• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

Russian reenactor with a Waffen SS facemask:
400_F_32721548_vdXventFTkV7nuFvPao8wOHq1tki1iHn.jpg

Upvote 0
Hahaaa, success! :D

MRidW_132_3%23

Coincidentally enough I once made a scratchboard of this in a High School art class.

One must point out, however, that this man is clearly not immediately serving in a combat capacity nor is it winter or anywhere close to cold. The screenshot soldier isn't exactly wearing his parka to maximum effect with the neck open like that.

/Self-Entitled-Elitist-Realism-Unit-Asshat

Reactions: Nimsky
Upvote 0
It is probably already pointed out, but did anyone notice the abnormally long mag on the SVT (or AVT)? Looks like the 15 or 20 round mags that where supposedly developed for the AVT-40.

Because it is fun and cool to put rare weapons into a game that no one has played with before. We've said this before for us the dividing line is - could the weapon have possibly been there, and can anyone beyond a shadow of a doubt prove that it wasn't there. It doesn't matter how rare it was, if it could have been there, it's ok for us to use.

I think it would be cooler and more unique if we could use drums and sticks at the sametime for the PPSH-41. If that is possible, then is great. 1-2 drums and a few sticks. How many games have done that? Not many. :p

And when the drum mag(s) become available how exactly do you then plan to balance it?

A few things.

1) The drums should take a big longer to load.

2) When the stick mags where introduced, most soldiers only carried 1-2 drums and the rest where stick mags. This could have been an option.

3) The Russians might simply have the better SMG. The Germans will have the MG34 with 50 rounds, and possibly the MG42 with 100. That is superior to the DP28. The Germans have the better LMGs, the Russians have the better SMGs. Kind of like how it really was. :p Balanced and realistic. What is not to like?

4) If I recall correctly, the devs said the AVT-40 will be essentially useless in full auto. I am going to assume the MKB42 is the better weapon. Therefore the Germans already have a superior "Heroes weapon".

There are many ways to balance a game aside from making the two teams play exactly identical.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I didn't read the whole thread when I posted #388, so I missed out post #265.

Anyway I provided two photos showing soldiers who adjusted the "Schlauchschal" in order to protect their nose.

But I'm not sure I'd wear a medal (but a good way to ID heroes on the field)

It wasn't that uncommon to wear the medals in battle - of course it was dangerous especially on the Eastern Front since enemy snipers would try to take those out first next to officers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And I am sure those are totally not staged photos for the camera, they are actually combat action photos that were snapped off in the heat of battle with soldiers that are actually fighting.

That's an idiotic claim. None of these photos display a German posing for a propaganda picture. The uniforms are too messed up and untidy for that.

Some soldiers had cameras themselves and they took pictures of their own individual front life experience and their comrades. The majority of WW2 pictures are private photos and not official ones.

Most of these pictures I've posted are clearly showing front life!

Photos of real battle action were rare of course, because professional war reporters weren't as common as today and those who took the pictures for private purposes were foremost soldiers and actually had to fight rather than doing photo sessions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And I am sure those are totally not staged photos for the camera, they are actually combat action photos that were snapped off in the heat of battle with soldiers that are actually fighting.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call "moving the goal post."

He asks for proof, proof is given, he then says the proof he asked for, isn't good enough.

Upvote 0