exaggerated! you say ...

Did you just compare a virtual world to my house? If my house was built to an odd scale, I'd have the coolest house ever! And then I could start a simulated war battle from it and complain to the builders that the scale's all wrong for my simulated battle. Dude, I want to do this now!

Upvote 0