• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

These screens made me

1235117531194.jpg

Upvote 0
Yeah you'd think the nazi fanbois would be happy the Germans are getting to use some of their rare kit...

Exactly.

People are thinking that every trooper that wants one will have one, in reality you won't see more then one of those guns kicking around at once if I'm to trust what I remember.

Those that think the German hero looks retarded, all I can say is seriously? He looks kind of normal to me, soldiers would piece together any and all equipment they could get their hands on, getting a ski mask or whatever would of been smart, it hides your breath and keeps the cold off your lips which could easily blister.
So yeah, tell us he looks like a retard, but I'm sure every rifleman around him is envious of his loot. But I'm not sure I'd wear a medal (but a good way to ID heroes on the field)

Get off your high horses everyone.

Upvote 0
Why not just have 2 magazines taped together instead of a weapon which was rare and may not even of been used in stalingrad?.

Because it is fun and cool to put rare weapons into a game that no one has played with before. We've said this before for us the dividing line is - could the weapon have possibly been there, and can anyone beyond a shadow of a doubt prove that it wasn't there. It doesn't matter how rare it was, if it could have been there, it's ok for us to use.

Upvote 0
I think realism fanboys might be more appropriate Ramm-Jaeger. We would much prefer to use what they actually had rather then what they wouldn't of had or could of had. You say you are making a realism game when you pump out this crap and say it's realistic? Anyone with two braincells knows that the Mkb42 was not in Stalingrad. If you want to make a game like Call of Duty then by all means do so, but don't slap realism on there if your not actually going to do it.

Upvote 0
I think realism fanboys might be more appropriate Ramm-Jaeger. We would much prefer to use what they actually had rather then what they wouldn't of had or could of had. You say you are making a realism game when you pump out this crap and say it's realistic? Anyone with two braincells knows that the Mkb42 was not in Stalingrad. If you want to make a game like Call of Duty then by all means do so, but don't slap realism on there if your not actually going to do it.

So you think realism is only about having the authentic gear? Sounds like CoD realism to me. ;)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

You can set up a server to limit/remove the rare weapons if you like.

Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe
Upvote 0
People are thinking that every trooper that wants one will have one, in reality you won't see more then one of those guns kicking around at once if I'm to trust what I remember.

I hope that is the case, or the team-balance of the game is in some serious trouble..

The Russians are supposed to have an SMG advantage, because the Germans have the LMG advantage (and that can't be helped, there was no bigger mags for the DP-28), so if you give the Germans a whole bunch of MP-40/2's to "balance it with the PPSh", the Russians will allways be outgunned.

Upvote 0
I'm fine with the weapon addons simply because I know they aren't being handled like they were in games like Call of Duty. At least these things actually existed and have (or at least could have) appeared in the field.

Once Tripwire puts some red dot sights on an MP40 I'll start whining.

And don't forget about class limits. Not everyone is going to be a spawn ninja with a super MKb42.

Reactions: Lucan946
Upvote 0
I am grateful for the products that Tripwire Interactive have made thus far, RO1 and Killing Floor are both great games that I own. I have been a part of this the German realism unit 2SS which is now the 305 ID which you guys are calling Nazi fan boys. For one we have never supported Nazi ideology, and I am glad to see that whenever we make a post criticizing the realism of a game you automatically call us Nazis and hope that will shoo us away.

Let's be civilized.

My unit stands behind the realism of RO. The realism of RO was what set it apart from its competition, and it is what we play it for. We are criticizing the MkB with the scope, and the MP40-II because even though they existed, they were rare and might of never seen actual combat. Other things we saw that were historically inaccurate was the location of the Iron cross on the jacket, and the appearence of the dog tags. We are pointing these out not because we want to cause trouble, but because we are concerned with the direction of the game. We want realism, just like in RO1, we want the game to go in the direction of realism and not in the direction of every other shooter out today.

Now perhaps these guns will be rare, perhaps they won't be seen often on the maps. And that might make it ok, but can someone tell me with some confidence that this is the case?

We are still interested in the game, but we have criticism. Now act like mature adults and take the criticism and qualm our fears. Or, just say nothing at all, calling us Nazi fan boys is not professional.

-Thank You
Alois Himmel

Upvote 0