• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[TW]Wilsonam is live on crosshairs now...

Some short notes from the Cast:

Cancel Reload confirmed
Bullet Exit/entry Wounds confirmed
Ambient Temperature influences MG Overheating / have an Effect on Muzzle Velocity of Tank Rounds (if i understood correctly)
Pavlov Map is included
SinglePlayer will be enhanced MP Maps, not just Countdown with Bots.
Competitve Support again confirmed (this made Dreamgirl Very VERY Happy :D )
12 Mods for RO2 (some only in planning stage)
Terrain Deformation is out because of MP problems.

I'm not sure if i understood Alan correctly about Tanks shooting Buildings, but heavy concrete Buildings will not be able to destroyed by Tanks (which is realistic).

People able to play RO2 at GDC say:
soulz - Movement feels fluid and responsive. Somewhere on the Quality level of CoD and BO, concerning fluidity and natural feel.

For more detailed info listen to the unedited Recording. Alan made a very good appearence and several People in the Chat asked about RO1, some will try the Sequel out.

So even if there ain't much news for the "RO faithful" RO2 is getting more and more attention. The Host of the Show being a newly RO Fan doesn't hurt :D. GDC Booth of TWI was getting quite a lot of attention according to reports.

Thanks for the Podcast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not sure if i understood Alan correctly about Tanks shooting Buildings, but heavy concrete Buildings will not be able to destroyed by Tanks (which is realistic).
Pretty close. It was my question that Alan was answering.

I asked: "The recent Gamespot article talked about tanks destroying a house piece by piece. Is procedural destruction in, or is this just the article getting it wrong?" ... or something to that effect.

The answer: YES you can destroy certain houses piece by piece, but won't be able to level all of them, either because they are too strong or for gameplay reasons.

The main reason I asked this is because I was under the impression that all destroyable houses/buildings would have a "destroyed" and "untouched" state with no gap in between. This is what we saw in those gameplay demos a few months back where John called an arty strike on a village and the houses went from being "perfect" to "destroyed."

It seems according to Wilson's answer that some buildings can be destroyed bit by bit, which really excites me.

Upvote 0