• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

character is so small isnt it?

But I woul'd really like to know if its some kind of (rather big) oversight at level design stage, or maybe it's been made in purpose to deal with some kind of tech problem? And the most importatnt question, is it possible to fix it at this development stage? I'm afaid not.

In general from a first person perspective in a game it often looks better if the world is a little bit bigger. Thats why in a lot of traditional fps you saw the camera mounted in the stomach of players for instance.

So especially the heights of ceilings often are bigger than in reality, and similarly doors are wider so you are less likely to get stuck.

It would perhaps be good to compare things with RO1 with regards to size.

Upvote 0
Looks like maps were built for 96 uu avatars, and the avatars were designed to be 50 uu.
I heard if you sleep upside-down you grow 40 uu taller....

Anyways, make the mens bigger please.

/edit I mean from 3rd person. First person, afaik, is like RO1, which is a separate mesh with separate scaling. View height from first person can be adjusted as well.

/edit After actually playing, I can deny any odd looking sizes. Looks great. Everything fine. Never mind. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It seems like the player models specifically are too small. The world geometry, models and meshes seem to possess relatively correct scale in relation to eachother. Example:

IebZih.jpg

According to Wikipedia, a MG-34 is about 122cm long (44'') - What size would, then, be that german soldier? Seems like the size of a child to me.

This can be seen on some old media, too:

j6WZXh.jpg

Assuming the Mkb has similar dimensions to the StG 44, its length is about 94cm (37'"). How tiny is that german soldier, then?

Larger characters would instantly improve the fidelity/scale, but it's probably not that simple of a decision. Larger characters = larger hitboxes, there are gameplay consequences to think about, and by now it's probably too late to change. It does appear very wrong as it is, though.

---

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirq
Upvote 0
Wonder when a dev will react to this

I think they will ignore this thread at this point, too close to release. Sheer fact that this thread wasn't deleted proves that TWI is unique company, and they've got my absolute support.

I hope they manage to fix it in future. If not, I bet it woun't stop me from having tons of fun with RO2 until they release RO3 ;) After all I didn't noticed it before I read this thread. From what I've seen on youtube vids, RO2 is probably the best WW2 shooter ever, and one of the best shooters altogether.

Upvote 0
Some things seem correct such as trucks on Apartments.

I hope this gets fixed, and it seems the only way to do that is increase the character size as that would be easier than down sizing the entire map.

This also brings up problems as to the effectiveness of the current cover system and how big a map feels.

Not to mention the tanks need to be upsized as well to match the player, and didn't someone say these tanks take forever to develop?

I'm no developer here but it seems like a nightmare to fix. And that picture of the german soldier holding that assault rifle is funny as hell, it's a monster compared to his body. (It looks like he can fit his entire fist into the trigger area.)

How funny would that be if nobody noticed it during development and now it's gone too far to do anything about. Oh jeez.

I want a dev to comment on this just to see if it was looked over or if it was done on purpose.
Despite it being so apparent when pointed out it seems very easy to look over, I probably would have never noticed if it wasn't for this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chane
Upvote 0