• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gameplay Videos

I wonder what kind of system these were played on. The framerate seems very low, with some of them just being awful at times. I hope the game will play decently on settings appropriate for one's hardware.
FRAPS is a real FPS hog, I wouldn't judge performance from these types of videos.

Edit; And as Zips said in the description for the video above;
DZips said:
Framerate may not be optimal as it was with 64-players on, coupled with all settings as high as they were and FRAPS eating up my framerate, it didn't come out as smooth as I would have liked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maizel
Upvote 0
FRAPS is a *****, an absolute *****.

I was also running on an older version of it. A few updates after it was some big update that made it use a lot less of the CPU, so I've updated and I'll see if that's true or not.

But yeah, I tried my best. I wish I had a super rig to be able to record and play at ultra setting at the same time but alas, I don't.

EDIT: Btw, Gameplay video 2 has a long look at the Firefight game mode in the second half (roughly).

Upvote 0
Thank you for the link!
Yeah, so now for some reason german AT rifles can actually penetrate 45mm of armor? Really? It seems TWI decided to make tanking arcade as hell. Tank ping pong, 6 penetrations to kill a tank and of course uberrifle firing APDS... Ehhh...

EDIT: in another topic I've heard that post-penetration effects with tank AP rounds are going to be tweaked and improved, so my tank ping-pong fears are put to rest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What kind of damage can you do to tracks with 7,62 or even 14,5mm bullet? You would need to hit a thick round bolt in 2 places or just rip through all parts that are holding onto the bolt. And since the bolt is round, I don't really see it getting torn to pieces by small (compared to tank cannons) caliber AP bullet.
On sherman - yes, for every track "link" there are 2 connecting parts on its side. If 1 of them gets torn/destroyed, the track can simply split and tank is de-tracked - voila. But with german or soviet tanks its much more difficult to do.

So, to sum it up - what's the point of AT rifle for germans if they can't damage any part of T34 other than optics and (if veeeery lucky) tracks?

Upvote 0
What kind of damage can you do to tracks with 7,62 or even 14,5mm bullet? You would need to hit a thick round bolt in 2 places or just rip through all parts that are holding onto the bolt. And since the bolt is round, I don't really see it getting torn to pieces by small (compared to tank cannons) caliber AP bullet.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/doodle_m/222787937/

So, to sum it up - what's the point of AT rifle for germans if they can't damage any part of T34 other than optics and (if veeeery lucky) tracks?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
From a little research it looks like the PTRS can punch through the side and rear of the T34's turret from less than 100m. Although it should be possible to take out optics, possible view port for driver and if you're really good, maybe get the hull gunner. Also keep in mind the AT soldier will have other AT weapons like the satchel pack or magnetic charge mine.

Upvote 0