• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Beta Update Changelog - September 2

- Realism modes are hooked up and functional

What are the differences between Relaxed realism and Realism? I read that the only differences are the HUD and spectating options, is this true? If so, then 'Realism' is somewhat of a misnomer for this mode, isn't it? Quite confusing.

Will there be a Classic mode that makes it easier to find Ostfront-like realism servers, or will those servers be lumped under Custom mode together with 24/7 Apartments MkB-Hero-only servers? So far there hasn't been a lot of news about the realism modes, even to the point where I'm starting to think that RO2 doesn't have an actual realism mode at all. It's a bit worrisome, and I'm not the only one.

A lot of people would want a mode that plays a lot like Ostfront (correct loadouts, no ranking and unlocks, native voice acting etc), but with RO2's improvements like the first person cover system and the rocket artillery etc. You'd make a lot of realism nuts happy by adding a filter or game mode like that.

RO2 looks and sounds great in a lot of ways, and I have no problem with the newly added Relaxed realism options, even though I'm not really interested in them. Options are good, and I'm looking forward to playing the game. But if Relaxed realism gets a game mode, surely there will also be a Classic mode of some sorts? Remember your roots, TWI... just saying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0