• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gameplay Videos

Hi,
2 little montages done while using some of the commands available in offline mode since last patch ( hope to see more commands for cameras added in next patch, Yoshiro if you ever read this :p ) :

very interesting.... you say there are commands for cameras, eh?

i like how it follows the bullet down range. and the different angles i saw.

Upvote 0
Yeah i used some of the basics UE3 commands, but the problem especially for the cameras is that not all are allowed like Yoshiro confirmed in this thread :
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=85596

Both video were done pretty quickly after messing a bit around to find some usable commands, first video was done in real time, firing/ slomos/ following bullets/ switching cams etc, all executed trough keybinds, what you see in the video is what happened in the the game, no post edit done, 2nd one i used some edits and added sound for fired shot echos from nmes views etc, but mostly was done in real time too.

For the camera behind the bullets or any projectile the command is :
Viewclass projectile
note that at short distance this doesn't work, need a minimum distance to see the flying bullet

This is nice when you are alone on the map, but if you execute this command when a bot fire at the same time, you will follow his own projectile, to avoid this, pick up a less common weapon like the snipers and follow them bullets using some of those command :

viewclass Kar98ScopedBullet
viewclass MN9130ScopedBullet
viewclass P38Bullet

etc
AT bullets penetrate the ground under the map so they are not really good to use beside maybe following them until they penetrate a tank armor.

When you enter the "viewclass projectile" command you will see the name of the projectile at the bottom left of the screen, pretty sure it was possible to follow you own projectile no matter if many were used on the map at the same time, but i can't remember the command, so long i didn't played with those UE commands now :/

I use keybinds to be able to switch cameras very quickly and not have to enter text on console, not usual keybinds executing directly the commands, in fact i set some of the numeric pad keys to execute a text file stored inside the game folder, the different commands are inside the text file, this allows me to modify the content of the command "on the fly", thing impossible to do in the ROInput.ini file without restarting the game, like this i have one key set to fire the weapon then execute a slomo at let's say x0.5 speed and follow the bullet, and can modify the text files to fit my needs without restarting the game and capture the scenario i want simply by pausing the game and entering the desired cam views etc ..

It's almost impossible to have a third person view camera actually because the commands for those cameras doesn't seems to work, well in fact it is possible to have some sort of third person cam view, but once the pawn dies the camera switch and you can't view him going down so it is useless for me, i have to use some tricks like using the camera actor ones, for example in those videos the camera looking down on the tank next russian spawn is called with this command :

ViewActor ROSpawnCameraActor_41

also used some cam views coming from terrain like at 1:14 in the 2nd video :
ViewActor terrain_3

You can also use the view camera from another bot being behind the one you will shot, that's what i done in few sequences using 2 keybinds; one to fire/slomo/follow projectile slowly, then using another one to switch the view to a pawn having the bot killed in his field of view, the command mostly used was:

viewbot / ViewPlayer Anton ( name of bot can be changed to the bot you want, that's where the keybinds executing a text file that you can easily modify is interesting :p )

Before i try to shoot something i usually go in slomo ( got a keybind for this and another one to restore normal speed too) i look a bit the positions of the bots, then if needed i pause them using the command "Playersonly" and going to a good spot to shoot them ( note that bots paused textures are kind of very low resolutions ), then unpause and restore speed to normal and xecute my fire /slomo /follow projectile keybind and then switch view to the other bot to have some kind of third point of view on falling dead bot

For the sequence using the binoculars i switched between both pawns, using the "avatar" command to put them in the right spots and execute what i wanted, "Avatar ROAlliedPawn" "Avatar ROAxisPawn", notice that is there is another bot in a team he will start to fire at you is you use the avatar command tho, avatar command will make you pawn fixed once you quit his body ( why this sounds pervert ? :D ) all the sequence with the binoculars was done like this in one try + using the cam from a dead body i suicided there for the closeup views on the Russian.

Used some other tricks like starting maps with 3 players including me, killing one bot and switching view on his dead body to see his teammate being killed with different other commands , like the view you see at the start of the 2nd video it comes from a dead body point of view.

Btw god mode seems to work only if you try to hurt yourself like putting a nade at your feet and you got no damages, but bots still seems able to shoot you down, no matter the god mode ...

There is other commands but i don't have them all in mind right now, i stopped to mess around with the game once i done those short test videos, might restart try to do something when I'll have more time, also one things that bother me is the poping up textures in the UE3, tried to use the non streaming texture to avoid this effect but result was half of the textures missing and becoming black, will have to find a solution to this because i find horrible the pop up effect when you follow a projectile for example.

Also will have to ask dev's how to add some attachments on weapons, some of the commands i used didn't worked, probably because i miss the exact names and command, well even like this it is possible to make a lot of things already, not so easy as if we had usual UE3 cam options but well already good to see this included.

