• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Update on the Beta - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Havent you heard of being over Optimistic, if they been guilty of anything it's simply that - nothing more - nothing sinister - just plain not wanting to disappoint there customers

Did you read all of the OP and my post? He said he knew from the beginning the DDE was being delayed!!!!

Upvote 0
Yes and if there wasnt any game delay, if the date was still 30th. We the DDE owners were about to get scammed. DICE released their alpha with TONS of bugs, yea TONS is the exactly word. And everyone played it that way, its not a big deal, everybody know this is not the final product. But no, TWI want to clear the bugs in Beta which is nothing more than a decoy for the RO2 hunger. Everyone saw the invisible wall in Pt. 1 when the soldier fired the MG but this is not a big deal. We know the final version is gonna be fine. Thats why its called final you know, for the beta is normal to have a few bugs here and there. If you are going to clear the bugs in the beta, its becoming the final version... geez :\

Upvote 0
German_invasion.-.jpg

We shall march until the 30th brothers.

Upvote 0
I'm happy with this announcement: we can all organise our time accordingly. Frankly, you could guess that around the end of August was going to be the date they were realistically aiming for. (http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=803098&postcount=396)

To bunch Stahlhelmii in with the trolls / whingers for that post seems a bit harsh, though. Yes, his tone was a bit ... immoderate ... but it would probably have been wise to release this news around the time the footage from GDC was uploaded.

People in general will always have suspicious minds. It risks being a bit naive to just keep hoping this won't prove to be the case.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for clearing this up, now I dont have to be here bashing F5 all the time every day (or maybe I will stick to TotalBiscuit/The Cynical Brit PART 2)

Can you tell us something about your bug tracking system and how are you going to patch/update the game in future after the launch? When I played the big unnamed "AAA" title a while back, when they wanted to do even small fix they had to roll out these huge update packs that basically updated the whole game. They couldnt just patch that/those small thing and preparing and testing those big updates took long time and made "community" mostly angry...

I believe (hope) its different with Unreal Engine, RO2 and STEAM ??

We log bugs in an internal system, prioritize, look for reproductions, assign to code and then fix.

Once fixed, we can roll out code updates through Steam pretty easily. Size is (I believe - but I am not to be trusted, so be careful) about a couple hundred Mb. If the fixes involve changes to maps or other artwork, then those packages would need to be downloaded again as well. We usually roll code fixes along with map updates/map packs, as well as more urgent fixes as soon as they are available.

fodgme.jpg

joking...

I suppose I should use that for my sig now... bastard.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.