• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Update on the Beta - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You promised that this would not be the kind of PR/marketing beta that has become all the rage these days, you promised that it would be a proper, nitty gritty testing experience and that we would be able to have an impact on the finished product as a result, this was a lie. You point out in your own post that the reason you're keeping us out is because people will whine about bugs - what the **** kind of reason is that?

And this is where your logic fails. The current beta is just that. The third phase with the inclusion of the DDE purchasers will be the same. However we don't feel the beta is ready to move into that stage without some bugs actually fixed and taken care of.

We are fixing bugs hourly here, but we also have development milestones in place for the beta. And as we hit them the beta has moved into the next stages. We had hoped that while we wanted more time to fix and polish up the game (hence the delay) we would still reach our next milestone for the DDE beta this week by having all of our showstoppers cleared away.

That sadly did not happen, which is why we've made the post about our next target date for the beta and what we need to have cleared away for us to move on to that stage. As John mentioned, there will be bugs in the final phase of the beta, so if that is your argument....... There just won't be any showstoppers.

Upvote 0
... Steam Support taking multiple weeks to solve tickets, there's a good chance that I'll be locked into buying your game anyway, but I have a sneaking suspicion than in light of your new business practices, that is exactly what you intended to happen.
Multiple weeks? Now you are lying.
I purchased for some german members of this forum the uncut version and before that, they had to cancel their pre-order and it only took some days to do that.

None the less, I hope your ticket will get closed soon and you will have a wonderful life without RO2.
I surely will, even without you. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So I will take part of your advice and request a refund of my DDE, but I won't be re-purchasing anything and if I could I would get a refund on my original RO I'm so disgusted.

I'm wit you, dawg. In fact, I'm going to take take a step further and delete my steam account erase all my games and smash my computer with a hammer (damn nvida card overheats anyway). I'm then going dig up my old NES and play f**ing Super Mario Bros 2. Eff this crap!

No more FPS. No more waiting for Beta. No more heartbreak. :(

This is an outrage!!!

Reactions: vyyye and Spindle
Upvote 0
Well, then you arent clearly speaking proper English.

Give the kid a break, he makes an interesting point. :)

Meanwhile+in+Finland_f37600_342693.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Matkailija
Upvote 0
I purchased for some german members of this forum the uncut version and before that, they had to cancel their pre-order and it only took some days to do that.

None the less, I hope your ticket will get closed soon and you will have a wonderful life without RO2.

Weeks is a bit over the top, but in my experience Steam tickets are a major pain, take several days to over a week for resolution, and are not worth $40 for the time and aggravation. I'd rather eat ground glass than submit a Steam ticket. :D

Reactions: Hesgad and daschewy
Upvote 0
Thanks, now we have something to link the whiny kids to when they start having an aneurism about the Beta.

The funny thing is that the people complaining are the ones that will have a hissy fit about the bugs (being a developer as well, I know this for a fact :p).

Drooling over Gamescom footage and the incredible new trailer, along with having a life will keep me busy enough until the DDE Beta.

Upvote 0
This is all we really wanted, Tripwire. An update, and an estimation. I don't have to refresh every video game news outlet that might cover the beta every day every hour anymore.
Anyone that still complains either doesn't know a lick about game development and how coding and marketing goes, or is the type that would complain if you said anything less than it's available RIGHT NOW. In fact they're probably both.

Anyway, Im upgrading my computer today, so I'll be ready for super ultra quality graphics on the 30th!

Upvote 0

As somebody has already said, it is not a lie, Steam Support have been increasingly slow as of late and the Dota 2 tournament seems to have slowed them to a snail's pace, it takes over a week to get a ticket resolved even if both you and Valve agree on the matter at hand, god help you if they don't, which is why I'm sitting on a ticket I sent in on the 18th, that they last replied to 4 days ago.

I'm glad they were so amazing for you, but the majority of us aren't as lucky and what I said is a real possibility/concern, not to mention what a total hassle it is in the first place.

I'm wit you, dawg. In fact, I'm going to take take a step further and delete my steam account erase all my games and smash my computer with a hammer (damn nvida card overheats anyway). I'm then going dig up my old NES and play f**ing Super Mario Bros 2. Eff this crap!

No more FPS. No more waiting for Beta. No more heartbreak. :(

This is an outrage!!!

Good one.

Thanks, now we have something to link the whiny kids to when they start having an aneurism about the Beta.

The funny thing is that the people complaining are the ones that will have a hissy fit about the bugs (being a developer as well, I know this for a fact :p).

Drooling over Gamescom footage and the incredible new trailer, along with having a life will keep me busy enough until the DDE Beta.

I find that people who feel the need to post on forums that they are a developer and boast about how awesome their lives are, are not developers and do not skydive on a regular basis.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.