• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

Never claimed to be professional, just a gamer who likes to make fun of people who take themselves and a COMPUTER GAME way to seriously.

If the Commies would do it i would make fun of them as well. But for some reason they don't.

Anyway, I am going to enjoy the game. You should have fun too :)

Oh I am, it's just it came across in abit of a different way than what you explain above at first. That's all :)

I for one have no issues with the pictures showcased so far, and frankly I'm excited to see even more weapons in the game.

Upvote 0
And in the name of being civilized there's practical solution #101 that has been said several times:

YOU CAN DISABLE THEM SERVER-SIDE IF YOU WISH.

No offence to anyone, but that caps lock part was necessary. It's not real counterargument for authencity, realism or anything. It's a practical solution and nothing more, unless you want to argue is practical solution that makes the problem (almost) nonexistant is acceptable thing in such scenario, considering the odds for altering a game design far in beta are nonexistant even when it makes your feathers ruff\grind your gears\annoy the crap out of you\[insert relative adjective here].

Knowing that we can disable them server-side is very nice. That is one step in the right direction.

Reactions: Schreq
Upvote 0
If you guys look, I was quoting someone else that mentioned Nazi Fanboys, and responding to what he said. I never directly called anyone a nazi fanboy. So unless someone really IS a nazi-fanboy, they shouldn't be offended by me indirectly mentioning nazi-fanboys :)

Regarding realism, realism is like art - everyone has their own interpretation. Tripwire plays around in the grey areas quite a bit - and we always have. When things are cold hard facts we don't go against them. But when there is a grey area we work within that. RO1 had the MP41, PPD40, etc - rare weapons. RO2 just takes that mold further.

There are those that think every soldier was equipped exactly the same way, wore their clothes the exact same way, had some exact set of weapons, etc. Well I'm here to tell you, that isn't real war. Look at pictures and videos of the German soldiers coming out of their bunkers at the end of the battle of Stalingrad. Those guys are covering up with anything they can, and they sure as hell don't care if their dog tags are showing!

Good post Ramm, I'm glad you addressed this issue and cleared up the confusion.

Upvote 0
I noticed a glitch.

Light bleeds inside the helmets and illuminates the foreheads.

Spoiler!

It seems to be a problem with shadow bias, cause as it gets closer to head, the distance between the helmet and head is lower than shadow bias and shadow is not cast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If you guys look, I was quoting someone else that mentioned Nazi Fanboys, and responding to what he said. I never directly called anyone a nazi fanboy.

Well as far as the Nazi Fanboy comments, when you choose to portray a German unit in RO/DH, you get called Nazi Fanboys at the drop of a hat. It gets old really quick. And I see that you were using it indirectly. My apologies.

So unless someone really IS a nazi-fanboy, they shouldn't be offended by me indirectly mentioning nazi-fanboys :)

Now right after justifying your first post, you go and say this. Ramm-Jaeger your insinuations are biting and once again unprofessional.

Upvote 0
I wasn't going to mention it, but it's been an issue in all the screenshots. I figure it's a limitation of the UE3 engine. You see the same issues with the inside of the mouth / teeth / tongue being far too well lit.

you quoted me before I edited my post and added the possible cause.

"It seems to be a problem with shadow bias, cause as it gets closer to head, the distance between the helmet and head is lower than shadow bias and shadow is not cast."

Upvote 0
I don't envy your job twi, too many times have I seen one of you guys say it like it is. Only to have some people cry and call you unprofessional.

Well I'm sorry but twi are not some huge dev that runs around kissing your arse when you feel offended.

The lack of arse kissing goes both ways Jalex3. I see things in these screen shots that are encouraging, and others that worry me. I point out the bad things because I feel they are important, as a consumer it is my duty.

Reactions: u-s-e-r
Upvote 0