• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An Open Letter To The Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the post.

I'm just going to be playing on realism. All I was looking for was an indication that I would not need to play on soft realism servers.

Q: The silence is deafening, why are the devs so quiet?

A: Because we're busy working insane hours trying to finish up the best tactical shooter ever made!!! If we don't have time to sleep, see our families, eat, go to the bathroom, etc, then we REALLY don't have time to post on the forums a lot.

TW is not a quiet development studio. You are the most involved set of developers on any game forum I have ever seen. We appreciate that.

The fact of the matter is you've been spoiling us.

Don't work yourselves to death, and that includes damage controlling on the forums.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Ramm for taking the time to write such a lengthy, and very informative post at what must be a crazy time for you right now., and a huge thanks to everyone at Tripwire for working so hard and, well, for being Tripwire!

It is very much appreciated and I'm sure I speak for everyone ( well almost everyone ) when I say we are behind you 100%, and wish you all the good luck there is over the next 6 weeks.

I for one, can't wait to play this! :IS2:

Upvote 0
Q: But but but, what about bayonets!@#$@#$

A: Ok we'll give you this one. We've decided that everyone that owns RO1 will have a day 1 unlock of the bayonets for the Kar98 and the Mosin Nagant 91/30. So go stab happy right out of the gate! The other weapons you'll still have to earn them, but this is our compromise.

Glad to hear that one. I can't hit the broad side of a barn, but throw me a bayonet and it's on!

Upvote 0
I'll be the first to admit, in my glorious white Knight defense of TWI, I look behind myself and see burning fields and villages in the wake of my crusades.

In other words, My defensive nature of TWI and some players has lead to me not making the forums a better place, and for this I really need to rethink some of my forum posts, arguing with people that aren't making a lot of sense or are plain wrong is still arguing and is causing a bad atmosphere on the forums.

I apologize to anyone I cut down.

Also day 1 unlocks for RO1 owners is awesome, simply awesome.
I'm a little sad about the Papa stick mags, but how is it going to be balanced once the drum mags are unlocked...

UNLESS! One drum mag and the rest are sticks? HUH HUH HUH? :D

Upvote 0
Raging Kids Status :

[ ]Not Told
[ ]Told
[X]Told by TripWire

I still don't like the PPSh-41 coming standart off the shelves with stick mag instead of the drum, but that's because I grew to love it with the stupidly large drum that forces you to hold the gun in a strange way. But oh well, so be it. You can bet I will unlock it by my effort and as quickly as possible.
Well done Mr. Gibson, now go help the rest of the guys work.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.