• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Any word on DX11?

I doubt many people even have DX11 video cards now.

Would be nice in a patch though, assuming it improves performance or graphics.

Game looks amazing from the screenies I saw,but when speaking of DX11,well I already upgraded to AMD x6 1090T,2 ATI 6870....an upgrade well worth for another 4-5 years and yeah its DX11.

As time passes by,people will eventually upgrade.

Upvote 0
Would DX11 support in anyway help people like myself with DX10 cards? I heard something about it being more optimized or something.
No. Any overall driver improvements might accrue to DX10 HW, but that has nothing to do with DX11 per se. There are a few items that come along for (almost) free with the API (eg compute shaders, multithreading) for some 10.x HW with restrictions. If the dev codes for this and your HW has what is needed, you might see some benefits.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Game looks amazing from the screenies I saw,but when speaking of DX11,well I already upgraded to AMD x6 1090T,2 ATI 6870....an upgrade well worth for another 4-5 years and yeah its DX11.

As time passes by,people will eventually upgrade.

Same here, only I have the 1055 CPU. And the power supply was DOA. So no new PC until Tuesday. I, for one, would welcome our new DX 11 overlords.

Upvote 0
I doubt many people even have DX11 video cards now.
Actually, I would presume that most gamers have a DX11 setup by now, considering how cheap most of the low-mid range DX11 GPU's are nowadays.

And as already mentioned, this trend is likely to grow and by the time ROHOS releases, even more people will have DX11 GPU's.

Whether or not the graphical advancements DX11 brings are actually worth the extra work and effort is a completely different matter tho. Personally I'm glad they are skipping it for now and concentrating on more important features than graphical fluff.

Upvote 0
Actually, I would presume that most gamers have a DX11 setup by now, considering how cheap most of the low-mid range DX11 GPU's are nowadays.

I have to believe that this game will run pretty well on a HD6850, or a GTX550Ti. The performance those cards are giving would have cost a LOT more just a few short years ago. I think DX11 capable rigs are more common than some may think, and yeah it's only becoming more common.

But I also agree that the real guts of the game are more important than eye candy at this point.

Upvote 0
dx11 does more than just allow better looking gfx. It also allows for increased performance. It also gives a significant boost to multicore cpu performance in games.
You can actually get a boost from having dx11 installed basically without having a dx11 card.

So, DX11 helps multi-core pcs run better in that game?

Upvote 0