• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DEMO question,don't kill the messanger

SolitarioSoldat

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
USA,Tampa,Florida
I have buddies from bunch of clans,but there are 4 clans that have been lurking the forums here and reading the posts.

They also noticed that everytime there is a post related to the beta it gets closed.

So most of them are aware that its only a month before the game releases and are sceptic that there will be any sort of beta at all for them to apply for key.

So they asked me to make a post and ask if not beta,will there be any sort of DEMO after the release of the game?

I'm just a messenger,do not draw you'r swords :)

*Edit: They are impressed with what TWI brings to the table with the game,they love the way it looks from the videos,BUT they want to try how it feels,and thats what brings the demo question....*

Last edited:
I think he was asking if there will be a demo available, not the beta necessarily.

As for the OP, I don't know. There were promotional weekends with RO1 that got a lot of people to try the game that wouldn't otherwise, so I'd say it worked well the with the first game. Until TW says anything who knows, but it would be one more way of getting players who are unfamiliar with the experience to try it out.

Upvote 0

It's too late for that,bug testing invites with clans is closed,Yoshi got all the people he needed,they missout on this one cause lasted way to short and a lot of original RO clans missed out too....

If I was on TWI place I would of taken mainly clans that previosly played the original RO,not just any clan application.

I know The Ball has demo,but not sure if ROOST has.... but then again RO2 will have SP so maeby there is still hope for demo...

Upvote 0
I think he was asking if there will be a demo available, not the beta necessarily.

As for the OP, I don't know. There were promotional weekends with RO1 that got a lot of people to try the game that wouldn't otherwise, so I'd say it worked well the with the first game. Until TW says anything who knows, but it would be one more way of getting players who are unfamiliar with the experience to try it out.

It really worked great in KF and RO those free weekends........sure the games were unplayable for 4 days and the communities got worse after each free weekend but it sure worked well.

Upvote 0
So what they want is a beta... to see if they want the game... :confused:

I'm sure there will be free weekends, and they are better then a demo.

Whats free weekend? is that free weekend to play the MP or SP?

They just want a taste before they purchase it,they like everything about the game from what they saw and read,but want the taste of how the core game play feels(yes they are aware this is realistic FPS...),these people never played realistic FPS game before,will be their first one,well for 90% of them will be because the other 10% played some of the ARMA series.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have buddies from bunch of clans,but there are 4 clans that have been lurking the forums here and reading the posts.

They also noticed that everytime there is a post related to the beta it gets closed.

So most of them are aware that its only a month before the game releases and are sceptic that there will be any sort of beta at all for them to apply for key.

So they asked me to make a post and ask if not beta,will there be any sort of DEMO after the release of the game?

I'm just a messenger,do not draw you'r swords :)

*Edit: They are impressed with what TWI brings to the table with the game,they love the way it looks from the videos,BUT they want to try how it feels,and thats what brings the demo question....*

Tell them to just buy it , its cheap and is the best ww2 shooter ever made . I am speaking from RO1 experience and I'm sure Tripwire ddint funk up the second one .

It really worked great in KF and RO those free weekends........sure the games were unplayable for 4 days and the communities got worse after each free weekend but it sure worked well.

Were you around during those early days when RO was a mod ? When only elite of the elite used to play and every match was a superior tactical experience . I wonder if RO gods are still around WickedPenguin , Lemur ,Donets , Putz .... are the ones I remember , the tournament was called BFE (Battle for Europe) . Lemur hated the original RO1 and refused to play it , he found it too unrealistic it was a step away from original mod experience even RO1 was not as hardcore as the mod was . So far I hear talk about HOS not having as much of a learning curve as the original that thought alone kinda scares me but will see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tell them to just buy it , its cheap and is the best ww2 shooter ever made . I am speaking from RO1 experience and I'm sure Tripwire ddint funk up the second one .

What do you think how they found out about RO2...,I posted on their website and to some I spoke trough xfire,you think I didnt told them that I play ROOST and that RO2 will be much smoother?

I can see how RO2 is improved in many aspects over RO1 and no need to name them....I dont need to taste RO2 in order to buy,im preordering this puppy....

Not every body is the same,almost every body is sceptic when there is something new to be tried,its how people are these days."I can't force anybody into buying something-I'm not that good" LOL :eek:

Upvote 0
Demo for RO2 - no.

Free weekends at some point - quite likely.

Beta - there will be more about that next week. There will be more opportunities!

Great, this should get them pumped and something to chew on.

@ Vympel

Don't hold you'r breath with you'r sig,drum ammo for the PPSH is unlockable LOL...

Last edited:
Upvote 0