• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Beta Update Changelog - September 2

Actually, we will be working Sunday and Labor Day. Just that Valve (mostly) won't. They'll have emergency support on as always, but (most probably) not the guys needed to push an update out and propagate to all the servers... unless we get lucky :)
Oh don't worry, I was talking about Valve. You guys have definitely shown your dedication to working late into the night to appease your fans, and I commend you for that :)

Upvote 0
Actually, we will be working Sunday and Labor Day. Just that Valve (mostly) won't. They'll have emergency support on as always, but (most probably) not the guys needed to push an update out and propagate to all the servers... unless we get lucky :)

Lazy Basterds. :cool:

Good thing I'm not tired of the current maps. (Except Gumrak I didn't even try once)

Upvote 0
when its only tanks, its boring :p

^This

Not when you're good at it. ;)

And ^that

But I'm not, I never really tried to take tanks in RO1 or RO2, because I don't want to waste a slot when someone more capable could have take it.
It happens a lot that you loose a game because the tanker was a complete noob, and I'm not the kind of guy who doesn't mind ruining the game for other players.

Upvote 0
Algerian: I understand that, and that totally makes sense. However, most RO tank servers (ro1) have more than enough tanks for people to play solo .. Which is the only way I play, I think it's easier.. So you're not taking anyone else's spot. You'll only get better by playing it, and it can be tons of fun.

If you have zero interest that's one thing, but I really had zero interest in assault trooper or engineer but over time I tried them anyway because I wanted to try everything. And I had fun! Still not as good at infantry as others but I really get into it now.

I used to be a tank sim guy so I enjoy tanks, and let me tell you, TWI does a GREAT job with them. Both in realism and playability. That's actually what sucked me into RO1 in the first place.

Upvote 0
So you're not that into apartments, right? After all, it's only infantry.

Thats also *kinda* boring :p its fun for a while but like i said i prefer maps that mix both, like fallen fighters, but fallen fighters has another issue, its way too open which leads to being shot by a camper the second you get out of cover , commanders should get artillery smoke, grenades just dont cut it for such big maps :( (this is a suggestion TWI, get on it!!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well thanks for the heads up.
If my try outs is not gonna be disruptive to other players, I might give it a try tomorrow.:)

I guarantee it won't be disruptive. In RO2, it will even ask you up front if you want other players in your tank with you, and you can just say no. Then just drive! Follow the other tanks. You might die a lot at first.. But just think of it this way - you're drawing fire away from one of your comrades! ;)

Upvote 0
While you don't seem like having anything better to do than trolling tonight.

ya act like they don't enjoy doing their job.

It's not like they are slaving away working for "the man"

If they didn't want or like coming in and working late, we wouldn't get this update for a couple more days.

and I was watching college football; but I'd hardly consider that very productive.

Upvote 0

Heh, well that's kind of good news. Maybe when Valve actually gets in we can get two updates in one day :p

Upvote 0