• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Beta Update Changelog - September 2

Re-lax!

Re-lax!

Hey, you have a beta to play. So you can't play all the maps yet, big deal. So you have to wait a few more days to test out other maps.

It is still a great game.

It is still a BETA that we get to play before the release (you DO have a playable beta, by the way)

The sun will rise and the earth will spin. Go outside or something.

Upvote 0
its still tripwire decisions to rely on third party to release patches so its pretty much their fault :)
It's the earth's rotation's fault. If it would stop spinning, no more advancing seasons. No more calendar. No more time. Damn earth has the gall to tell me today of all days is smack in the middle of Labor Day long weekend in the US. What a crock of ****.

But seriously, the human need to blame something, someone, anything ... it's one of our greatest fallacies. Grow up. Evolve.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It seems unlikely that valve is going to have no staff in till Tuesday, they have to prep for the launch of Dead Island and Space Marine which both launch tomorrow.
Very true, a good point.

I'd forgotten my Dead Island pre-order is scheduled to unlock tomorrow morning at 10am-ish. I suppose that means the Valve folks will be at their desks tomorrow, like the majority of North Americans.

Good news! ... except now I'll have to choose between Dead Island and RO2. DAMMIT.

Upvote 0
Erm what makes you think the Dead Island and Space Marine devs didn't upload their final builds during the week, and it being on an automated time release only overseen by support staff?

Don't try to convince people based on a hunch, look what happened with the 23rd of August beta release farce.

Still, I hope you're right ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Erm what makes you think the Dead Island and Space Marine devs didn't upload their final builds during the week, and it being on an automated time release only overseen by support staff?

Don't try to convince people based on a hunch, look what happened with the 23rd of August beta release farce.

No one's trying to convince anyone of anything. I'm just hoping out loud!

Upvote 0

This. There's no need for someone to physically be at work to press the "release game" button. It could be on an automated time release, or it could be done remotely.

With that in mind, who says someone has to be at valve HQ to press the "release RO2 patch" button? Maybe they could do that remotely too.

Upvote 0
"Valve sappin' mah beta"

TF2Engineer.jpg

Upvote 0