I probably forgot to mention many other things i used, but that's all i have in mind for now, hope this helps a bit and is clear enough, if not just ask again .;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Viewclass projectile
note that at short distance this doesn't work, need a minimum distance to see the flying bullet

This is nice when you are alone on the map, but if you execute this command when a bot fire at the same time, you will follow his own projectile, to avoid this, pick up a less common weapon like the snipers and follow them bullets using some of those command :

viewclass P38Bullet

etc
AT bullets penetrate the ground under the map so they are not really good to use beside maybe following them until they penetrate a tank armor.

When you enter the "viewclass projectile" command you will see the name of the projectile at the bottom left of the screen, pretty sure it was possible to follow you own projectile no matter if many were used on the map at the same time, but i can't remember the command, so long i didn't played with those UE commands now :/

I use keybinds to be able to switch cameras very quickly and not have to enter text on console, not usual keybinds executing directly the commands, in fact i set some of the numeric pad keys to execute a text file stored inside the game folder, the different commands are inside the text file, this allows me to modify the content of the command "on the fly", thing impossible to do in the ROInput.ini file without restarting the game, like this i have one key set to fire the weapon then execute a slomo at let's say x0.5 speed and follow the bullet, and can modify the text files to fit my needs without restarting the game and capture the scenario i want simply by pausing the game and entering the desired cam views etc ..

It's almost impossible to have a third person view camera actually because the commands for those cameras doesn't seems to work, well in fact it is possible to have some sort of third person cam view, but once the pawn dies the camera switch and you can't view him going down so it is useless for me, i have to use some tricks like using the camera actor ones, for example in those videos the camera looking down on the tank next russian spawn is called with this command :

ViewActor terrain_3

You can also use the view camera from another bot being behind the one you will shot, that's what i done in few sequences using 2 keybinds; one to fire/slomo/follow projectile slowly, then using another one to switch the view to a pawn having the bot killed in his field of view, the command mostly used was:

viewbot / ViewPlayer Anton ( name of bot can be changed to the bot you want, that's where the keybinds executing a text file that you can easily modify is interesting :p )

Before i try to shoot something i usually go in slomo ( got a keybind for this and another one to restore normal speed too) i look a bit the positions of the bots, then if needed i pause them using the command "Playersonly" and going to a good spot to shoot them ( note that bots paused textures are kind of very low resolutions ), then unpause and restore speed to normal and xecute my fire /slomo /follow projectile keybind and then switch view to the other bot to have some kind of third point of view on falling dead bot

For the sequence using the binoculars i switched between both pawns, using the "avatar" command to put them in the right spots and execute what i wanted, "Avatar ROAlliedPawn" "Avatar ROAxisPawn", notice that is there is another bot in a team he will start to fire at you is you use the avatar command tho, avatar command will make you pawn fixed once you quit his body ( why this sounds pervert ? :D ) all the sequence with the binoculars was done like this in one try + using the cam from a dead body i suicided there for the closeup views on the Russian.

Used some other tricks like starting maps with 3 players including me, killing one bot and switching view on his dead body to see his teammate being killed with different other commands , like the view you see at the start of the 2nd video it comes from a dead body point of view.

Btw god mode seems to work only if you try to hurt yourself like putting a nade at your feet and you got no damages, but bots still seems able to shoot you down, no matter the god mode ...

There is other commands but i don't have them all in mind right now, i stopped to mess around with the game once i done those short test videos, might restart try to do something when I'll have more time, also one things that bother me is the poping up textures in the UE3, tried to use the non streaming texture to avoid this effect but result was half of the textures missing and becoming black, will have to find a solution to this because i find horrible the pop up effect when you follow a projectile for example.

Also will have to ask dev's how to add some attachments on weapons, some of the commands i used didn't worked, probably because i miss the exact names and command, well even like this it is possible to make a lot of things already, not so easy as if we had usual UE3 cam options but well already good to see this included.

I probably forgot to mention many other things i used, but that's all i have in mind for now, hope this helps a bit and is clear enough, if not just ask again .;)

thx. Good info.

Upvote 0
Yeah i used some of the basics UE3 commands, but the problem especially for the cameras is that not all are allowed like Yoshiro confirmed in this thread :
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=85596[/URL]

Both video were done pretty quickly after messing a bit around to find some usable commands, first video was done in real time, firing/ slomos/ following bullets/ switching cams etc, all executed trough keybinds, what you see in the video is what happened in the the game, no post edit done, 2nd one i used some edits and added sound for fired shot echos from nmes views etc, but mostly was done in real time too.

Viewclass projectile

viewclass P38Bullet
etc

ViewActor terrain_3

That was absolutely informative. :D

Upvote 0