• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

Great looking new screenshots for both ROHOS and RS. Nice work!

Glad to hear more confirmation on customizing the servers with regards to weapons and such. As long as the base core mechanics of the game remains true to itself (ex: no crosshairs, no duck and heal etc etc), then it really is hard to complain about things such as the HUD or hero weapons. I'm guessing there will be more than enough servers where everyone can sample and play what they like best, or even try them all.

Upvote 0
I suggest you take at least a case study course at your local college/university. Every economist or business manager I have ever read says that the market is the purest form of "democracy" because the dollar has power. If you can't produce what people want, you aren't going to do very well int he global economy.
This topic just went from funny to sad =(.

Upvote 0
I suggest you take at least a case study course at your local college/university. Every economist or business manager I have ever read says that the market is the purest form of "democracy" because the dollar has power. If you can't produce what people want, you aren't going to do very well int he global economy.

Sigh... so they need to put crosshairs, regenerative health, crosshairs and killstreaks. Because this is what most ppl want and what devs do to earn big cash.

The only thing i find wrong with the mask is that it looks too thin and glued to the face, hence the ninja, opposed to the photos where it looks thicker and with wrinkles.

Upvote 0
May have been beaten to this, but...

I don't recognize the scope on that Mosin, experimental?

6.jpg
It looks like a PE/PEM series scope, same as Zaitsev's rifle carried and very common in the early war period. The scope is a much more complex and costly design (in the same vein as the German optics) and as a result the more distinctive PU more or less replaced it by war's end.

If you poke around, you'll see a lot of photos of Soviet snipers carrying PE-scoped rifles, especially in the 1941-43 period.

Upvote 0
Judgement should be reserved for when people actually play the finished the game.

It's like arguing about a novel in a book review having only looked at the cover.

Does the game feel realistic in the manner of it's play? does the game allow players to change levels of realism for experienced and new players? does the game allow players to change what weapons are used? does the game allow MODs to change things they don't like?

These are what people should be interested in, not whether one weapon did or did not feature within the time period in which the game is set.

Upvote 0
The only thing i find wrong with the mask is that it looks too thin and glued to the face, hence the ninja, opposed to the photos where it looks thicker and with wrinkles.
Yeah, noticed that too. My only complaint aside from that is the Russian winter uniforms. I know some of the Russian units wore white (mostly elite units like the Siberian ski troops), but did all of them wear white greatcoats and how often will we see them in the game? In most pics and videos I've seen, the Russians wore the standard brown greatcoats of the brown telogreika as winter clothing instead of white camo. Is it just to tell the Germans from the Russians? Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Upvote 0
I cant follow some of the arguments on here, and why some get so overheated about things

The more stuff they include the better - and we all know they give us the options to turn stuff on and off as server owners see fit.

I'm not against this realisum is all - but it's a game and for games to be fun it has to be balanced now if that includes adding some stuff they may not be that common but balances the game better then it's got to be a good thing.

I mean if were gunna follow this realisum is all, train of thought then the russian have to win because thats what happened in real.

Now for the real die hards all they need to do is find a server with only the options they want enabled - if there isn't one then just get a few to together and rent one then they can set what ever option they deem right.

if you still ain't got what you want there's always the SDK to mod the game to your particular taste

But I believe that TWI are going the right way to make the game as attractive as possible to as many as possible.

Personally i'll play on any server thats fun & freindly to be on -
immaterial of what ever level of realisum they use

Upvote 0
Good God, do you realize the German soldier you posted is wearing the "ski mask" just not covering his face?

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=760213&postcount=265

BTW: What happened to my post, moderators? Was I being too sarcastic, or not sarcastic enough?

The problem is not what he is wearing, but more how it is being worn and modeled. Not one of the historic pictures shows the germans wearing some skin tight arrangement that covers both the nose and mouth and only leaves the eyes exposed. So in the game it makes it look more like a modern day "ski mask" that is used by SWAT and "operators".

Again it is not the inclusion of the balaclava, but the fact that it is rendered to look more "highspeed" and "leet" and something out of some modern CoD game. There would be no issue if the nose was not covered, then it would look like the sample pictures actually posted.

Upvote 0
Regarding the German toque, the Germans had tubular ones as-well meant specifically so you could pull them up over the nose & mouth.

