• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PBBans supports Red Orchestra 2

Theres a lot more but I dont want this to look too much like a PR post.
There are 6,279 players on the PBBans w@w banlist (and counting) you will probably find that a lot of the obvious cheaters you took the time and trouble to spectate, and have experienced admins confirm as cheaters, were already on our banlist.

Th crux of the problem is that this still relies on PB doing its job for the most part. Which it does not....for the most part.

Look, don't get me wrong, what you are doing is an admirable undertaking no doubt. But as a paying customer, when I buy a game, I kind of expect the available onboard anti cheat to do its job. none of them are going to be 100 % as long as you have red bull amped script kiddies who jack off over this, and have no other life to attend to, but it should at least stop most of what seems suspicious anyways. I find that VAC does that ok, at least better than PB. I'd love to have the time to be able to babysit a server , send files , send screens ect but unfortunately I do not.

To each his own, YMMV and all that.

Upvote 0
but it should at least stop most of what seems suspicious anyways. I find that VAC does that ok, at least better than PB. I'd love to have the time to be able to babysit a server , send files , send screens ect but unfortunately I do not.

VAC is about worthless in cod:bo .. i can find 5 cheaters a day . and PB be default sucks ... but ... punkbuster streaming with its MD5 checks updateing themselves daily is the best ive seen.

thats whats great about streaming is that you dont have to baby sit it .. the streaming will update your MD5's and that will do the work for you.
+ you get the community banlist

if you see a player that looks like they slipped through. you can force a screenshot on that player. if the screenshot is dirty . you can submit it or not. but it feels really good knowing you got a cheater banned from a 1,000 servers

Upvote 0
Just as point of interest ... BFP4F servers were released to the public less than 48hrs ago and we already have 3 aimbot detections on our banlist;
[url]http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-latest50-bfp4f-lfb39.html[/URL]

Ha ha, nice to hear. I tried that game in the beta and forgot about, I think I may give a try again. Nice to know there is some Anti-Cheat enabled in a Free to Play fps of that caliber.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So everytime I'm in a COD:WAW multiplayer game I get punk busted after about 30 seconds with the following message:
Restriction: Disallowed Program/Driver [125140]

Lets start by giving a little background first :)
A lot of modern cheats run outside of the game directory and hook into the game from wherever it is installed to (i.e. your desktop)

Cheat coders are anything but stupid, and use the same hooking method that legitimate software uses, to disguise cheat use.
To combat the disguised hooking method, EvenBalance will issue a restriction kick (not a ban) when any program hooks into the game in the same way as various modern day cheats do.

Your particular restriction kick is discussed on a lot of forums including ours, here is the link;
[url]http://www.pbbans.com/forums/programdriver-125140-t110428.html[/URL]

So, to sum up :)
EvenBalance are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea re disguised hooking methods used by modern day cheats.
Damned if they do and damned if they dont.
You should remember that there is always the troubleticket system in place so you can at least open a dialogue with EvenBalance staff to discuss your issue and seek assistance to resolve it.
Most legit software developers affected by restriction kicks, enter a dialogue and come to a compromise with EvenBalance.
Lately there seems to have been a bit of friction between EvenBalance and Valve, both blaming the other for "none co-operation" re restriction kicks for steam overlay.
Hopefully, with RO2:HOS having the option to run both VAC and PB in tandem, the steam overlay problems will be resolved.
RO2:HOS devs have specifically stated that this particular issue must be resolved, and PB devs will be in TWi studios to address it this week afaik.
If they manage to resolve the steam overlay issue for RO2:HOS then maybe that will filter down to older games that have had the same issue for quite some time.:cool:

Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0
Lets start by giving a little background first :)
A lot of modern cheats run outside of the game directory and hook into the game from wherever it is installed to (i.e. your desktop)

Cheat coders are anything but stupid, and use the same hooking method that legitimate software uses, to disguise cheat use.
To combat the disguised hooking method, EvenBalance will issue a restriction kick (not a ban) when any program hooks into the game in the same way as various modern day cheats do.

Your particular restriction kick is discussed on a lot of forums including ours, here is the link;
[url]http://www.pbbans.com/forums/programdriver-125140-t110428.html[/URL]

So, to sum up :)
EvenBalance are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea re disguised hooking methods used by modern day cheats.
Damned if they do and damned if they dont.
You should remember that there is always the troubleticket system in place so you can at least open a dialogue with EvenBalance staff to discuss your issue and seek assistance to resolve it.
Most legit software developers affected by restriction kicks, enter a dialogue and come to a compromise with EvenBalance.
Lately there seems to have been a bit of friction between EvenBalance and Valve, both blaming the other for "none co-operation" re restriction kicks for steam overlay.
Hopefully, with RO2:HOS having the option to run both VAC and PB in tandem, the steam overlay problems will be resolved.
RO2:HOS devs have specifically stated that this particular issue must be resolved, and PB devs will be in TWi studios to address it this week afaik.
If they manage to resolve the steam overlay issue for RO2:HOS then maybe that will filter down to older games that have had the same issue for quite some time.:cool:

Hey thanks for all the help. Turns out was in fact the steam overlay. Turned it off and PRESTO. No problems. :)

Upvote 0
Punkbuster is like what John Rambo would be like fighting bad guys in a crowded mall: he takes them down faster, but for every bad guy he kills, he causes thousands in property damage, and stray bullets mow down dozens of civilians.

VAC is like a trained assassin. His quarry is free to do whatever he likes, until he wakes up one day to find piano wire around his neck.

Upvote 0
Punkbuster is like what John Rambo would be like fighting bad guys in a crowded mall: he takes them down faster, but for every bad guy he kills, he causes thousands in property damage, and stray bullets mow down dozens of civilians.

VAC is like a trained assassin. His quarry is free to do whatever he likes, until he wakes up one day to find piano wire around his neck.

Not quite an accurate statement I'm sure, but still kinda funny in the morning before my coffee :p

(not knocking PB)

Upvote 0