• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

Holy Sh!t :eek: Spawn Ninjas are back!

99806112.jpg

the fabric clinging the nose anti-gravity-like is a bit strange. i suggest making the opening more triangular. maybe raise the part of the cloth covering the cheeks a bit higher.

also see telogreika. very nice normal maps.

Upvote 0
Oh my :IS2:!!! I registered just to say how much I messed up my pants when I saw these screenshots! HoS is coming along so nicely and will, in no doubt, be the best ww2 fps game ever made!

Tripwire, you are the best game company ever! I will remain loyal to you forevaaaaaah!! <3

Schnitzel

buy ro : ost to proove that ...:cool:

Reactions: Grumms
Upvote 0
Guys I love the screenies honestly, as for RS mod... looks so lush and rich in nature,beautifull screenies from both the developers and modders.

I like the fact that you guys added rare weapons to the game,its nothing out of ordinary,you guys added them cause they existed iven in small numbers.
To me thats a good thing,we get new game,few new addons that were real,Pacific mod and Vietnam mod.

I can't be any more happy,thank you :)

Upvote 0
Why would I play Gran Tourismo over Burnout? If I wanted my racing game to be that realistic I'd become a damned race driver.

etc etc etc etc

My point is - there are people flipping their heads over a few minor details

I play Gran Tourismo over Burnout because it is FUN
any game i choose to play over another
because it is FUN

I don't get the point of all this useless nitpicking at little details that will in no way effect the realism in terms of gameplay, teamwork, weapon ballistics, environments, etc

hell I'm gonna go flame the makers of gran turismo for including the Mercedez-Benz patent motor wagon into their racing game

It just takes so much away from the experience that this wagon which was never used in racing is in a racing game
3834947059_b59630eae4.jpg

Upvote 0
Nothing can calm the realism buffs down entirely. I'm still not comfortable with the "Hero" concepts. I'm somewhat happy knowing they will not be a common site, but I think more reassuring would be some numbers... With a 64 player server, how many "Hero" slots will be available? 2, one for each side?

I could live with that. And I most likely will be playing on servers with the whole "Hero" deal disabled.

My real worries are with the actual combat mechanics of the game itself. From what I watch from the videos posted, it seems alot easier to "run and gun", than it was in RO I. Things like reloading times being quicker, to quick. In RO I they were perfect. Stamina being a little higher than it should be. These are the types of things people should worry about, not prototype weapons and unifroms that break regulations (Take the German soldier, it is not WHAT he is wearing, but HOW he is wearing it. ID tags were never supposed to be hanging out like that, they were supposed to be tucked in behind the shirt. Just because that guy is supposed to be a veteran, doesn't mean he would be allowed to break those kinds of regulations. ID tags were pieces of equipment, not articles of bling.)

Upvote 0
The problem is that in terms fun, many people (maybe not a majority, but they exist, I'm one of them) enjoy more realistic games. Between the two mainstream realistic extremes, we have ARMA II on one side, and games like CoD and Battlefield on the other. Red Orchestra is in between them, it attempts to be authentic in terms of how various weapons work and other aspects, while still being fun.

How I can percieve some of the reactions to the rare firearms is that people may see that as TWI distancing themselves from their ideal game in order to cater to someone else. While I'm not too worried, I can see why some people are.

I hope that's coherent, it's hard to articulate your thoughts from a mobile phone.

Reactions: Alois Himmel
Upvote 0