Also from a 1940 German training film on operations in snow (these fullface ski masks were available):
a64735b12ee394e71a1037_m.jpg

And here's a couple of reenactors who have pulled their toques up:
battle-fig2007-017-L.jpg

reenactor_02.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hmm

hmm

It's a pretty simple concept. If you want to buy it? Buy it. If minor things will keep you from buying it...then don't buy it. The majority, I think, are happy with what they see. If you want to skip this game and wait for another (which most likely won't be this detailed) then kudos for doing so.

Most of the complaints, as has been stated numerous times, can be disabled through the server config. I don't think the devs or general public need to justify nor defend the game title. It truley is simple. Don't like it? Don't let the door hit you on the way out. There will be plenty of other players to play with. Hell, most of those players won't care about such mundane things such as uniform items because they'll be too busy shooting the enemy than to go "WAIT! HALT! Why is there dogtags hanging outside the man's uniform?! EFF THIS GAME. *logs off*"

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and as a consumer, is perfectly within reason to express it. However, the level at which this is getting at is ridiculous. I had to sift through so much crap to get any kind of information from this forum post.

Anyways, love what I'm seeing. Can't wait to get this game on day 1!

Upvote 0
And I know that we are a minority, it just sucks when you have played a game for so long and it seems that the community and the game are going in the opposite direction. We'll still play, and we'll always be around.

The game and community are going in the opposite direction? FFS do you keep up with the forums at all? How is realistic ballistics, bullet penetration, a more realistic damage system, more realistic weapon handling, vastly more realistic tanking, first person cover, blind firing, and more, going in the opposite direction? You're tellling me that the MP-40II and Mkb42 somehow invalidates all of that?

I'll just say it. You're either a troll or stupid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
server-realism einstellungen

server-realism einstellungen

Hello dear community-ro ...

(my english google translate I am sorry ...)

I'm sorry if I'm wrong here at the theme ...

I have some questions about server settings ...

it will be possible to adjust the real server on multy player?

- No dead message
- Without radar
- Without heroes
- Be the kill-points when a player is not updated until dead?

can get the tank crew?

is the off-road driving slower than on a street?

greetings ...

Upvote 0
server settings

server settings

Hello dear community-ro ...

(my english google translate I am sorry ...)

I'm sorry if I'm wrong here at the theme ...

I have some questions about server settings ...

it will be possible to adjust the real server on multy player?

- No dead message
- Without radar
- Without heroes
- Be the kill-points when a player is not updated until dead?

can get the tank crew?

is the off-road driving slower than on a street?

greetings ...

Upvote 0
I did make a post here, but it seems I pressed the wrong button or something and didn't actually post it. Whoops.

91/30 scope - It's a PEM, which was much, much more common in Stalingrad. It was an older design and much more costly and time-consuming to produce, which is why the PU was introduced - from what I recall the PU didn't really start appearing until late '42 and wasn't truly prolific until late '43-early '44. It's more realistic to have that than PU-series scopes left and right.

MKb.42(H) and MP-40 II - I dunno about you, but if I wanted to figure out if a weapon was any good, the first place I'd be sending it is the single largest encirclement at the time and the fiercest battle in human history. Regardless of whether they were physically seen there or not (and apparently the MKb was), simple logic dictates that at least a few would have found their way there. The MKb could mount both a long eye relief optic like the Kar98K and a bayonet, so I see no reason they shouldn't be included.

The WH hero - Oh come on. Ski masks, padded jackets, gloves... all part of the standard issue winter gear in practically every military for at least the last 100 years. My grandfather's wool balaclava (and mine, which is practically the same) can both be pulled up to cover the lower half of the face like that, and nobody likes frostbite. Soldiers will readily ignore parade-ground grooming standards in combat, and WWII was the single most intense conflict in human history. Are you seriously telling me none of you expect a single soldier to not care if their tags are hanging out, or if they aren't supposed to have X medal pinned in Y location on Z day? I sure don't care and nobody I know does either. I can tell you right now that the first thing anyone does out field is pop their collars to keep the sun off their necks, roll their sleeves, and throw empty mags down the front of their shirt rather than stuff about with mag pouches (then replace them into the pouch when they have time). All of these things are supposedly against some regulation or another, but nobody cares because there is no place for that in combat, especially the real thing.

Personally, I can't wait for the game and I'm keen to try out some of the new weapons. I was really glad to see the Nagant 1895 get included, by the way.

Upvote 0