• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

From what I understand there is a 'reload faster'.. 'more sprinting stamina' etc. added to the game.

All of which are acceptable. If you've been shot at a lot and not died, you get more used to it; get more used to it, you get less afraid of it; get less afraid of it, your hands start shaking less; your hands start shaking less, you can reload faster. As for sprinting, someone who's had to sprint back and forth in and out of fighting positions will undoutedbly be in better shape (assuming they are well fed and cared after) than someone new to combat will be (assuming the same parameters). Besides, I bet it won't be anything like sleight of hand in CoD where you go from a normal person to a super robot programmed exclusivley to reload firearms, and I'm certain it will be nothing like Marathon, where you are Usain Bolt with energy drinks being constantly injected into his system via needles. My point is I doubt TWI will make it to where Hero avatars have much of an advantage over non-hero avatars; the real advantage will be the Hero player himself. If you're a hero, you know the ins and outs of the game very well; this already gives you a humongous advantage over a green player, and the TWI devs of course know this.

EDIT: hnnggg ghosts

Upvote 0
This is actually one of the qualities of Ostfront that I prefer. When everyone is on the same level playing field as far as avatar abilities goes, then you can really see the individualities of the players behind the keyboard. If you've played RO for any length of time, you can easily see how some guys are able to do things with the avatar that others can't; true skill really shines.

So true

Upvote 0
One thing everyone needs to consider.

People are worried that being a hero gives you too many advantages (Relaoding faster, running faster etc)

Consider these well known FACTS

1) Heroes will stand out, thus every enemy will aim specifically for them. Running longer? You can't outrun 20 bullets firing from different angles.

2) Heroes will reduce the effect of suppression on friendly forces: Meaning Heroes won't be able to rambo, cause the team will be counting on them to stick to the hottest area's to help the team (think squad leader)

3) Heroes will give a big penalty to suppression effect if they are killed (which will likely happen a lot, see point one) So if they think they'll rambo and run out of cover with their 1337 MKb42, the team will likely want him replaced as he'll be costing the team more penalties then buffs.

4) You have some nice gear, everyone on your team knows that, they will be hovering over your shoulder waiting for you to take a bullet in the noggin so they can get that sweet sweet rifle of yours (think annoying sniper campers)

I dunno about you guys, but I really don't want to be a hero myself, I'd rather die without responsibilities and it doesn't sound like its going to be so great to be the hero.

Upvote 0
nice :D

side note: this "thread pages + 1" bug is getting out of hand, with my post this is three posts on this page and yet it still has a link to a null next page :rolleyes:

i'm guessing that's probably due to a number of posts being "soft-deleted". they're still there, it's just that regular users can't view them.....so it's showing pages for the total amount of actual posts and not just visible posts.

Reactions: Tank!
Upvote 0
Hockeywarrior said:
I only come to this conclusion because you never seem to suggest anything constructive
I did kind of suggest the Nebelkerzenabwurfvorrichtung and the Zielschiene which probably came to nothing.

As Wilsonam has stated many times it isn't an F2. And again as above - if the weapons existed what's the problem? They've been implemented to appear "rarely" - if you don't like them play on a server without them.
It is an F2. His opinion that it is something else is the result of lack of attention to detail on his part. And if it appears as rare in game as its production numbers suggest it should be then that would be a problem on RO2's tank map or any other map that features it in large numbers.

There are plenty of vanilla RO servers running now, 5 years after the game came out.
Yes, plenty running but empty vanilla bot servers. The Snipe and 24/7 Danzig servers which always seem populated I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole and the TWB servers, which are not vanilla, either have bad Euro ping or have at least 50 custom downloads/maps that take an eternity to download. Other than the occasional 6 v 7 that populate up every once in a while that is pretty much it. The tank servers are practically non-existant.

The fact is a realistic implementation of tank bailing would be an enormous amount of work - one that far outweighs that of the benefits it brings to gameplay.
It would not be as enormous as the dubious position switching animations in the tanks. BTW what ever happens to the players headset cables during this? Your 'benefits to gameplay' is an opinion and an anti tank crew opinion at that. If you were a tanker you would understand that restricting tankers to no bailing is detrimental to proficient tanking by exploiting the terrain.

Someone could make a mod, or a mutator that does allow such a thing
And then have a bunch of complaints like 'whenever I join X server I have to download multiple X files at dial up speed' 'X server gave me a package mismatch' 'I will avoid X server and be forced to play on Y' etc...

Mkb42's in Stalingrad is of the same magnitude as Tigers in 1939.
I dont know. I mean could the VK3001(H/P) have possibly been around in 1940, and can anyone beyond a shadow of a doubt prove that it wasn't. It doesn't matter how rare it was, if it could have been there, it's ok to use.

If realism servers will be empty in 8 months, that means there will be no demand for realism.
It means that the realism crowd has moved on to other games or has surrendered into playing relaxed realism servers due to relaxed realism siphoning a disproportunate amount of players with their BOOM Heroic Headshot Danzig MkB/AVT only with 24/7 stats gimmics.

he seems to think that anything that isn't 100% perfectly accurate is "undetailed" , an "afterthough rush job" or something of the like.
Or sub-standard research on Tripwire's part. For example see the nice PPSH post by Grobut or the P IV A interior in an F2 post.

i don't think people have figured out that the dev team has done there research, and isn't just shooting stuff out of there asses.
Need I remind you of the PTRD's overpoweredness in RO1 or the inexplicable frontal armor thickness of the Panzer III L in RO1 and other similar things. Is their research any better the second time around?

Also with the Soviet models wearing the helmets, do all of them have the chinstrap on the front of the helmet?
I haven't noticed yet but do German helmets get chinstraps?

Snuffeldjuret said:
leaked document it said that you will be able to set the amount of heroes on the server.
Crap. soviet heros only vs bolt action only Germans map or vice versa. Heros vs the Bandagers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think mr.Tank here would find any current console title to fit him and his needs perfectly, maybe not in realism but everything else. Judging by your posts you want something like this, am i right...

* No mod tools
* One style only
* No customization
* No ability to run certain server options, client options

Why not throw matchmaking, no dev support and locked server files into the mix and you've got yourself a modern money-making COD clone, heck while we're at it lets also make sure to lock down all the admin/console commands. (I mean dear god, the sheer thought of someone getting kicked, and after that he might never played the game again)

How's that for maintaining a community?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is an F2. His opinion that it is something else is the result of lack of attention to detail on his part. And if it appears as rare in game as its production numbers suggest it should be then that would be a problem on RO2's tank map or any other map that features it in large numbers.

It amazes me that you know better what TWI is doing than TWI.

This game obviously won't satisfy you. Might as well wait for some other developer to make the game you want.

Reactions: Moyako
Upvote 0
I notice the Russian tank crewmen have the same collar tabs as the regular infantry, when they should be black with crimson borders.

tank43rs.jpg

(But I don't mind, because I probably won't be tanking much ;)).

Upvote 0