• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[TW]Wilsonam is live on crosshairs now...

And it wasn't tank BARREL temp - it was ambient environment temp - influences MG barrel over-heating, as well as the mv of tank rounds.

This is why Red Orchestra is beyond the tech curve

I hope when this game hits you guys hit a vacation with some pina coladas, because you've clearly been working mighty hard.

Meanwhile MilSim devs make weak games like Breach.

Faith in TW justified :IS2:

Upvote 0
So that would mean MG's and such can fire longer on winter maps without overheating? Nice! :) It's cool to see things that would differentiate summer maps from winter maps other than just the aesthatical feel of it.

Also, confirmed entry/exit wounds! YUSH! Somehow that greatly excites me ^^
Oh, how i loved the days where i would shoot someone in Rogue Spear and moved up to check the entry wounds and confirm the hitzone :)

Upvote 0
And it wasn't tank BARREL temp - it was ambient environment temp - influences MG barrel over-heating, as well as the mv of tank rounds.

Sorry Alan,

I corrected it.

husbert said:
thats a new feature?

in ro you could set the temperature at maps :confused:

It only affected MG Overheating, not the Muzzle Velocity of Tank Rounds.
And to some who first heard about HoS in this Podcast, its news that RO OSTFRONT, has Bullet Drop / Travel Time. So for some those are really new features.

Upvote 0
So that would mean MG's and such can fire longer on winter maps without overheating? Nice! :) It's cool to see things that would differentiate summer maps from winter maps other than just the aesthatical feel of it.

Also, confirmed entry/exit wounds! YUSH! Somehow that greatly excites me ^^
Oh, how i loved the days where i would shoot someone in Rogue Spear and moved up to check the entry wounds and confirm the hitzone :)

All you need is to be able to get close enough to the corpse to see the exit wounds afterwards, and look at the real power of your shot. :)

Upvote 0
Pretty close. It was my question that Alan was answering.

I asked: "The recent Gamespot article talked about tanks destroying a house piece by piece. Is procedural destruction in, or is this just the article getting it wrong?" ... or something to that effect.

The answer: YES you can destroy certain houses piece by piece, but won't be able to level all of them, either because they are too strong or for gameplay reasons.

The main reason I asked this is because I was under the impression that all destroyable houses/buildings would have a "destroyed" and "untouched" state with no gap in between. This is what we saw in those gameplay demos a few months back where John called an arty strike on a village and the houses went from being "perfect" to "destroyed."

It seems according to Wilson's answer that some buildings can be destroyed bit by bit, which really excites me.

Awesome. I too was worried there would only be "destroyed" and "normal" meshes for building destruction.

This will make combined arms maps a lot more interesting.

Even if tanks just have the ability to say, blow out of chunk of wall on a building, and not do any structural damage, it will still be really cool since A) people can no longer run behind a wall to become immune to tanks. B) Tanks with HE shell's could be useful for taking out MG's and Snipers firing out of windows.

Especially if/when they introduce the stug and other assault tanks that were designed for a supporting role.

Also, presumably satchel charges will take advantage of this as well, which will make them more fun to use, rather than there only being specific spots on specific maps that have destructible walls.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just a quick thanks to Bleed at Crosshairs for the coverage of In Country: Vietnam and to TWI for their continued support.

It's great to see the mod getting some attention and we're very aware we've been a little quiet since our last media release.

As Alan said we're awaiting the SDK right now, but excited at how close we are to getting it. We will be a little less secretive in the near future and keep checking back on our site and these forums for news.

In the mean time we're also actively recruiting talented and enthusiastic modders. So if you want to help out, get in touch.

In Country Site
In Country Thread (RO Forums)

Upvote 0
Just a quick question, how exactly does ambient temperature influence the v0 of a tank round?

I know that temperature influences powder burn-rates, but that's mainly depending on the temperature of the ammo, not on the ambient temperature.

Presumably the tank barrels are designed with tolerances so it won't jam when it gets hot, so when it is warmer, the metal expands and there is a tighter fit between the shell and the barrel which means more velocity since less explosive force is dissipated around the shell.

Also higher temperature means gas is less dense, so it may be that when its colder there is more velocity since their is more air pressure per cubic CM pushing the shell down the barrel.

Or warm air thats in front of the shell in the barrel, is less dense, so there's less air resistance so the shell accelerates faster for the same amount of thrust.

I have no idea which if any of these ideas is right. I'm sure one of the tank obsessives will be along shortly to answer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0